Michael Owen

KaKa

I know many will not want to hear this, but having donned my suit of armour I will now say it anyway......

Michael Owen I'm afraid what goes around comes around.

You were clearly saving yourself for England at the tail end of the season when we could have used your help to get into Europe, but you pretty much had your agenda and unfortunately the club accomodated you on this.

You then show up for training with England supposedly at the fittest Sven has ever seen you before! and you are banging in the goals in training left, right and centre. At this point you are probably thinking to yourself you have got it made and your plan has come together perfectly for you (you are even seen on sky sports proclaiming to have been feeling fit for a good while!)

So lo and behold the tournament starts, but you hit a rough patch and you are in the worst form ever. Your touch, compsure and finishing have evaded you and Crouch (yes the unbelievably ineffective Peter Crouch) is getting more credit than you. At this point you probably begin to wonder if it was such a good idea delaying your comeback for Newcastle, which would have most likely gotten you some match fitness prior to the tournament, but now it is too late!

You get subbed in the first two games and everyone, you included, say it is all down to the tactics and you refuse to take any responsibility for your below par play. The return of Rooney is supposed to be your saving grace as he will finally allow you to play in the way that you are ideally suited to.

So the game for Sweden finally arrives and you are probably thinking to yoruself that you will finally show everyone that you still have it, as you know with Rooney in the side, even if you are half fit you will inevitably have more chances to score.

The game finally starts and two minutes in with absolutely no one around you, you pass the ball off and land so awkwardly that you cannot continue the game and there are doubts about how soon you can return tot he team.

Yes Michael I hate to say it.....but Karma is a biatch!!!

Guest Verlaine

I've lost my faith in karma since certain posters on this board have yet to be struck with leprosy, thereby depriving them of the ability to type or use a mouse.

What a load of toss.  Jesus Christ.  Such an inconsiderate soul for wanting to play for his country.  We knew when we signed him, he was coming for the World Cup and a steady amount of games.  It's our fault, as much as anyone's.  He's not the only striker in the world, but we choose to spend £16m on him.  We forced the deal through on these promises.  Time to realise this.

Guest TheOrder

Boring.

Very boring.

I'm glad most of the lads here don't go to the match, it would be a very dire place to be, if that were the case.

I've got my armour on so you lot can't harm me!

I'm just saying what I feel love me or hate me baby.

By the way he can want to play for his country all he wants, just don't take the mickey with the club because of it.

I've got my armour on so you lot can't harm me!

I'm just saying what I feel love me or hate me baby.

By the way he can want to play for his country all he wants, just don't take the mickey with the club because of it.

There are things I wish to say to you but can't as I'll be banned.

Either way this is the worst thread ever.

I know many will not want to hear this, but having donned my suit of armour I will now say it anyway......

Michael Owen I'm afraid what goes around comes around.

You were clearly saving yourself for England at the tail end of the season when we could have used your help to get into Europe, but you pretty much had your agenda and unfortunately the club accomodated you on this.

You then show up for training with England supposedly at the fittest Sven has ever seen you before! and you are banging in the goals in training left, right and centre. At this point you are probably thinking to yourself you have got it made and your plan has come together perfectly for you (you are even seen on sky sports proclaiming to have been feeling fit for a good while!)

So lo and behold the tournament starts, but you hit a rough patch and you are in the worst form ever. Your touch, compsure and finishing have evaded you and Crouch (yes the unbelievably ineffective Peter Crouch) is getting more credit than you. At this point you probably begin to wonder if it was such a good idea delaying your comeback for Newcastle, which would have most likely gotten you some match fitness prior to the tournament, but now it is too late!

You get subbed in the first two games and everyone, you included, say it is all down to the tactics and you refuse to take any responsibility for your below par play. The return of Rooney is supposed to be your saving grace as he will finally allow you to play in the way that you are ideally suited to.

So the game for Sweden finally arrives and you are probably thinking to yoruself that you will finally show everyone that you still have it, as you know with Rooney in the side, even if you are half fit you will inevitably have more chances to score.

The game finally starts and two minutes in with absolutely no one around you, you pass the ball off and land so awkwardly that you cannot continue the game and there are doubts about how soon you can return tot he team.

Yes Michael I hate to say it.....but Karma is a biatch!!!

