On this day...

Tooj

:lol: Feel like he shot every time after that. :smitten: f***ing Tiote.

That was down to the idiots in the stands shouting ‘shoot’ every time he touched the ball. That’s one if the cringiest things about football supporters, my pet hate tbf.

Tiote though. He was an absolute machine at times. Still remember the exact moment of finding out about him passing, absolutely dreadful.

Remember it well. Got off the bus at SJP with not long to spare before KO and horror of horrors I'd forgotten my ST. Wife had to hurriedly jump on the bus from Slatyford to bring it down. Bus driver kindly missed out Cowgate stop and appreciated the gravity of my situation ☺. Some poor old woman probably waited ages for her trip to the Grainger market for her Sunday joint or something. Meanwhile I missed KO but was lucky to see the return of the great man KK.

1 win 1 draw and 4 defeats in the 6 games after that. Even if we forget the Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U games which were tough, if we’d beaten West Ham who were a bit crap and Man City who went down that year in the 3-3 we’d have been champions. :okay:

I went back on the fixtures too!

Why are we torturing ourselves?! Ha ha!

1 win 1 draw and 4 defeats in the 6 games after that. Even if we forget the Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U games which were tough, if we’d beaten West Ham who were a bit crap and Man City who went down that year in the 3-3 we’d have been champions. :okay:

COLLYMORE CLOSING INNNN! Iconic. That and the Aguero last minute title winner are the 2 most iconic moments in PL history like

I went back on the fixtures too!

Why are we torturing ourselves?! Ha ha!

Aye! Probably just needed one more win before the Forest game. We’d have beaten Spurs last day I reckon if we knew the title was in our hands.

All the discussions about the games in April would be irrelevant had we beaten Man Utd at home when we battered them. Take 3 points off them, 3 to us, we win the league. Even with the shit results v Blackburn, Arsenal, Liverpool, Forest et cetera.

Would've finished

1. Newcastle 81 pts

2. Man Utd 79 pts

All the discussions about the games in April would be irrelevant had we beaten Man Utd at home when we battered them. Take 3 points off them, 3 to us, we win the league. Even with the shit results v Blackburn, Arsenal, Liverpool, Forest et cetera.

Would've finished

1. Newcastle 81 pts

2. Man Utd 79 pts

I think even a draw and it was ours - the momentum swing from that match was huge both ways!

15 years ago man!

That roar!

Imagine now waiting for VAR to confirm it :anguish:

(sorry for bringing VAR up, but my first thought seeing immediate jubilation)

15 years ago today the Shearer record breaking goal at the Gallowgate end v Portsmouth! I remember I was 16 and had my first night in a pub the night before then was at this game the day after great times!

Shola did his best to f*** it up mind.

And the players celebrating with him really had no right to be associated with Shearer breaking the record

Ramage, Babayaro and N'Zogbia  first to share the moment :lol:

Thought Shola did alright there though.

Boumsong, Bramble, Parker  joining in too :puke:

That's one of a few clips which were my earliest memories of Newcastle. I certainly wasn't old enough to remember the season itself - I barely had any awareness of even the Keegan years - but my dad had the 93/94 season review part 2 on video and I watched it until the tape about coiled. Can remember there was a feature about Keith Gillespie and his car. Interviews with Keegan, presumably sat in his very early 90s living room. Lee Clark complaining about not being in the team. Barry Venison saying he always put money on himself to score, then eventually did do with that screamer. It was all after Cole had gone so I grew up assuming Paul Kitson was a hero. He scored a hat-trick in the previous round to that City game, against Swansea.

I think we signed Kitson as a last minute replacement after Ruddick broke Beardsley's cheekbone. Took a bit of shine off the excitement going in to the season, but he filled in well. I can't think of many players of that time that weren't [however briefly] heroes. That's the Keegan effect though, he just gets the best out of people, straight away.

Edit: I wasn't sure if it was Malcolm Allen,, turns out it was.