Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Refereeing over the last 5 years seems to have really deteriated. Think top level officiating g these days is at the same standard 2nd tier officiating was 10 years ago

The vast majority of them are the same referee’s. They are near or past the age of 40. They have had decades of being told that they are the best, even rules brought in so the media and club officials can’t question them. They have been able to hide behind the fact that the majority of the time MOTD would have not shown the errors they made and no one had the stats on their performances on hand.

Now games are broadcast world Lexie in HD or better. UK viewers can stream those games, watch more than before on love TV, and have access to more highlights and can calculate the stats themselves. Social media has made it so decisions and incidents go viral.

The referee’s have probably got more less physically capable of keeping up with the game and arrogant by being able to hide from it, in general though they are the same level of shit, but we can just see it more.

Unless you were a Man Utd fan then every fan has been saying the same, thing is Man Utd boas turned into top 4 bias then top 6 bias. The rest of have to deal with total incompetence. No one listened to the fans when they said the refereeing in this country was bad, no one is listening now.

Guest neesy111

Apart from pen didn't see much wrong with deans performance tbh.  That wouldn't be overturned btw with VAR.

Would people who watch other leagues regularly care to weigh in on how the pl compares to continental refs in terms of quality? Feel like I've regularly read things along the lines of "yeah our refs are crap but you should see what they put up with in la liga/serie a/ligue un/etc."

Would people who watch other leagues regularly care to weigh in on how the pl compares to continental refs in terms of quality? Feel like I've regularly read things along the lines of "yeah our refs are crap but you should see what they put up with in la liga/serie a/ligue un/etc."

Serie A and La Liga have VAR now so hard to compare really

Guest neesy111

PL is easily the best still.  Spanish refereeing is a joke.

Mike Dean never goes a game without making himself the centre of attention/the source of some controversy. He’s desperate for an invite on I’m a fucking Celebrity. The sooner he goes there, the better, the fucking tumour of a referee.

Guest neesy111

The pen is technically a foul, but they are never given.  Agree with the Mike Dean being centre of attention stuff though, very dislikeable person.

Guest godzilla

The pen is technically a foul, but they are never given.  Agree with the Mike Dean being centre of attention stuff though, very dislikeable person.

If it's a foul then so is the one on Rondon which was even worse, the bloke gives bad decisions just about every game. How he gives that and yet gives nothing for a blatent forearm smash in the face against Wolves. Think the bloke is an absolute joke and should be nowhere near Premier League level.

I disagree with you about the standard of referee in the Premier league, IMHO it's an absolute joke and it was no wonder none were selected for the world cup. The only 2 decents referees there has been the last few year are unfortunately for us Newcastle fans.

Refereeing over the last 5 years seems to have really deteriated. Think top level officiating g these days is at the same standard 2nd tier officiating was 10 years ago

Pickford not getting a card of either colour for the rugby tackle suggests the ref did not even know the rules, let alone make an error of judgement.

Just seen the Yedlin one from the first half, another clear pen not given.

What is there left to say.

What made it so strange is that none of our players really appealed for it, and the commentators seemed to ignore it in real time. But on replay it looks so blatant. I'm not sure VAR would have helped us - unless it was one of those when the fourth referee says "You have to stop and look at this".

Lerma red card?

Red card all day long, studs showing, over the top of ball which he didn't get, so getting the ball can't be used as an excuse. Shite refereeing seeing as the blind cunt was looking straight at it.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly think most people have based these views of the decisions based on it being Mike Dean making them. He completely fucked us over against Wolves, but I don't think there was a great deal wrong to complain about on Saturday.

4 huge game-changers for me.

The extremely soft penalty he gave them

The inconsistency to not give us one for an arguably stronger offence on Rondon.

The penalty-miss for Yedlin

The potential red card for Lerma

Guest godzilla

Honestly think most people have based these views of the decisions based on it being Mike Dean making them. He completely f***ed us over against Wolves, but I don't think there was a great deal wrong to complain about on Saturday.

Totally disagree, red card and two penalties for us especially the one of Rondon if he gives theirs then that is even more one