Shepherd's intentions when appointing Roeder

Guest thompers
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thompers

You cannot blame Shepherd for the current results.

The results are down to the players and the manager. Shepherd has backed the manager, to the tune of £15m in the summer, you cannot blame him for any problems.

The club are in the Premiership, which is better than they were in 1991 under the previous board. This board has ambition, the previous board had none. The previous board appointed Willien McFaul and Jim Smith and Ossie Ardiles. That was the ambition they showed.

Clearly you weren't there at the time otherwise you would understand shit appointments. If you weren't there you have no right to make any criticism of the current set up.

© NE5,  Apologists Ltd

:lol:

Nah, a section of the fans accepted it but where underwhelmed. Most knew how it'd turn out. So do you think he's made a good appointment or fucked up once again? If it is another poor appointment, are you willing to put it down to bad chairmanship this time?

of course I would put it down to a bad choice of manager, I have said before all boards will only make so many and then they will find their time is up. It doesn't change the fact however, that they have backed their managers and we could very very easily end up with replacements who don't do this or even worse don't have the interests of the club at heart.

I specifically remember you downtalking O Neill's achievements and implying that he wouldn't be a better candidate.

until you can prove that there is someone with more ambition out there I won't accept anythign you say about club staffing.

© NE5,  Apologists Ltd

User 'NE5' has blocked your personal message.

Well I know he's online, and am desperate to hear his take on this, but when I try and PM him the link to the thread, it appears he's ignoring me. Gosh, I am super-offended, especially considering the last PM he sent me was him begging me to join his forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've sent it him for you, mate :thup:

I remember his opinion, Roeder is a better manager than O'Neill :lol:

sorry mate but you usually don't finish debates, thats a bit different for you eh ?

PS....you won't find me saying Roeder is better than O'Neill....so don't make things up either, you're getting like Mick .....

I specifically remember you downtalking O Neill's achievements and implying that he wouldn't be a better candidate.

Yep, I remember that too.

None of the above, he appointed him to ensure that he gave the fans what they wanted and therefore absolve himself from any blame should things go bad. Also the fact that it would make a smooth transition for the Shearer appointment.

The results are down to the players and the manager. Shepherd has backed the manager, to the tune of £15m in the summer,

well, actually, that is correct.

You are still missing lots of recruits to your cause, do you like following me around ?

Guest thompers

Nah, a section of the fans accepted it but where underwhelmed. Most knew how it'd turn out. So do you think he's made a good appointment or fucked up once again? If it is another poor appointment, are you willing to put it down to bad chairmanship this time?

of course I would put it down to a bad choice of manager, I have said before all boards will only make so many and then they will find their time is up. It doesn't change the fact however, that they have backed their managers and we could very very easily end up with replacements who don't do this or even worse don't have the interests of the club at heart.

So until we have THE VERY WORST BOARD IN DA HISTORY OF FOOTBALL EVA and to the point where we couldn't possibly inherit a worse board, you're going to keep supporting this one?

User 'NE5' has blocked your personal message.

Well I know he's online, and am desperate to hear his take on this, but when I try and PM him the link to the thread, it appears he's ignoring me. Gosh, I am super-offended, especially considering the last PM he sent me was him begging me to join his forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've sent it him for you, mate :thup:

I remember his opinion, Roeder is a better manager than O'Neill :lol:

sorry mate but you usually don't finish debates, thats a bit different for you eh ?

PS....you won't find me saying Roeder is better than O'Neill....so don't make things up either, you're getting like Mick .....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,20204.msg374387.html#msg374387

NE5,

Did you once say that this appointment should be the last for Shepherd if it ended in failure?

No. You still don't read properly. I have said - along with others - that if Shearer is next and fails, then that will be the current boards last throw of the dice. You also still have this notion that one single person chooses the managers and sets out club policy . Do you understand what a board of directors actually is ?

The results are down to the players and the manager. Shepherd has backed the manager, to the tune of £15m in the summer,

well, actually, that is correct.

You are still missing lots of recruits to your cause, do you like following me around ?

only when you doff your cap sychophantically at an asset-stripping board. Or "yes"

NE5,

Did you once say that this appointment should be the last for Shepherd if it ended in failure?

No. You still don't read properly. I have said - along with others - that if Shearer is next and fails, then that will be the current boards last throw of the dice. You also still have this notion that one single person chooses the managers and sets out club policy . Do you understand what a board of directors actually is ?

that is VERY funny

NE5,

that is VERY funny

do you stalk Adam Crozier as well  :lol:

NE5,

So are you saying that you'll support him until he appoints Shearer?

Guest thompers

If Shepherd had been boss of the FA it would have Souness or Roeder in charge now.

And McKeag would appoint you  :lol:

If Shepherd had been boss of the FA it would have Souness or Roeder in charge now.

And McKeag would appoint you  :lol:

I geuninely cringed at that reply.

One thing's for sure - whenever Freddie talks about what the fans want, he's actually talking about what he wants.

Appointing Roeder was just one of a string of poor decisions which are all related to one another. He tries to act like a Director of Football, and there are not many managers who are prepared to put up with that. Except those who are desperate for the job, for whatever reason.

Guest geordieracer

because all the fans wanted him, if he had appointed someone else, who was quite high profile but they didn't work out, people would be moaning at why he didn't appoint the best option in roeder etc, an then he would be slaughtered for not knowing anything about football

roeders appointment is of no blame to FFS IMO

because all the fans wanted him, if he had appointed someone else, who was quite high profile but they didn't work out, people would be moaning at why he didn't appoint the best option in roeder etc, an then he would be slaughtered for not knowing anything about football

roeders appointment is of no blame to FFS IMO

You jest, I hope.