LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Middlesbrough v Newcastle 

Newcastle got a wonderful draw at Chelsea last week, while losing at home to Bolton was a major blow for Middlesbrough.

But the formation that Newcastle played last week was something like 1-10-0 and, although it worked because it got them a point at Stamford Bridge, I am not even sure whether they had a shot in anger on goal.

They will have to change that approach at Boro and before the match against Chelsea their form on the road was iffy at best - they have not won away in the league yet.

Boro's defeat last time out means it could be quite a nervy game for both sides but I think they will both get a point out of this one.

Verdict: 1-1

1-10-0...

So we played with no goalkeeper, one defender and ten midfielders? Thick t***.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

SATURDAY

Blackburn v Newcastle

Blackburn v Newcastle

Newcastle are on a bit of a bad trot and they are missing quite a few players at the moment too.

Blackburn are unbeaten so far under Big Sam, he's made a decent start and he's had some time to work with them on the training ground.

Their organisation is already better as is their shape, so I'm going for Blackburn in this one.

Verdict: 2-1

Twunt.

SATURDAY

Blackburn v Newcastle

Blackburn v Newcastle

Newcastle are on a bit of a bad trot and they are missing quite a few players at the moment too.

Blackburn are unbeaten so far under Big Sam, he's made a decent start and he's had some time to work with them on the training ground.

Their organisation is already better as is their shape, so I'm going for Blackburn in this one.

Twunt.

It pains me to say it but I can't disagree with one word of what Lawro says there.

SATURDAY

Blackburn v Newcastle

Blackburn v Newcastle

Twunt.

He's been wrong pretty much every game this season.

Lets hope he's wrong this weekend.

Cunt.

He goes for the home team by one goal nearly every time though, except if it's one of the big 4... I think it's really a computer program that does the predictions!

And he always goes for the big 4 to win 2-0.  3-0 if they're home to a shit team.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont like the bloke but all of his predictions with us this season have been very fair. Including this one.

• 2 months later...
Guest toonlass

Newcastle v Chelsea

With Alan Shearer stepping into the hot seat, it will be like plugging into the national grid at St James' Park, the 52,000 fans will lift the lid off the ground.

In the long run it will be all about the players and how Alan can get them performing. But because of the emotion, the occasion and the importance, I think Newcastle will manage a draw.

Verdict: 1-1

• 1 month later...
Guest toonlass

Newcastle v Fulham

I fancy Newcastle to win. I don't think that as a result of the win against Boro, but because they've started to improve as a unit - there's a hunger about them and willingness to chase lost causes. They've also begun to look a little bit better defensively. I know Fulham are chasing the Europa League but I think they'll come up short here.

Aston Villa v Newcastle

I know Newcastle are reliant on other results anyway but I just don't see them getting anything at Villa and staying up. Sorry Alan!

Being relegated would not be the end of the world because it would give them a chance to reorganise things at the club, and let's face it that needs to happen.

You can't go through so many managers in a season because the players don't know what is going on and I just think their buying policy has not been good enough. Relegation will give them a chance to clear the dead wood at the club.

Villa have had a stuttering three months, but overall it's been a good season for Martin O'Neill and they can still finish in fifth place and catch Everton.

Verdict: 2-0

Looks like were down  :rolleyes:

Guest Mantis

2-0 theres a surprise.  It is his favourite scoreline each week when he continues to get things wrong.

Guest Stephen927

Not much of a surprise. He was asked the other week before the Boro game whether he thought we would go down and him and Hansen both dodged the question a little bit out of respect for Shearer.

Guest firetotheworks

Like I said earlier, his predictions this season with us have always been really well reasoned, again with this one.

Like I said earlier, his predictions this season with us have always been really well reasoned, again with this one.

The ones I've seen have been pretty shit reasoning and they've all ended up wrong as well.  We were going to beat Fulham because we'd started to look much better as a unit and better defensively.. which was nonesense.  Now he can't see us getting anything against Villa because, here's the great reasoning, they've had a good season.. before being shit for the last 15-20 matches.  Not to mention the likes of the Boro prediction, or Chelsea.