Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Everton just got their new stadium plans approved. They're going places. Without the takeover, we'll be going places too. To visit teams in the Championship next season. Hey..maybe even a trip to the darkside again.

You have a very unique style of writing manorpark

That's a very diplomatic way of putting it  :lol:

I'd love to know if he talks like he types.

Unique - YES.

Diplomatic - I know you didn't mean that, but YES I AM.

Talks like he types - YES, I AM A VERY PERSUASIVE TALKER.

Everton just got their new stadium plans approved. They're going places. Without the takeover, we'll be going places too. To visit teams in the Championship next season. Hey..maybe even a trip to the darkside again.

Exactly and with Bruce in charge they’ll do the fucking double over us. The club could literally be finished for years if this doesn’t go through. If people think Ashley has been a disaster up to this point, I suspect a post covid and disinterested Ashley could exceed all our expectations.

This is a tipping point whether you think this goes through or not, i literally don’t think there’ll be a club left worth supporting if it doesn’t.

My worry is if Ashley sticks with Bruce in the Championship, he just might take us down to join the great SMB's in League One!!!

My worry is if Ashley sticks with Bruce in the Championship, he just might take us down to join the great SMB's in League One!!!

Wrong. We'll meet them in the Championship next season and Bruce will take us to League One. Mackems might just stay up coz Bruce makes us shitter than any other team, including them.

Replying in here as I didn't want to upset the optimism:

Undoubtedly the club could burn for me if the takeover doesn’t go through. This is a good point made by Keith though, I think we have to be extremely confident in the legal argument club has.

Has he never lost a case? I'm sure he gets paid either way and taking a lump sum from Ashley isn't going to damage his reputation. The fat cunt that didn't do due diligence when buying the club in the first place. I imagine his lawyers in the Keegan case were confident also.

Has anybody asked the PL's lawyers how confident they are?

They're confident too. But I guess we only hear what we want to hear. At least now we know it is not straight forward as some made it out to be at the back end of last year. Now, less the wait and soon and imminent wordings in some people's post. Its more 'silence is a good thing, they're cracking on with the case' type of posts. Does not help to build any confidence in me one bit. This ain't on. I'll happily raise my white flag in defeat and shame if it does happen.

A lot of talk about confidence. There’s been confidence of some sort for nearly 12 months now.

Still no signs whatsoever that this deal is even remotely close.

What’s the new #wait deadline now January and February have both passed without action? Still March? Or the end of the season?

MA ‘hands off’ from the club and concentrating on other business, Bruce being allowed to sleepwalk into a relegation... barely even sounds like a deal is still in the pipeline at all, to be honest. If it was, I doubt everyone would be sat around watching this relegation play out.

Ashley is supposedly desperate for this £300m deal and spending a fortune on the best legal brains in the footballing world. Yet he doesn’t want to sack the manager due to the minimal compensation due.

Ashley probably has a stack of emails from managers and players agents saying they won’t sign for us whilst the takeover situation is unresolved.

In the event of us going down Ashley will wave these as the courts and say he couldn’t sack Bruce and couldn’t sign the players. He tried.

Either the courts will a) block our relegation or b) compensate Ashley so much that he will sell the club at a pittance.

In event a) PIF can then buy the club. In event b), Staveley and Reubens and some second rate investors will buy the club and PIF will buy out investors upon takeover.

Ashley probably has a stack of emails from managers and players agents saying they won’t sign for us whilst the takeover situation is unresolved.

In the event of us going down Ashley will wave these as the courts and say he couldn’t sack Bruce and couldn’t sign the players. He tried.

Either the courts will a) block our relegation or b) compensate Ashley so much that he will sell the club at a pittance.

In event a) PIF can then buy the club. In event b), Staveley and Reubens and some second rate investors will buy the club and PIF will buy out investors upon takeover.

You keep posting this. It's absolute fairy-tale nonsense. They're not going to block our relegation ffs.

Liam Kennedy has followed Caulkin down the line of Journalists being duped by the people trying to buy the club.

"End of February," is what we were told. More deadlines than PPI.

Its absolute bollocks.

In which case they will have to pay for our relegation.

Whatever happens Ashley wins. And this time round the club will win with him.

:lol:

I must have missed the part where they forced us to not give Rafa a new contract and instead employ the guy with one of the worst managerial records in the history of English football.

;D ;D ;D

Aye, our relegation isn’t getting blocked but a compensation case doesn’t seem beyond the realms of possibility. A dream scenario would be for the takeover to get signed off and then Mike to ask the PL for £900 million because it affected his House of Frazer shares and cheapened the  Donnay name.

If Ashley got 300 mil in compensation he would probably just let us rot as a championship team knowing he’s already got his money from us and still being able to take the p*as out of us.

Alternatively, he might gamble on getting us back up and the race to 17th place starts again.

You have a very unique style of writing manorpark

I'd love to know if he talks like he types.

With air quotes over certain words?

Not taking the piss, it's good to have a distinctive style. I can pretty much tell a lot of you by writing style. Please no tests or follow up questions :)