Joelinton

Stifler

Makes you wonder - were Hoffenheim using him differently, or did our scouts see something that simply isn't there?

Used him quite a lot on the side in a forward 3 as well as one of 2 forwards, and also as an attacking midfielder I think.

Why would you want this guy on the side he literally crumbles when anyone comes near him

Might as well just hoy Gayle or Muto up top. Joelinton is offering nowt at the minute as a target man and his confidence is clearly shot, at least Gayle manages to be in the right positions for the odd tap in every now and then.

He's not a target man, never has been.

What is he meant to be, then? :lol: His only qualities that I've seen are holding the ball up and winning the odd header, but even they're lacking at the moment. His passing isn't great, has no pace, can't dribble or beat a man for shite, wants too many touches, has little to no invention... I'm not sure what kind of player he's meant to be if not a target man. He doesn't have the attributes to play any other role in this league.

Our scouts identified him as a player who would go on to increase in value over the long term. Maybe we just need to show some patience. Bruce has got us halfway to safety so that leaves plenty of time for Joe to develop and really kick on next season. :thup: