Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

I'd put him above Robert. You only need to look at Robert post SBR to see how ineffective and disliked by the gammons he was. The other side of the coin is HBA was still very good under, for me, the worst NUFC manager in my time supporting Newcastle, and imagining how good HBA would have been in SBR's side. Beardsley, Lee, and Solano are NUFC legends, I'd rather watch HBA over all of them bar Beardsley, but you'd be nuts to put him ahead of any of them in terms of contribution.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d put HBA when he is in the moment or that zone or whatever it is when magic happens, as the most talented player I’ve seen at our club and certainly the most exciting. The only player close to him was Tino. We’ve had better players and players with amazing talent who were exciting, like Beardsley, but HBA man, he played like we all did as kids, or tried to, and that’s probably why he hasn’t fulfilled his potential. He’s too much of a maverick and too much of an individual. My kind of player though, him in KK’s team, he would have been our Cantona.

I’d put HBA when he is in the moment or that zone or whatever it is when magic happens, as the most talented player I’ve seen at our club and certainly the most exciting. The only player close to him was Tino. We’ve had better players and players with amazing talent who were exciting, like Beardsley, but HBA man, he played like we all did as kids, or tried to, and that’s probably why he hasn’t fulfilled his potential. He’s too much of a maverick and too much of an individual. My kind of player though, him in KK’s team, he would have been our Cantona.

Not as talented in a Black and white shirt as Gazza,Beardsley not by a long shot

Guest firetotheworks

It's personal preference. For me HBA is as talented as Beardsley was, that's not the same as saying he had the same impact or got the same amount out of his talent, because he didn't.

I feel like this needs to be explained every few months, it's not that hard to understand like.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's personal preference. For me HBA is as talented as Beardsley was, that's not the same as saying he had the same impact or got the same amount out of his talent, because he didn't.

I feel like this needs to be explained every few months, it's not that hard to understand like.

This, although Beardsley was better at the racism so trumps HBA.

Not sure why this thread keeps getting bumped as HBA is irrelevant now.

He was a player with potential but unfortunately his application was awful and thats probably why nobody has signed him yet.

Tbh id struggle to put him in the best 18, never mind best 11  since Newcastle have been in the Premier League

It gets bumped because people enjoy talking about him. Your face is irrelevant.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Moving Solano to RB simply to accommodate HBA! [emoji38] You're a true HBA fanboy, KI! [emoji38] (Yes, I know Nobby played there before in his career!)

Well yeah, because we've never had a right back in my lifetime that I'd prefer over either Solano or HBA. I don't think you need to be a HBA fanboy to think that Barton or Beye weren't as good.

Crap spin on it.

Beye and Debuchy were clearly better than Solano at RB.

You can't help but be a fanboy.

Guest firetotheworks

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Moving Solano to RB simply to accommodate HBA! [emoji38] You're a true HBA fanboy, KI! [emoji38] (Yes, I know Nobby played there before in his career!)

Well yeah, because we've never had a right back in my lifetime that I'd prefer over either Solano or HBA. I don't think you need to be a HBA fanboy to think that Barton or Beye weren't as good.

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Nee idea why you go on like this at your age like.

As I said, we've never had a RB who was better than either HBA or Solano as footballers. It's my opinion, get over it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

As I said, we've never had a RB who was better than either HBA or Solano as footballers. It's my opinion, get over it.

That's ironic coming from you. The forum's big crier.  :lol:

Again, you've put on another crap spin on it. No was comparing them as purley footballers.

Guest firetotheworks

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

That's ironic coming from you. The forum's big crier.  [emoji38]

Again, you've put on another crap spin on it. No was comparing them as purley footballers.

Err, I was, it's my all time XI ye plum.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

You've just said you choose Solano because you rated him as a better 'footballer' than Beye and Barton. But really, it's about being a better RB.

Bernard was a better 'footballer' than Enrique.

Plum, hey? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

You've just said you choose Solano because you rated him as a better 'footballer' than Beye and Barton. But really, it's about being a better RB.

Plum, hey? [emoji38]

Who are you arguing with here? [emoji38] It's MY all time XI, what can't you grasp about that?

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Crap spin on it.

Plum, hey? [emoji38]

Who are you arguing with here? [emoji38] It's MY all time XI, what can't you grasp about that?

I know it's yours, I was simply contesting the basis of accommodating HBA by moving Solano to RB - even though Solano was clearly the better player for us than HBA and clearly there was better quality RBs for us than Solano.

But nah, it's "Hateeeeeem I LUV U!!!"

The fuck is wrong in being a HBA fan boy, Dinho?

It's embarrassing coming from grown men. :lol:

He was a class player for us but he also disappointed us in other aspects. Not sure why so many people on here have to conjure up the lamest excuses to defend him at every opportunity.

The love of him here is well over the top to the point that a rational debate about him is not possible (from his fanyboys' side). It's also well over the top that it makes me look like a HBA hater - but the truth is that I like him very much and will still remember him for the better memories that he gave us.

But defending him at all cost is, in essence, the problem here.

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

Can't remember much about Beardsley or Lee but Solano and Robert are two of my all time favourite NUFC players. They were great and entertaining players in the SBR years but their careers were nothing special outside of that little spell and in the end the SBR team won nothing either. Meanwhile HBA has won a countless number of trophies playing for the three biggest teams in France and had a great and entertaining spell here (when allowed).

World must be a wondrous place for you if people putting HBA ahead Nobby or Robert in their all time NUFC XI amazes you.

Honours

France

FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001

Honours

Sporting Cristal

Peruvian First Division: 1994, 1995, 1996

Copa Libertadores Runner-up: 1997

Newcastle United

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2006

Universitario de Deportes

Peruvian First Division: 2009

National Team

Kirin Cup: 1999, 2005

Individual

1992 Peruvian Player of the Year

1997 America's Ideal Team of the Year[47]

1997 South American Player on the Year: 2nd place

Honours

Club

Lyon

Ligue 1: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Coupe de France: 2007–08

Trophée des champions: 2006, 2007

Marseille

Ligue 1: 2009–10

Coupe de la Ligue: 2009–10

Trophée des Champions: 2010

Paris Saint-Germain

Coupe de France: 2016–17

Coupe de la Ligue: 2016–17

Trophée des Champions: 2016

International

France

UEFA European Under-17 Championship: 2004

Individual

UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 2007–08

UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: February 2010

UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2015-16

Guest Howaythetoon

I could pick several all-time NUFC sides based on just individual ability, all-round game or all-round career here or even based on my personal faves. It’s all subjective really. I’d have HBA in my all-time NUFC team since I’ve been watching based on ability and excitement though, and if I had a pool of Toon players to pick from to build a team as manager, he would get in ahead of Nobby or Ginola or Beardsley. Mind I’d get the best out of him so it’s a no brainer for me anyway :lol:

Based on ability alone/individualism

Given

Beye

Woodgate

Colo

Domi

HBA

Viana

Lee

Ginola

Shearer

Tino

Subs

Elliott

Ramage

Williamson

Pancrate

Collback

Shola

Joselu

Guest firetotheworks

Today I learned that making audio recordings about 'Ben Arfa fanboys' in a funny voice, uploading it to the internet, and then posting it on here, are the actions of the modern, mature, 34 year old gentleman.

Today I learned that making audio recordings about 'Ben Arfa fanboys' in a funny voice, uploading it to the internet, and then posting it on here, are the actions of the modern, mature, 34 year old gentleman.

:lol: There was no way to express it by words, obviously!

But again, you're spinning things; nothing wrong with a bit of mickey taking. :lol: