The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Man utd fans I know (minus frogman) going off it with Saint Ole.

No I'm not definitely not happy the last couple of weeks. :lol: I don't mind dropping points against the top 6/7 teams as that's where we are at the minute but drawing at home to Villa isn't acceptable with the squad we have.

Guest neesy111

Hughton would be making a mistake going to Watford like. Think he’d be better off waiting for a team in the Championship looking to go up rather than that job. Could be made for someone like Allardyce though.

Man utd imo.

Gary Neville reckons OGS should be given a few windows. Is he daft? What if he has these windows, gets his own players in and is still a shite coach?

Fair enough if there was some degree of tactical nous he is demonstrating but he's not. He's not shown he can barely get the best out of any of the players. Most managers worth their salt would be showing something at this point. He's been able to muster fuck all since the post Mourinho bounce.

Guest neesy111

Gary Neville reckons OGS should be given a few windows. Is he daft? What if he has these windows, gets his own players in and is still a s**** coach?

Fair enough if there was some degree of tactical nous he is demonstrating but he's not. He's not shown he can barely get the best out of any of the players. Most managers worth their salt would be showing something at this point. He's been able to muster f*** all since the post Mourinho bounce.

Extremely he's bobbins.

Gary Neville reckons OGS should be given a few windows. Is he daft? What if he has these windows, gets his own players in and is still a shite coach?

Fair enough if there was some degree of tactical nous he is demonstrating but he's not. He's not shown he can barely get the best out of any of the players. Most managers worth their salt would be showing something at this point. He's been able to muster fuck all since the post Mourinho bounce.

can't remember now but what did Neville say at the end of Jose's time there?

can't remember now but what did Neville say at the end of Jose's time there?

GN is stoicly pro-manager in fairness to him. He didn't want Moyes gone or Jose.

He's been consistently of the view that managers need time.

Hughton and Clement the favourites for the Watford job. Not the most inspiring choices

I was amazed to see CH as the bookies favourite.

Perhaps they need to be united as a squad and they see him as the best fit for that but he'd be a strange shout imho.

Motd was hilarious last night, having a go at Martial and co for lack of movement/not getting on the end of crosses, then one of them said "Ole would have had a hat-trick if he was playing" without a hint of irony that it's his fucking job to get them moving about.

Ole is a media darling and if it keeps him in the job longer then i hope it continues, he's absolutely shit.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

Man U are 4th in expected points (and very close to Chelsea and Liverpool) so they've been very unlucky so far. Many think these stats are garbage but I don't think it's a coincidence that Poch and Emery are gone while Silva and OGS still have a job.

How do they work out the expected points? What's the metrics?

They count how many points each team should have got from the match based on xG but I don't know the exact formula. For example, in us vs City we got 0.13 and City got 2.79 expected points.

I bet chairmen don't go on expected points.

They probably should.

Seeing how much an actual goal impacts a game, they really shouldn't.

Well this is my problem with football, it’s way too much about results. The manager could do all the right things and still lose, they should be much lore focused on the process than the outcome.