Well I didn't think the forum could reach an all time low but not only have you stepped over the line, you've jumped over it about 8 feet.

saving himself for england? I don't know if you've realised but last time I checked, Glenn Roeder picks the team not Michael Owen. He thought it best to leave Michael Owen out not Michael Owen.

showing up fit in training? that's because it was 2-3 weeks after the Premiership had finished and he had had time to get fit. Also he was fit for us in training as well it just wasn't as publicised, he just didn't train as a precaution

no responsibility? he accepted that he wasn't playing at his best but he was hardly playing bad. he had nothing to take responsibility for and nothing to apologise for, the team weren't creating him chances. the change was tactical. we were playing the long ball and it doesn't suit him, we were under pressure and so needed to pack the midfield.

ffs I don't know what some newcastle fans think Owen is but he is a decent bloke and he wouldn't use the club. he isn't some evil little man who takes money from us then goes home and sits in his layer laughing it up.

The broken foot wasn't his fault, the knee injury wasn't his fault, him becoming fit for england but not newcastle isn't his fault, it's what happens when you come back from injury, you gradually build fitness.

Lay off the bloke ffs. 7 goals in 10 games yet everyone hurls criticism at him. he is the best striker England have and one of the best in the world, I for one would hate to see him leave and I hate anything bad happening to him on the pitch.

How can this be his fault, no player likes to get injured it's just ridiculous to say that! we all new what we getting when we bought him to the club so I don't have any complaints I think when he gets over these injuries he will be a fantastic asset to our club, then I'll hear all these moaners will be saying what a great player he is for us, when he starts banging in the goals. As the old saying goes, patience is a virtue, so lets all wait and see if the injury is bad or not then and only then can you start thinking about our chances for the next season. Plus I'm sure we will be getting 2 new strikers now!, so Newcastle United will not be revolving around Micheal Owen as it should be.

Look  you guys are entitled to your opinion and you've all come on here and expressed your sadness for Owen.

Well I don't share your feelings and so I expressed mine. I am not sold on his committment to the club at all and he was clearly playing it safe to make sure he was fit for England as that was his first priority. The main reason he left Madrid was to supposedly get enough games leading up to the World Cup. He has been obsessing over this for over a year now, which is fair enough but he also had a responsibility to his club and for me he didn't fulfil it period.

Maybe you feel he did, but I don't. Simple as that really.

Let's wait and see how things develop from here on out.

he also had a responsibility to his club and for me he didn't fulfil it

what more could he have done though? retire from international football? burn an england shirt in public? marry St James Park? wear nothing but a Newcastle shirt every single day? play with a broken foot? play while unfit? pull out of the World Cup?

Guest TheOrder

Look  you guys are entitled to your opinion and you've all come on here and expressed your sadness for Owen.

Well I don't share your feelings and so I expressed mine. I am not sold on his committment to the club at all and he was clearly playing it safe to make sure he was fit for England as that was his first priority. The main reason he left Madrid was to supposedly get enough games leading up to the World Cup. He has been obsessing over this for over a year now, which is fair enough but he also had a responsibility to his club and for me he didn't fulfil it period.

Maybe you feel he did, but I don't. Simple as that really.

Let's wait and see how things develop from here on out.

I've asked this of a few people on here, who do you really support, and is Newcastle a second team, like LivingLegend?

For all of you people who are critisizing me over my feelings about Owen, half of you lot are all hypocrites!

Because you have all written of Luque for absolutely nothing and decided he was crap once he didn't score a hat trick in his first game after his return from injury.

So please don't come on here preaching to me about what a bad supporter I am okay!

Guest TheOrder

For all of you people who are critisizing me over my feelings about Owen, half of you lot are all hypocrites!

Because you have all written of Luque for absolutely nothing and decided he was crap once he didn't score a hat trick in his first game after his return from injury.

So please don't come on here preaching to me about what a bad supporter I am okay!

Answer the question, is Newcastle YOUR club?

to be fair Michael Owen has scored more than Luque for Newcastle

I do believe several people own the club with various shares being distributed ;)

Shola has scored more than Owen so what's your point?

Shola has scored more than Owen so what's your point?

Shola's played more than Owen so what's your point?

I do believe several people own the club with various shares being distributed ;)

:lol:

interesting comment on the US commentary - said it looks like the type of injury you get when you havent been playing regularly. he was ready to play for us and didn't, now his own hyper-caution has done him in. no further comment