Alternatives to NUFC

Guest The Little Waster

I've pretty much lost interest in football full stop.  I reckon there's a fair bit I can with the £940 renewal this year plus drinks and that!

Funny to think that one of the things the Ashley apologists tell us is that he made football more affordable yet here we are where there are season ticket holders paying £50 a game. Unless you go with a child and are happy to sit up in level 7 he's priced many fans out of going to SJP anyway. Done them a favour though really.

how much is one of those unlimited cinema cards these days?  seems like much better value and use of money than watching ashleys NUFC tbh

Depends if it's with tissues included or not I imagine.

Would maybe use the money, and time, to do a bit of ground hopping in a bid to 'Do the 92'.

I don't invest much money into NUFC but I'm definitely thinking along these lines anyway. Would love to pick half a dozen games on the continent to take in next season, just for the hell of it really.

Would maybe use the money, and time, to do a bit of ground hopping in a bid to 'Do the 92'.

I don't invest much money into NUFC but I'm definitely thinking along these lines anyway. Would love to pick half a dozen games on the continent to take in next season, just for the hell of it really.

Had some great days at random places like Bury and Crawley last season. Mainly helped by drink admittedly but i'm enjoying going somewhere new when i can. Bit limited to international weekends or when NUFC get moved for TV unless i chuck my season ticket, which is getting more tempting with every passing day.

Guest The Little Waster

Much would a Barce ticket cost ? Fab idea

I do think this is a fantastic idea for anyone investing heavily in the club.  I mean, I don't see the masses turning away from the club but a lot of posters on here will certainly improve their quality of life by exploring other avenues until the fat cunt has left the club.

I’ve bought a season ticket at spennymoor. Will be concentrating on them and the national league north.

It’ll be a more distant following with regards to Newcastle. I’ll still check results and watch them if on tele etc. But my love for the prem itself has lowered over recent years too. So this is a final nail in the coffin so to speak.

I jacked in being a full-time supporter years ago.

Still watch the occasional game, keep up with all the take over shite / yearly transfer rumours etc and look forward to the day Ashley leaves. But it was all having too much of a detrimental effect on my weekends. Grumpy with the kids when we would inevitably loose or draw another game. Then I'd be pissed off for most of the weekend, get over it (until the next weekend landed again), rinse / repeat. Honestly looked forward to the summer breaks more than the next season.

The added bullshit with we've had to deal with over the last 10+ years really hasn't helped. Modern day media coverage, bellends all over social media (hardly restricted to football admittedly). Bellends that play the game all over social media. The massive divide in wealth between players and paying fans. Just all seems like a very different game these days.

I sound like a right miserable c*nt.  :laugh2: But honestly, I feel much better for it (the leaving football bit, not being a miserable c*nt) O0.

I've been following NUFC via the radio and TV in recent years. I probably still will, but I think my cash and energy will go towards Blyth Spartans. Interested to see what Lee Clark is hopefully gonna build there.

NUFC under Ashley is a bust flush.