Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't think its quite the certainty it was a few months ago, because Kinnear has lifted the spirits at the club. People are giving him a hard time, but most good managers wouldn't touch us with a bargepole just now and he deserves a lot of credit for getting on with the job.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the things he says in public. If anything, I think his rants are a good thing and could even be deliberate to promote a togetherness mentality, which is what is needed.

Good point, I think its about time a Newcastle manager used the bias and negativity in the press to the club's advantage.  If I were Kinnear I'd have every last one of these spiteful, negative articles like the match report in the Guardian pinned to the wall in the dressing room. 

I don't think its quite the certainty it was a few months ago

:lol:

If it's not a "certainty" now, it couldn't have been one then either.

In fact, it's never going to be a certainty unless it actually happens.

classic

you didn't watch the team playing under Hughton then .  :lol:

no answer then ?

Taking things far to literally.  He clearly means that he thought it was a certainty at the time and now he doesn't think its a certainty any more.

or he's just being an idiot  :lol:

I don't think its quite the certainty it was a few months ago, because Kinnear has lifted the spirits at the club. People are giving him a hard time, but most good managers wouldn't touch us with a bargepole just now and he deserves a lot of credit for getting on with the job.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the things he says in public. If anything, I think his rants are a good thing and could even be deliberate to promote a togetherness mentality, which is what is needed.

:thup:

He installed an 'us against the world' type of mentality at Wimbledon, certainly at the first-team level as a motivational tool. But at Wimbledon his troopers were more blue-collar types/battlers in comparison to our list, and they reveled in sticking it up everybody else. I'm not sure how long and how far his 'hailstorm & bluster' approach will outlast his deficiencies with regards to his overall tactical approach in terms of pattern of play, and as a matchday tactician ie. his use of substitutions.

Keegan was a motivator, a ranter when needed, and an astute tactician. Those factors kept us up last season. Shallow that it was but our 1st choice eleven was more purpose built to play the sort of football employed in our relegation fight last season, as opposed to the battling/against the wall type of football employed so far & during his tenureship at Wimbledon.

With a more cultured set of footballers at his disposal, imo it will take more than just fire & brimstone in order to keep this ship afloat over the course of more than a half a season.

Is this Relegation-ometer being taken after every match?

Expect the only values to be either 10 or 1.

It just gives a rough measure of the balance of pessimism/ optimism, about our plight.

i was gonna say its a bit of , fun, but no, this is a serious situation,

it might be a good idea to wipe all the votes after each game? or each home game?

What do people think?

at least it has some interest, because the board, was dead, apart from ne5s thread.

When NE5 actually talks football rather than boardroom politics he usually talks sense.

He installed an 'us against the world' type of mentality at Wimbledon, certainly at the first-team level as a motivational tool. But at Wimbledon his troopers were more blue-collar types/battlers in comparison to our list, and they reveled in sticking it up everybody else. I'm not sure how long and how far his 'hailstorm & bluster' approach will outlast his deficiencies with regards to his overall tactical approach in terms of pattern of play, and as a matchday tactician ie. his use of substitutions.

Keegan was a motivator, a ranter when needed, and an astute tactician. Those factors kept us up last season. Shallow that it was but our 1st choice eleven was more purpose built to play the sort of football employed in our relegation fight last season, as opposed to the battling/against the wall type of football employed so far & during his tenureship at Wimbledon.

With a more cultured set of footballers at his disposal, imo it will take more than just fire & brimstone in order to keep this ship afloat over the course of more than a half a season.

Calling Keegan an astute tactician is a bit ott.  He was alright, but against some teams he didn't have a clue.  He just got them playing to their strengths and instilled conifdence.

you can change your vote over the season.

How?

i thought you could, is there not a remove vote option?

i was gonna reset it after stoke if people agree?

I can't see the 'change vote' button.