Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Not seen that, was this a survey across their 8000+ members? If so, it makes a mockery of the whole shebang if they're just gonna ignore it, like the True Faith lads shamelessly have.

Here we are: https://nufctrust.co.uk/2019/08/05/nufc-trust-membership-survey-results/

Only 686 out of 4806 are against the idea of a total boycott.

The only way they're acting on it is to 'hopefully discuss the results with the club'.

Glad I saved that quid, like. :laugh:

Thinking of joining these.

What bang do I get for my buck?

Can anyone give me pros and cons in a short version please.

Pros: It's a quid. Regular updates about what they're doing. Greg's on the board.

Cons: It's led by the TrueFaith knackers that have self-promotion on their minds.

Cons: Aspires to work WITH the club to improve the experience of the match going fans.

That's all you need to know to save a pound. Useless trust until they grow a pair and go to war against the club instead of trying to work with it.

Not seen that, was this a survey across their 8000+ members? If so, it makes a mockery of the whole shebang if they're just gonna ignore it, like the True Faith lads shamelessly have.

Here we are: https://nufctrust.co.uk/2019/08/05/nufc-trust-membership-survey-results/

The only way they're acting on it is to 'hopefully discuss the results with the club'.

People clearly don't read their emails, or listen to what's being said. Which is clearly a problem so need to improve that.

People with agenda love kicking people for trying to do something mind. Of the NUST board I think over half boycotted Arsenal, would have to double check the exact figure but certainly close to 50/50.

NUST is not a protest group, it doesn't need to tell someone to boycott. You've got loads of other groups already doing that.

We are working on a much bigger, long term plan in terms of trying to do something meaningful on fan / supporter ownership but it has to be spot on before we can launch. Talking a lot at the moment with other clubs that have achieved this but also working on other aspects of the plan with lawyers etc. If it's harlf arsed and not done properly it will definately fail so need to get it right and that takes some time.

Other things we've done - currently trying to block the Strawberry Place development, have met with the developers and are working with lawyers we've engaged on strategies to stop this. Lots of other stuff going on as well.

People very quick to put the boot in and make judegemental statements above without really knowing what's going on. Obviously communication needs to improve as people seem to just hang on to the odd word or statement here or there.

As for the survey, we were clear on what it was for at the outset - and it's not just to talk to the club about it but many people are too blinkered to see the bigger picture, the survey is very useful and backed up by a strong member base which makes out voice stronger whoever we talk to, be it the club, Premier League,the FA etc.

Do you want it to just become another TMG, or do the same as AO? There's no point in that because those already exist. Trying to do things a little differently and to be ina position where we have the means and backers to go out and do something significant. This all takes time. Too easy to be just a shouting shop but hey that jusy appeases the angries on twitter.

Elections to the board later this year.

Guest Howaythetoon

People clearly don't read their emails, or listen to what's being said. Which is clearly a problem so need to improve that.

People with agenda love kicking people for trying to do something mind. Of the NUST board I think over half boycotted Arsenal, would have to double check the exact figure but certainly close to 50/50.

NUST is not a protest group, it doesn't need to tell someone to boycott. You've got loads of other groups already doing that.

We are working on a much bigger, long term plan in terms of trying to do something meaningful on fan / supporter ownership but it has to be spot on before we can launch. Talking a lot at the moment with other clubs that have achieved this but also working on other aspects of the plan with lawyers etc. If it's harlf arsed and not done properly it will definately fail so need to get it right and that takes some time.

Other things we've done - currently trying to block the Strawberry Place development, have met with the developers and are working with lawyers we've engaged on strategies to stop this. Lots of other stuff going on as well.

People very quick to put the boot in and make judegemental statements above without really knowing what's going on. Obviously communication needs to improve as people seem to just hang on to the odd word or statement here or there.

As for the survey, we were clear on what it was for at the outset - and it's not just to talk to the club about it but many people are too blinkered to see the bigger picture, the survey is very useful and backed up by a strong member base which makes out voice stronger whoever we talk to, be it the club, Premier League,the FA etc.

Do you want it to just become another TMG, or do the same as AO? There's no point in that because those already exist. Trying to do things a little differently and to be ina position where we have the means and backers to go out and do something significant. This all takes time. Too easy to be just a shouting shop but hey that jusy appeases the angries on twitter.

Nice explanation Greg  :thup:

Why can't you do that while at the same time working against the club instead of trying to work with it?

Edit: Meaning that working with it actively works against your higher aspirations.

Fair enough. Just a bit fucked off with True Faith tbh which I tend to associate with the Trust.

I know what you’re saying Greg, and I’ve tried to be careful to caveat what I’m saying and add stuff like ‘fair play to anyone doing something’.

I just think, to be frank, that it’s pointless at this moment in time. Someone with your passion and abilities, and the others in the trust, would be much better off joining and driving Ashley Out or another protest group.

I also thought it was curious that the campaign for new members seemed to be driven by Rafa leaving and dissatisfaction at Ashley, when it’s the very thing that proves how pointless it is to engage with the club.

Genuinely apologise if it comes across badly. We’re living in unique times though, where NUFC is a pointless entity unless Ashley sells it.

Also I’m just crushed and depressed about everything right now, so there is that.

Why can't you do that while at the same time working against the club instead of trying to work with it?

Edit: Meaning that working with it actively works against your higher aspirations.

If they dream of fan ownership it's probably not in their best interest to piss off the current owner.

Tbh the members email could be an awful lot more concise. I don't really care what Leicester fans are doing or what's happening at Bury. Lots of repetition between emails too, it's like a fanzine itself. If an email printed out is bigger than an A4 page it should be a web page instead.

Tbh the members email could be an awful lot more concise. I don't really care what Leicester fans are doing or what's happening at Bury. Lots of repetition between emails too, it's like a fanzine itself. If an email printed out is bigger than an A4 page it should be a web page instead.

This is really useful feedback 👍

If they dream of fan ownership it's probably not in their best interest to piss off the current owner.

If they work with the club towards keeping people going to the matches then it's less incentive for Ashley to sell.

If they have enough money (easier to get a fairer price if the club is doing worse) then Ashley would more likely sell, as long as his asking price was met.

It's a no brainer to me. All the other shit aside I can't buy into such a poor strategy.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Little Waster

I still don't understand what's supposed to have happened here.

[/Re: Mike Ashley

« Reply #14391 on: Yesterday at 11:55:21 pm »

Quote from: SweMag on Yesterday at 11:47:31 pm

Can anyone ask them on WhatsApp if it’s true?

I got a message at quarter past 9 saying that there would be breaking news tonight at 10:30. The news came from someone who got it off someone at NUST. NUST and NUFC have already agreed to release their statements and both knew about this news breaking before it did and when it would break. There is no way the club would know that the news would break if they weren’t in on it. What the fucking NUST are doing though is anyone’s guess. Apparently recently NUST has had face to face meetings with NUFC. Just what the fuck they are doing is probably the biggest question here. Looking increasingly more likely that they are far too pally with NUFC then they should be.

If they in anyway still think there is any point in having dialogue with Ashley's NUFC then they are naive at best, or they are putting their own interests ahead of the clubs.

It should be all out war against Ashley, the time for f***ing talking has long gone.

Completely agree. The only dialogue should be "are your bags packed yet?"

I'm afraid this is 100 percent fabricated by Stiffy or whoever gave him this info.

I have got messages to indicate otherwise.

He’s saying the info in the msgs you received is fabricated so not sure what your messages would prove :lol:

So much shite spouted in here