Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

He wants to move as he has a daughter down south right? Surely given his improved form (really impressed how attacking he can be) and maturity deserves a new better contract offer? I take it he has split from the mother otherwise why would she not move to him?

I don't think there is any chance of him staying.

We should get top dollar for him now though.

Did anyone else notice him during the celebrations for our second? Was pushing a few people towards the centre as if to say "lets go and win this". He had (another) great game.

Just noticed this on motd, what a guy. Shame he cant stay, love his attitude

Awesome. Love how they responded, too.

They're an extremely committed bunch, like. Irritates me no end how quick the crowd can get on their backs. At 2-0 yesterday, listening to some of the comments and groans, I was feeling like I never wanted to come back. One bloke was slagging Yedlin off before we'd even kicked off; "look at Yedlin with gloves on... pisses me off, that."

He wants to move as he has a daughter down south right? Surely given his improved form (really impressed how attacking he can be) and maturity deserves a new better contract offer? I take it he has split from the mother otherwise why would she not move to him?

Still together afaik

Guess it's family and not wanting to be away from them with a young baby.

Not quite. They tried being up here but it didn’t work out. The issue is that the baby (and his partner) had a very difficult birth and needs treatment and regular check ups which she gets at the hospital where his girlfriend lives close to.

It’s not just as simple as “move the family up here” or “offer him a better contract”

Some things are more important. I totally respect his decision whatever way it works out and will applaud the lad any time he returns here.

He’s carried himself with total dignity and professionalism in what can only be a terrible situation to be in.

Still together afaik

in his interview recently he said that they wanted to be close to the hospital that had been treating the littl'un rather than changing to yet another one.

Someone posted a link to an article, I think from The Times, which explained the reasons he needed to be closer to family in the south. It's a good read and showed him up as a great lad who has been through a lot recently.

He loves being at NUFC but is in a difficult situation after his daughter's birth and they need a lot of support from family.

Still together afaik

in his interview recently he said that they wanted to be close to the hospital that had been treating the littl'un rather than changing to yet another one.

That and they get a lot of support from his lasses family.

It's not as simple as some people making out with the "Just move the family up here". The whole extended family aren't exactly going to quit their jobs and come up here just for the benefit of their daughter's boyfriend.

Hayden has been very professional and he's played really well this year.

I'm sure we'll get a decent fee for him in the summer, and I wish him well with his family.

:thup:

Wouldn't hold anything against him. Came in for a small fee, helped us get promoted and now helped us stay in the division by stepping up when we had a 'crisis' in his position. Top professional.

He is not a spectacular player but, what he does he does very well.  His first touch is superb and he is not afraid to put in a firm tackle.  I really like him in that defensive central midfield role.  He is keeping Diame out as well which is, frankly, quite a thing.  Diame was immense in that position before he was injured.

When Shelvey came on in the second half I thought our midfield actually looked really good, well balanced and I can only start to dream of Shelvey though balls onto Almiron as this season draws to a close!

Always thought he'd carve out a decent career at the bottom of Premier League/top of the Championship, but the last few months he's proven he can achieve more. Especially considering what's going on in his personal life and his desire to move, his second half yesterday was incredible. Will actually be sad to see him go, but he deserves it.

I hope he stays, but he should put his family first.

From the Chronicle.

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez says the club have not given up hope of keeping Isaac Hayden – and the midfielder could push his way into England contention if he continues to improve.

The ex-Arsenal man has spoken movingly of a desire to be closer to his partner Lauren and his daughter Adriana and requested a transfer both in the summer and in January. But it was not a reflection on his feelings towards the club and performances since he was handed a chance in December have been exemplary, leading many to express regret that a solution can’t be found.

Benitez expressed sympathy for Hayden after his transfer requests but re-stated that he would have to remain at Newcastle as the club struggled to sign a replacement and after the player returned to the team and to form, he hopes there could be a resolution.

Asked if Hayden could be persuaded to stay, Benitez said: “Maybe. We have to wait. If he’s doing well and happy, you never know. The main thing for anyone in your job is to do well. If he’s playing and doing well, he’s enjoying (it), he said.

“Hayden, when he wanted to go, he was not happy. After, when he started playing games, playing well, so you can see his face every day - he’s enjoying himself.

“At the beginning (of the season) it was not easy. We can have conversations about anything (at the end of the season) but you can see that he's enjoying (playing). It’s something that he will analyse at the end (of the season).”

It says much about Hayden’s performances since the turn of the year that he is now the first name under consideration among a midfield pack that includes Jonjo Shelvey, who returned with a fine cameo against Everton, Benitez favourite Mo Diame and Ki. Sean Longstaff, who had also been in fine form, is out for several weeks.

The United manager is not surprised at Hayden’s improvement and feels he can go further, with an England call-up a realistic prospect.

“I think he can play even better. I was thinking he could do well, progress and be in the national team. He has the potential to play for England. He just needs to settle down and understand the game in another way. It’s a question of time.

“With his background coming from Arsenal, and the quality he had technically, he needed to understand his position. Sometimes, because he has this energy, he’s running to spaces he could avoid and maybe he could be in a better position. If he can improve that, he can be a much better player.”

Hayden certainly has the mentality to impress Newcastle supporters. It was picked up last Saturday that the United midfielder pulled his teammates away from celebrating with the crowd after the equaliser against Everton to encourage them to keep pushing for a winner.

It typifies the player’s determination to win and honesty and impressed Benitez. He said: “I think this group of players is giving everything, and he's someone, when he goes on the pitch, can make mistakes like anyone, but he’s giving everything. He has the right mentality.”

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/isaac-hayden-tells-newcastle-united-16091100

Isaac Hayden tells Newcastle United he has to leave at the end of the season

The midfielder has been excellent this term but family must come first for the ex-Arsenal player

By Lee Ryder Chief Sports Writer

12:00, 7 APR 2019

Isaac Hayden has made it clear he wants to quit Newcastle United at the end of the season.

The player handed in a transfer request back in July but this was blocked by United, who allowed the player more flexibility to travel back to London before and after games

In an interview with the club's programme before the Crystal Palace game, Hayden spoke about the gruelling trips he had been making while commuting from London to Tyneside to play for the Magpies.

Speaking about his daughter Adriana, Hayden said: "She's a one-year-old who's used to doing five-hour journeys.

"Most one-year-olds would be kicking and screaming not happy at all.

"But she's used to doing it.

"I'm sitting here looking at her thinking this isn't fair on you anymore."

Speaking about his future, Hayden then said: "I think I've made it very clear to the club's hierarchy and the fans.

"I've got my side of the story out - I've made it pretty clear how things go.

"I don't think there'll be many questions.

"I don't think summer's going to be an issue.

"It's pretty well documented how I feel.

"But it won't change my mentality.

"When I wasn't playing, when I got sent off, when I was playing, when I was in the stands, it didn't change my mentality of training hard and doing the correct things and it never will.

"That won't change, even if I didn't play another game or kick another ball for Newcastle.

"That's just how I am."

Will probably fetch a decent fee for him on the back of his performances second half of the season even if it is known he wants to leave.

Will need to be replaced though..... :lol: