Fabian Schär

Aye but his piss poor defending against West Ham for the goal cancels out that goal and the rest of his other excellent performances this season. He's now awful. Send him packing with Almiron.

Guest firetotheworks

I hope you all factor in the money going directly into Mike Ashley's pocket when wondering how much 'we'd' get for him.

Nothing wrong with Fernandez coming in for him but I would be slightly tempted to pull Hayden back into the CB role and give Ki and Shelvey a go in midfield, as Hayden seems in such good form whereas Fernandez hasn't had much game time.

Nothing wrong with Fernandez coming in for him but I would be slightly tempted to pull Hayden back into the CB role and give Ki and Shelvey a go in midfield, as Hayden seems in such good form whereas Fernandez hasn't had much game time.

Not a bad shout actually.

I still say one of Hayden's best performances for us was that Man City game where he was constantly swapping between CB and CM. Looked absolutely seamless when he did it and made us a bit less predictable.

• 2 weeks later...

The way football deals with head injuries is ridiculous tbf. Mental that they're adamant on keeping/making the game modern with all different rules and types of technology yet players can play on after being knocked out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47684741

'My skull is still humming' - Newcastle's Schar receives emergency first aid from opponent

A Switzerland football player knocked out in an aerial clash in a Euro 2020 qualifier received emergency help from a member of rival team Georgia.

Fabian Schaer's head collided with the skull of Georgia's Jemal Tabidze as both went for the ball in the 24th minute of the match in Tbilisi.

Schaer lay unconscious on the ground, his tongue stuck down his throat.

Georgian player Jano Ananidze rushed to his aid, inserting his hand in Schaer's mouth to free the player's tongue.

Schaer recovered quickly after further treatment from Swiss first-aiders, Swiss daily Blick reports, and was able to continue playing, helping set up Switzerland's second-half goals for their 2:0 victory.

"It looks awful. I can't remember anything," the Newcastle player told the paper after being shown video footage. "I was out for a few seconds. My skull is still humming. And I've got neck ache and a bruise on my forehead. But it was worth it."