Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Mangala is a bizarre rumour.  At least 3 positions we desperately need to strengthen ahead of centre half.

It's the position we are by far the best covered in, IMO. Got four players that is good enough to play there.

Only Lascelles is good enough. The rest are being made to look better by Rafa’s management but ultimately it’s going to hinder the team I.e more focus on full back or central midfielder defending. Improving centre back could potentially unlock other parts of the team and add more attacking impetus

Agree with this. Considering how many of our centre backs are supposed to be decent, they all seem to be involved quite regularly in conceding soft goals.

Good grief.

Desperate bamps.  [emoji38]

Next we'll be asking to lend a tab at the monument.

f***ing random rumour generator in play now.

Still sums up the plight this club is in under Ashley.

I cant imagine our transfer shananigans will give our current crop of players much confidence

Quite the reverse - It'll give them loads of confidence because they know there's no chance they'll ever be replaced.

Well, I say confidence. Maybe I mean complacency.

Latest Douglas article says he's been told we have interest in a striker in Germany.  He seemed sceptical...

Hopefully Davie Selke. Not that we would get him, but I for one would be honored to "fall for it" for one day.

Maybe him - but I assume it will be some out of favour striker somewhere.  No-one sensible would sell one of their first choice strikers at this stage..

Merino being linked with a move to Bilbao.

No players and selling a Merino would be the final straw for me - more significantly, I expect it would be for Rafa too.

After over a decade of this, how can anyone still require a "final straw"? :lol:

What next, the final final straw? The very last straw? The absolute very last chance?

'Neither Islam Slimani or Kelechi Iheanacho will be heading to Newcastle. Slimani, according to Sky Sports, will be allowed on loan but not to another Premier League side, while Iheanacho is to stay and fight for his place. [sky Sports] #NUFC'

Makes absolutely no sense that. I'd be willing to stake a large sum of money that we wouldn't be troubling Leicester's position in the league if we were to take Slimani off them.