Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

what the fuck has happened to us man, i never agree with geordiedean like but he's bang on with this - this is the sunderland road to ruin....loaning better players who you then don't sign, buy the shit and squad fillers that never improve you and no one else wants

we're dead

what the fuck has happened to us man, i never agree with geordiedean like but he's bang on with this - this is the sunderland road to ruin....loaning better players who you then don't sign, buy the shit and squad fillers that never improve you and no one else wants

we're dead

People can't see it though and this is what fucked Sunderland. They loaned players that they knew wouldn't sign permanently or had no intention to. They then were behind the 8 ball at the start of the next season as straight away they needed to replace these players before anything else was done just to stand still

It eventually catches up with you and disaster strikes we are then left with a squad full of shit that no one wants

Signing players from relegated clubs is also a recipe for disaster

This clubs transfer policy is the absolute worst in this division by a mile the club is fucked while Ashley is owner and I wholly believe we don't belong in this league while he's here we certainly don't even attempt to compete

I'm absolutely certain that they just pull names out of a hat for players because I'm certain that if Rafa could get who he wants the vast majority of our squad would be binned off

we're dead

People can't see it though and this is what fucked Sunderland. They loaned players that they knew wouldn't sign permanently or had no intention to. They then were behind the 8 ball at the start of the next season as straight away they needed to replace these players before anything else was done just to stand still

It eventually catches up with you and disaster strikes we are then left with a squad full of shit that no one wants

This clubs transfer policy is the absolute worst in this division by a mile the club is fucked while Ashley is owner and I wholly believe we don't belong in this league while he's here we certainly don't even attempt to compete

I'm absolutely certain that they just pull names out of a hat for players because I'm certain that if Rafa could get who he wants the vast majority of our squad would be binned off

Well, people can see it.

we're dead

Well, people can see it.

Not you're blinkered blind faith ones

Always thought he was canny without being great. Could work alongside Lascelles.

Agreed. I always thought Mawson got all the praise because he never got yellows but I felt Fernandez was the calming influence. Even with Ashley Williams IIRC.

Standalone its fine, and in fact a bargain considering what a proven PL CB costs these days but what others are outlining about what happened to Sunderland does have a point.

Worried about the attack. Hopefully Ayoze's push at the end of the season was finally a breakthrough cause we are paper thin at that position which is a key position in Rafa's setup. Rafa is the only thing that gives me optimism for the season.

Surely the only reason there's "good" news on Fernandez is because Marlon Santos isn't coming.

Anyway, I'd prefer Federico. He's been in England 4 seasons, has worked with Rafa before and would at least be our player.