Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Being poor does not equal not trying.

Footballers try their best 99.99999% of the time. Don't understand how people accept so quickly that somebody who had to work so hard to become so good at what they do aren't trying in a game. They can be unfit or mentally not in the right place but when they are on the pitch the vast, vast majority of players go into every single competitive game of their career trying to do their best

As I've said all along he's stealing a living as a Premier League footballer.

He cost £5M, is anybody really surprised he can't cut it at this level?

Exactly - he was brought in to do do one job, and that was provide pace on the counter in the Championship. No wonder he shits his pants coming on at Old Trafford. As Dave said, he's been completely poo since signing permanently.

He cost £6.75m which makes him more expensive than the likes of Dubravka and Lascelles for example.

Guest neesy111

He cost £6.75m which makes him more expensive than the likes of Dubravka and Lascelles for example.

Calm down Mike.  Just because we got a good deal with 1/2 players doesn't excuse the rest fact that 6.75m buys you fuck all.

Calm down Mike.  Just because we got a good deal with 1/2 players doesn't excuse the rest fact that 6.75m buys you fuck all.

Don't be such a wanker eh? I've said all along he's no good but you can't just say he's no good because he only cost x amount when we have some very good players that cost less than him.

If you can't understand that you're thicker than  I first gave you credit for.

You're the biggest wanker on the forum so fuck off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All I'm saying is that you can't automatically just say he's going to be shite when the likes of Dubravka, Lascelles, Yedlin and Fernandez cost less than him and are all good or reasonable standard PL players.

Obviously you don't have the intelligence to grasp that, and that's fair enough. Enjoy your day.

All I'm saying is that you can't automatically just say he's going to be shite when the likes of Dubravka, Lascelles, Yedlin and Fernandez cost less than him and are all good or reasonable standard PL players.

Obviously you don't have the intelligence to grasp that, and that's fair enough. Enjoy your day.

your point is pretty shit though, because players like dubs & lascelles are the absolute exception at this level so they're the anomaly, not atsu

Fair point, but given what players go for nowadays, you're doing very well to get a PL standard player for that sort of outlay. It's Championship money.

Fair point, but given what players go for nowadays, you're doing very well to get a PL standard player for that sort of outlay. It's Championship money.

it's barely even that these days :lol:

your point is pretty shit though, because players like dubs & lascelles are the absolute exception at this level so they're the anomaly, not atsu

I've just named 4 players who cost less than him in our starting XI who can hold their own in this league. Yes the more you spend the better quality you can bring in but you can't just say, well he was always going to be hopeless because he only cost X amount. It's not that simplistic.

Agree and if you're shopping at that end of the market more often than not they won't be good enough for this level but I think it's giving the player a get out clause for being hopeless, not to mention his lack of any sort of application when he plays, when some of his team mates cost less than him and are doing reasonably well.

I've just named 4 players who cost less than him in our starting XI who can hold their own in this league. Yes the more you spend the better quality you can bring in but you can't just say, well he was always going to be hopeless because he only cost X amount. It's not that simplistic.

i'm absolutely baffled at the point you're trying to make tbh

signings of this value will be gambles, some will work some won't...atsu was decent in the champo and we signed him gambling he'd hold his own in the prem and he can't except in the odd flash here and there

we paid champo money and got a champo player, that's the start and end of it

signings of this value will be gambles, some will work some won't...atsu was decent in the champo and we signed him gambling he'd hold his own in the prem and he can't except in the odd flash here and there

The point is pretty straightforward. Just because you pay £6.75m for a player doesn't excuse the fact that he's totally useless, doesn't seem to apply himself in games, runs down blind alleys and just passes the ball anywhere, whether there's a team mate in the general direction or not.

Saying well what did you expect for what we paid for him doesn't really wash when over half our side (who put in a very decent performance for an hour yesterday) cost less than him.

The point is pretty straightforward. Just because you pay £6.75m for a player doesn't excuse the fact that he's totally useless, doesn't seem to apply himself in games, runs down blind alleys and just passes the ball anywhere, whether there's a team mate in the general direction or not.

Saying well what did you expect for what we paid for him doesn't really wash when over half our side (who put in a very decent performance for an hour yesterday) cost less than him.

yeah gambles, we all get it

When he broke in the second half and failed to pass it seven yards to Shelvey. You could see exactly what was going to happen before it did.  Tragically bad. I can't believe Aaron's or Roberts didn't deserve a chance ahead of this guy

It looked terrible but, and I've only seen it once, it looked to me as if Shelvey changes his run just as Atsu played the ball. It looked to me like Shelvey was charging into the space in front (where Atsu played it) but then switched.

At least Manquillo has some sort of brain.

Debatable imo but ultimately pointless, such is our squad, it really is not fit for purpose.