Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/01/20 - Post match reaction from page 9

BlueStar

We were bailed out by Dubravka again. We played ‘well’ in comparison to the last 4 games based on the fact wolves weren’t that good either... but were wasteful.

Another point on the board but 2 more injuries to deal with. But the media won’t bother looking into why this is happening as they won’t dare question Bruce or the club.

Meh, another point closer to safety so we can do it again next year.

Draw better than a win I suppose!

Luke Edwards is crowing about it like it was a win on twitter. I didn't know the result and reading his comments slagging off Bruce critics, I assumed we'd won at first.

Our goal was very good like. Loved the sly chest from Gayle to set the move up. Nice finish from Miggy too.

The chested pass was top drawer, but the second touch (after it came back to him) to lay it into Almiron's path required a deftness that I simply didn't think Gayle had. Was genuinely impressed.

Didn't see the game but happy to hear Gayle did well. He's no Rondon but people forget he did a perfectly decent job in the second half of our first season back up

Didn't he spend a large part of that season out injured as well?

Guest neesy111

Didn't see the game but happy to hear Gayle did well. He's no Rondon but people forget he did a perfectly decent job in the second half of our first season back up

Didn't he spend a large part of that season out injured as well?

Not a large part of it.

Issue we are going to have is that when ASM returns he needs to be playing wide right. Almiron needs to play wide left or as a genuine 10. What the hell do we do with Joelinton if he’s really not suited to the central role? We need to sign another striker to play that role better.

Our goal was very good like. Loved the sly chest from Gayle to set the move up. Nice finish from Miggy too.

The chested pass was top drawer, but the second touch (after it came back to him) to lay it into Almiron's path required a deftness that I simply didn't think Gayle had. Was genuinely impressed.

Yeah his role in the goal was great. Shame he went off injured.

Issue we are going to have is that when ASM returns he needs to be playing wide right. Almiron needs to play wide left or as a genuine 10. What the hell do we do with Joelinton if he’s really not suited to the central role? We need to sign another striker to play that role better.

Could play 4-2-3-1 with Joelinton either wide left or behind Carroll.  Otherwise he's just going to have to be rotated with ASM and Almiron.  We're not signing a striker, whatever.

loki679[/member] - I just feels thinking the only way we can do a back 4 is with new fullbacks. Our current ones seem only good at playing as wing backs. Our CB unit needs to be one of Lascelles and Lejeune or Schar for that to work too.