The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Sacking Sarri is mad like, although I’m sure he’ll be happy to get out if they have the transfer ban anyway. Manager who has a definite style which takes time to perfect, thrown in a few weeks before the season started and they finish third behind two of the best teams ever, lose a league cup final on pens and in a European Final

Guest neesy111

Sacking Sarri is mad like, although I’m sure he’ll be happy to get out if they have the transfer ban anyway. Manager who has a definite style which takes time to perfect, thrown in a few weeks before the season started and they finish third behind two of the best teams ever, lose a league cup final on pens and in a European Final

:thup:

Never mind all the off the pitch shite he's had to deal with.

Guardiola and Klopp took a while to get their ideas across and now their clubs are benefiting from showing patience and backing their managers.

Guest neesy111

I think Sarri has some serious limits and flaws to his methods but he certainly deserves a second season.

So they're selling Hazard, are banned from transfers and about to replace Sarri with a lesser manager who won't want such restrictions?

There's a great chance for Leicester or Wolves to sneak a top 6 spot. Imagine having such ambition :(

They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Well they aren't going to win a title till Pep/Klopp are gone anyway. I don't see why Sarri definitely won't win a title there anyway compared to others. People go on about him not winning stuff like he's been managing Inter, Juve and Milan for the last 20 years. He had one chance at Napoli where he was already massively overachieving by budget and he was responsible for basically the only year where Juve were actually put under pressure to win the league

Sarri is also Italian :lol:

Guest neesy111

Klopp has 2 league titles ffs.  Some shite gets spoken on this forum (not aimed at you Wullie).

Guardiola and Klopp took a while to get their ideas across and now their clubs are benefiting from showing patience and backing their managers.

Do you two really think he can be a longterm success at Chelsea in terms of turning them into Title and Champions League challengers? :lol:

I think he’ll only ever be successful if he goes back to Italy everytime I hear him speak with the English press he’s a disaster.

Came with a massive reputation as a coach and manager but has disappointed in both regards.

He should go back to Italy and try win his first ever trophy becuase I can’t see him ever having the success as the likes of Guardiola and Rafa Benitez have had here and Klopp will have.

Do you really think he can be a longterm success at Chelsea in terms of turning them into Title and Champions League challengers? :lol:

I think he’ll only ever be successful if he goes back to Italy everytime I hear him speak with the English press he’s a disaster.

Came with a massive reputation as a coach and manager but has disappointed in both regards.

He should go back to Italy and try win his first ever trophy becuase I can’t see him ever having the success as the likes of Guardiola and Rafa Benitez have had here and Klopp will have.

You should write for The Sun with that kind of logic.

How has he disappointed? He was appointed about two weeks before the season started and finished third getting to two cup finals. I bet you thought Guardiola was a fraud after his first season as well. You're an idiot

Do you really think he can be a longterm success at Chelsea in terms of turning them into Title and Champions League challengers? :lol:

How has he disappointed? He was appointed about two weeks before the season started and finished third getting to two cup finals. I bet you thought Guardiola was a fraud after his first season as well. You're an idiot

So do you think he could get Chelsea challenging either the Title or the Champions League like Guardiola and Klopp has done if given a few years? :iamatwat:

And I didn’t mean his language skills I meant the stuff he says in the press about his players.

He just seems a coach to me his managerial skills are terrible.

Even his coaching skills haven’t even been impressive “SARRI BALL” :spit:

So do you think he could get Chelsea challenging either the Title or the Champions League like Guardiola and Klopp has done if given a few years? :iamatwat:

And I didn’t mean his language skills I meant the stuff he says in the press about his players.

I don’t know if he could. I don’t think anyone will get Chelsea to be title challengers in the next few years. They’re losing their best player and have a transfer ban. Did you think Guardiola was going to become this dominant after his first season which was probably worse than Sarri’s season this year? Klopp likewise

How are his managerial skills terrible? Can’t be that bad if he finished third and got to two cup finals as well as his previous success at Napoli

I don’t know if he could. I don’t think anyone will get Chelsea to be title challengers in the next few years. They’re losing their best player and have a transfer ban. Did you think Guardiola was going to become this dominant after his first season which was probably worse than Sarri’s season this year? Klopp likewise

How are his managerial skills terrible? Can’t be that bad if he finished third and got to two cup finals as well as his previous success at Napoli

Guardiola yes and Klopp yes :thup:

I actually thought Guardiola would do better than he did in his first season but knew he wouldn’t fail longterm especially with the Man City money.

I think Klopp will go onto win a few Premier League titles and at least a Champions League as he has transitioned Liverpool into being the most balanced of the top sides in Europe.

Klopp will probably go onto be the most successful in the next 6/7 years mainly because he will out stay Guardiola and I think he will outperform Pochettino in trophies.

Thought Klopp didn't have a winner's mentality. Or is it Pochettino? I can't keep up. Suppose we'll find out on June 1st cos they can't both have one.

Well quite.

We will :snod:

Pochettino has lost like 17 times this season with a lineup that cost on average £300million.

“Miracle” worker though :rolleyes:

Chelsea have been bloody awful to watch this season IMO, a proper one man team that without Hazard would have struggled IMO. How much of that is on Sarri is very much up for debate though tbf as Chelsea seems to be rotten to the core in regards of top level management. If Hazard leaves this summer, and the transfer ban stays, I can't see how they finish anywhere near the top 4, let alone being in a title race, no matter who manages them.

Chelsea have been bloody awful to watch this season IMO, a proper one man team that without Hazard would have struggled IMO. How much of that is on Sarri is very much up for debate though tbf as Chelsea seems to be rotten to the core in regards of top level management. If Hazard leaves this summer, and the transfer ban stays, I can't see how they finish anywhere near the top 4, let alone being in a title race, no matter who manages them.

Spot on :thup:

5th at best and for them next season if Hazard leaves and Sarri stays probably send him back to Italy halfway into the season.

Shame there isn’t a good enough upcoming side outside the Big 6 to knock Chelsea and Man Utd out of it becuase these next 2 years would probably be the best opportunity of it.

Wolves will drop like a stone in the league with Europa League and West Ham and Everton will still not be anywhere near even after spending another £100million :laugh:

Put Rafa Benitez in charge of West Ham or Everton with £100million to spend and he would break that Big 6 with a cigar in his mouth.

They'll never win the title with Sarri. They want someone with a winner's mentality. Allegri would do well there. Italians do well there.

Well they aren't going to win a title till Pep/Klopp are gone anyway. I don't see why Sarri definitely won't win a title there anyway compared to others. People go on about him not winning stuff like he's been managing Inter, Juve and Milan for the last 20 years. He had one chance at Napoli where he was already massively overachieving by budget and he was responsible for basically the only year where Juve were actually put under pressure to win the league

Sarri is also Italian :lol:

there's almost certainly a reason for this no?  given the turnover of managers at italian clubs wonder why he was never given a decent shot at anything until napoli

Can’t see anyone succeeding at Chelsea atm. Poisoned chalice.

If third, Europa League final, and League Cup final is failing, then yeah, it's going to be hard to succeed.

fwiw, past history suggests the top two won't get 97+ points next year. I doubt that will prove to be a new normal. I doubt Liverpool will match 97 points and City could struggle to hit that level too. Replace current-form Aguero (coming up to 31) with current-form Jesus, who's still excellent but isn't the same focal point, and that's down to 90 points. 90 points is still way off for current Chelsea and the others, but is a more realistic goal than record-chasing territory.