Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Saivet, Sterry, Lazaar, Aarons... is Matty Longstaff a senior? If not... surely... SURELY...

Doesn’t need to be included in the 25 as he’s under 21.think he’ll be part of Bruce’s Squad and used in cup games etc.

So they could be told you're not in the 25 but then can't get a move to another equivalent club within the same country? 

That not come under restriction of trade or some bollocks?

Exactly why Championship clubs should have been allowed at least a couple of weeks to get loans in from the premiership.Every Premier team will have a host of players not in their 25, now looking for work and only able to go to Div 1 and 2,Scotland or the continent.

The PL window closing when it does makes no sense at all

I'm of the opinion they should just scrap the windows all together and go back to the old system of buying people whenever. Stops all the panic buying and overspending.

You stop panic buying and overspending by some clubs by removing the windows, but not the ones that end up fighting relegation or pushing for EL/CL or even the title. You just shift the timing of the panic and overspending.

So they could be told you're not in the 25 but then can't get a move to another equivalent club within the same country? 

That not come under restriction of trade or some bollocks?

There's still League One and Two, Scotland and most of Europe open. Plenty of options.

You stop panic buying and overspending by some clubs by removing the windows, but not the ones that end up fighting relegation or pushing for EL/CL or even the title. You just shift the timing of the panic and overspending.

Aye, you'd just get Liverpool spending £200m on a striker the week before the last game of the season to try and outscore City.

Single worst summer I've had as a Newcastle fan.

Totally agree. I've supported them for 32 years. Couldn't be more disenfranchised with the club, the majority of fans or the ownership than I am right now.

This is where I'm at.

Lots of people with short memories. Just feels like every summer from 2009 - 2016 - couple of decent signings, nowhere near what we need, poor manager, owner that doesn't care. Rinse and repeat.

Tbh like every summer since 2016 too, we just had a good manager then.

No transfer windows would be horrific. Constantly in danger of losing your players, no time to really settle. Nah, thank god for windows.

Yep, leave as it is (but push back to August 31st in line with the rest of Europe).

I can understand why it is the start of the season so you can prepare the squad you have and know you won't lose any players 2 weeks into the season, but it is totally pointless if everyone else stays at 31 August.

Just remove transfers/transfer fees altogether and have players issue notice on their employers like in any other business

Yep, that’ll encourage smaller clubs to develop players and won’t put 90% of them out of business at all.

I'm of the opinion they should just scrap the windows all together and go back to the old system of buying people whenever. Stops all the panic buying and overspending.

Fucking hell. Imagine constant, year round transfer speculation all over the media.

Can't think of anything worse.

No transfer windows would be horrific. Constantly in danger of losing your players, no time to really settle. Nah, thank god for windows.

Yep, leave as it is (but push back to August 31st in line with the rest of Europe).

I can understand why it is the start of the season so you can prepare the squad you have and know you won't lose any players 2 weeks into the season, but it is totally pointless if everyone else stays at 31 August.

Not all leagues start as early as ours so don’t see why they should change either. Also handicaps us with the likes of Lazaar & Saivet and puts us over a barrel. We’re getting together 25 senior players for our deadline, with no intention of using those two.

Clubs who have another couple of weeks and in less rush will see they aren’t registered and can offer less than their value or a lower wage contribution, etc due to the alternative being we’re paying a full wage for nothing basically.

f***ing hell. Imagine constant, year round transfer speculation all over the media.

Can't think of anything worse.

They need to introduce a manager/coach window imo, preferably for the entire season.

• 2 months later...