Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest reefatoon

The scrapping near the dugouts with the umpa lumpas is my main Anglo-Italian Cup memory  :lol:

Hammering Leciester at home too (4-0?) - I'm sure Sheedy scored a class free kick?!

That scrap was funny as fuck man. When you watch it, their manager goes complete batshit because Alan Thompson gives him a sneaky hoof to the shin. Was comedy gold.

• 4 weeks later...

The scrapping near the dugouts with the umpa lumpas is my main Anglo-Italian Cup memory  :lol:

Hammering Leciester at home too (4-0?) - I'm sure Sheedy scored a class free kick?!

That scrap was funny as f*** man. When you watch it, their manager goes complete batshit because Alan Thompson gives him a sneaky hoof to the shin. Was comedy gold.

I jumped onto the pitch in the melee, and got one of their players in a headlock. Probably would be a lifetime ban nowadays.

Is there actually any footage of it, I've seen nothing since it was on the late Look North the night of the game, and my brother pointed it out to my parents?

• 2 months later...
Guest Howaythetoon

My hero!

He was already my hero and when I met him he become an even bigger one if that’s possible. I regard KK as only a handful of people in the game past and present who would never lie to fans, try and pull the wool over their eyes or do anything to place himself or his own interests above the fans, players and club. Sir Bobby was one of them, Rafa is, Hughton is. Compare that to complete scumbags like Big Sam, Pardew and the likes of Souness who all tragically managed us. Someone said KK is too honest for football and too principled. If only there were more people like him in the game...

Guest Howaythetoon

He stayed at a talk in until 3 in the morning chatting and signing stuff and it kicked off at 7 and he didn’t have one drink IIRC. Like Sir Bobby I think he could talk football all day long and night, more so with normal fans than fellow pros and pundits.

• 3 weeks later...

Nah too p*ssed and too tired. I will say this...

Me: "Kevin, you are the reason why I got into football. Your passion, your humility, your love of the game. Today it's all gone though thanks to Ashley and co."

KK: "Don't ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be, Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me."

His exact words and do yo know what , I f***ing trust the man 100%, he also left my mate in tears with some wise words. The event was a bit of a let down content wise but I met my hero, he didn't disappoint and for 60 quid or whatever it was, it was money well spent.

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

Ah that was a great night, met some top lads who are now good mates as well and KK what a star he was listening to us drunken idiots drool all over him for an hour or so. He didn't leave the talk-in until after 3 IIRC, he had been there before 6 or 7 I believe and I don't think he touched a drop of alcohol himself.

Guest Howaythetoon

Every word he said btw, he meant it, he was like any fan that day, angered and upset, but not giving in, not throwing the towel in. I again read his words as keep fighting for the club you believe in and NUFC under Ashley even with Rafa as manager is not my kind of NUFC. We need to see the end of the fat cunt once and for all. 10 years man? That is far too long. Lets make this his last year!

Me: "Kevin, you are the reason why I got into football. Your passion, your humility, your love of the game. Today it's all gone though thanks to Ashley and co."

KK: "Don't ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it's your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be, Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me."

His exact words and do yo know what , I f***ing trust the man 100%, he also left my mate in tears with some wise words. The event was a bit of a let down content wise but I met my hero, he didn't disappoint and for 60 quid or whatever it was, it was money well spent.

Stick that on a banner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

Stick that on a banner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

Bowie's got a mangina.

• 2 weeks later...