Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

That spin is even worse than KI's! :lol:

geordiedean has stated that Solano was 'more talented', 'far far better player' and that HBA was 'not on the same level'. IMO their achievements outside NUFC clearly show that he's (surprisingly) full of shite.

Players also always get better the longer time has passed since they actually played. :lol: And I love Nobby and Robert.

Have people forgotten how HBA disappeared in France for a couple of weeks and it turned out that he’d quit football and joined a cult only to be talked out of it?

A player like that doesn’t deserve our time of day.

Hatem is the most naturally gifted player we've had since Beardsley/Ginola, surely.

I can see where the Solano love is coming from, like.  Hatem had mad dribbling skills and he'd get you out of your seat like no other player could but there's other skills besides being able to take a man (or an entire team) on.  Solano had an absolutely magical right foot and he had the vision and creativity to use it too.

I reckon if we could get Nobby and HBA to make an arse baby we'd have the perfect winger.

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

Can't remember much about Beardsley or Lee but Solano and Robert are two of my all time favourite NUFC players. They were great and entertaining players in the SBR years but their careers were nothing special outside of that little spell and in the end the SBR team won nothing either. Meanwhile HBA has won a countless number of trophies playing for the three biggest teams in France and had a great and entertaining spell here (when allowed).

World must be a wondrous place for you if people putting HBA ahead Nobby or Robert in their all time NUFC XI amazes you.

Honours

France

FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001

Honours

Sporting Cristal

Peruvian First Division: 1994, 1995, 1996

Copa Libertadores Runner-up: 1997

Newcastle United

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2006

Universitario de Deportes

Peruvian First Division: 2009

National Team

Kirin Cup: 1999, 2005

Individual

1992 Peruvian Player of the Year

1997 America's Ideal Team of the Year[47]

1997 South American Player on the Year: 2nd place

Honours

Club

Lyon

Ligue 1: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Coupe de France: 2007–08

Trophée des champions: 2006, 2007

Marseille

Ligue 1: 2009–10

Coupe de la Ligue: 2009–10

Trophée des Champions: 2010

Paris Saint-Germain

Coupe de France: 2016–17

Coupe de la Ligue: 2016–17

Trophée des Champions: 2016

International

France

UEFA European Under-17 Championship: 2004

Individual

UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 2007–08

UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: February 2010

UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2015-16

Can I please point out that Cacapa won more French league titles

Have people forgotten how HBA disappeared in France for a couple of weeks and it turned out that he’d quit football and joined a cult only to be talked out of it?

wish you'd disappear and join a cult

Really don't understand why those that hate Ben Arfa keep visiting the thread and then talk nonsense.

The facts are Ben Arfa had a better goals &  assists per minute ratio than Robert and Ginola. Plus he was extremely unlucky to have been managed by a turd.

It's simple, he was class, he did have a good end product BUT certain people (Pardew and morons) held him to a higher and unrealistic standard where unless he scored every single game or in the 25 mins he used to get they deemed him to be rubbish, which is absolute bollocks.

I slightly feel sorry for anyone that took no enjoyment out of watching him play, to prefer Obertan, Taylor, Gouffran etc has to be a mental illness.

Really don't understand why those that hate Ben Arfa keep visiting the thread and then talk nonsense.

The facts are Ben Arfa had a better goals &  assists per minute ratio than Robert and Ginola. Plus he was extremely unlucky to have been managed by a turd.

It's simple, he was class, he did have a good end product BUT certain people (Pardew and morons) held him to a higher and unrealistic standard where unless he scored every single game or in the 25 mins he used to get they deemed him to be rubbish, which is absolute bollocks.

I slightly feel sorry for anyone that took no enjoyment out of watching him play, to prefer Obertan, Taylor, Gouffran etc has to be a mental illness.

Not to mention he was expected to pick the ball up pretty much in his own half and then go do the rest on his own because we sat so deep and the forwards were totally isolated.  It's to his credit that he actually managed to do it a couple of times too :lol:

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

Can't remember much about Beardsley or Lee but Solano and Robert are two of my all time favourite NUFC players. They were great and entertaining players in the SBR years but their careers were nothing special outside of that little spell and in the end the SBR team won nothing either. Meanwhile HBA has won a countless number of trophies playing for the three biggest teams in France and had a great and entertaining spell here (when allowed).

World must be a wondrous place for you if people putting HBA ahead Nobby or Robert in their all time NUFC XI amazes you.

Honours

France

Honours

Sporting Cristal

Newcastle United

National Team

Individual

Honours

Club

Lyon

Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

International

France

Individual

Did I put Cacapa in my all time XI?

:ben: Stay away then?

As mentioned by others, saying one NUFC player was better than other NUFC players does not equal said NUFC player having had a greater impact on NUFC over time or achieved more in their time at NUFC. It just means that someone thinks one player was better than another player and therefore when making a fictional «Best XI» it would make sense to include that player since it’s not a «Most Impactful/Influential XI».

The fuck is wrong in being a HBA fan boy, Dinho?

It's embarrassing coming from grown men. :lol:

He was a class player for us but he also disappointed us in other aspects. Not sure why so many people on here have to conjure up the lamest excuses to defend him at every opportunity.

The love of him here is well over the top to the point that a rational debate about him is not possible (from his fanyboys' side). It's also well over the top that it makes me look like a HBA hater - but the truth is that I like him very much and will still remember him for the better memories that he gave us.

But defending him at all cost is, in essence, the problem here.

I'd say your relentless dismissals against those opinions is equally if not more embarrassing. It's weird and bordering on the obsessive.

Honours

France

Honours

Sporting Cristal

Newcastle United

National Team

Individual

Honours

Club

Lyon

Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

International

France

Individual

Did I put Cacapa in my all time XI?

No but you were using French league titles as a barometer for saying that HBA was superior to Nobby and Robert so I was just pointing out that on that measure you can’t leave Cacapa out of your XI

As mentioned by others, saying one NUFC player was better than other NUFC players does not equal said NUFC player having had a greater impact on NUFC over time or achieved more in their time at NUFC. It just means that someone thinks one player was better than another player and therefore when making a fictional «Best XI» it would make sense to include that player since it’s not a «Most Impactful/Influential XI».

I think people get that but there are just so so so many midfielders and strikers that had more talent than HBA he should be nowhere near a best XI.

That’s not saying he wasn’t a good player on his day but we’ve been starved of good players for so long that he is overrated to the extreme.

Guest alijmitchell

God why are people so het- up all the time? "Fan boy" being used as a derogatory term for someone that liked watching a player. What does it actually matter?

God why are people so het- up all the time? "Fan boy" being used as a derogatory term for someone that liked watching a player. What does it actually matter?

You can like a player, but don't you dare like that player too much...you have to be a casual fan at all times or Dinho will get offended.

It is mental, i loved Hatem, blokes was an entertainer and in an age of fairly boring holding players all over the shop with athletes who can run and run formations, he got you off your seat.

I'm a fan boy, proud to be one if that's what i have to be called to be fan of an exciting footballer. I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, he was mint.