Sheffield United vs Newcastle United - 12/1/21 - 6pm (Live on Sky)

Stifler

Genuinely think he might be in trouble if we lose this one.

Normally I couldn’t see Ashley getting rid, but the amount of money and time he’s invested in trying to get the takeover done, he won’t want the obese dinner lady potentially messing it up.

On those grounds, hope we get twatted.

Don't care either way, but if the takeover did happen then it would be irrelevant if Bruce manages to hold on to his job for a few more months.

Having said that I don't think it will, so it might be best he gets twatted now incase the takeover never happens.

Would actually give Shelvey a game against these. We need as many creative players as possible and with wilsons movement I think the two could work well together.

Poor defensively of course but when he wants to this lad can play some defense splitting passes.

:dowie: Shelvey creative

The lad literally joins the defence every time he plays.

Genuinely think he might be in trouble if we lose this one.

Normally I couldn’t see Ashley getting rid, but the amount of money and time he’s invested in trying to get the takeover done, he won’t want the obese dinner lady potentially messing it up.

On those grounds, hope we get twatted.

Nah, look at the bottom 3 , they are all in the shit , even if we lose the table will look no different even after these next round of matches as Fulham and WBA have very tough games, Bruce will only come under pressure if the bottom 3 start picking up wins .

Until that happens he gets away with it. 32 points should keep you up this season, grim.

Think we're the team that's most suited for them to get their first win. Despite how shambolic they've been this season, we'll let them play and get into the game.  We've no intensity about us at all, we can't keep the ball so won't be able to open them up at all and expose their dire defensive.

Gravy Boat will play 5 across the back again, and launch balls up to Wilson all evening that'll make Chris Basham look like VVD.

Shelvey will be back in, and Berge/Fleck will run rings around him, with any one of Hendrick/Longstaffs/Hayden next to him chasing shadows and shuffling around 5 seconds behind play. Usual fare from Joelinton, playing like he's on LCD.

Two Championship wingers (Ritchie/Murphy) at wing backs. Bruce will probably drop Clark for Arsenal mistake, so can see Hayden having to play back there, with Lascelles back in. Schar dropped.

Us not losing will be again down to the usual combination of blind luck, Darlow, and the centre backs getting in the way of everything.

Think they’re most suited for us to win tbh. We beat them twice easily last season and they fall under the West Ham first day, Burnley, Palace, category.

Would actually give Shelvey a game against these. We need as many creative players as possible and with wilsons movement I think the two could work well together.

Poor defensively of course but when he wants to this lad can play some defense splitting passes.

He’s comfortably the most creative centre midfielder we have and the only one with any intention of passing the ball forwards. He’s got his flaws but surely you can’t pull him up for the thing he’s actually good at?

He’s comfortably the most creative centre midfielder we have and the only one with any intention of passing the ball forwards. He’s got his flaws but surely you can’t pull him up for the thing he’s actually good at?

3 assists in 49 games. CREATIVE.

Come on mate, it’s far more complex that assist statistics and you know it. I’m not saying he’s some sort of creatine genius but compared to the other options he’s the most forward thinking passer we have. Then consider we haven’t scored a goal in about 7-8 hours and created almost zero you can see the original posters thought process.

Come on mate, it’s far more complex that assist statistics and you know it. I’m not saying he’s some sort of creatine genius but compared to the other options he’s the most forward thinking passer we have. Then consider we haven’t scored a goal in about 7-8 hours and created almost zero you can see the original posters thought process.

I can't stand the sight of Shelvey, particularly when he drops back to the centre backs to get the ball, causing Joelinton to drop into centre mid so that Shelvey can play a short pass to Ritchie before it goes back to Darlow. It's mainly Bruce's fault why we create nothing, but Shelvey completely changes the game plan and we play much much worse. It's been happening for years now.

Shelvey is utter shit and I want him nowhere near the team.  He’s only effective if the pass is on his right foot and he’s got time and space.  Add to the fact he’s a lazy cunt aswell then i just don’t see anything positive in him playing.  Just picking him in the first place sends a bad message to the rest of the squad, especially the young players.  Rafa gave him loads of chances but lost patience eventually.  Bruce only likes him cos he can knock a long ball which might get him out of jail a few times a season.

I wouldn’t have Shelvey anywhere near the squad, he never challenges in midfield and lazy b****** will let any midfielder run past him at ease .

Sorry gone are his days , he offers a once in 10 games pass and sorry that’s not good enough in today’s game .

I used to like him but this and last season he really isn’t putting it in , , doesn’t learn to use his “talent “ and adapt or influence a game like he could.

Not for me, needs to drop down a division

Interesting comments from Chris Wilder.

I've known Steve a long time and he was actually my gaffer back in the day. I loved playing for him and both he and his son are Alex are great men who I have a lot of time for. Steve has done a great job since going to Newcastle and has moved the club on a lot since he came in. He could have won manager of the year last season but it wasn't to be. Most likely because he's English but unfortunately that's just how it is these days.

Tomorrow's game will be a good one I've no doubt about that. Two teams that are like minded and who like to roll their sleeves up and get on the front foot. I know Steve has worked hard to rid Newcastle of the boring tag they had previously and recent performances show that.

Interesting comments from Chris Wilder.

I've known Steve a long time and he was actually my gaffer back in the day. I loved playing for him and both he and his son are Alex are great men who I have a lot of time for. Steve has done a great job since going to Newcastle and has moved the club on a lot since he came in. He could have won manager of the year last season but it wasn't to be. Most likely because he's English but unfortunately that's just how it is these days.

Tomorrow's game will be a good one I've no doubt about that. Two teams that are like minded and who like to roll their sleeves up and get on the front foot. I know Steve has worked hard to rid Newcastle of the boring tag they had previously and recent performances show that.

You're nailing these recently.