Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

We are apparently playing our U23s against Liverpool in the cup tomorrow night.

No first team involvement at all - no players or staff at the ground.

Hmmm. Detecting a lack of consistency in how the game is reacting to these challenges.

Hmmm. Detecting a lack of consistency in how the game is reacting to these challenges.

Do you think there's a chance you don't want the fixture headache given things are going pretty well in the league?

Partly agree with his reasoning although not sure how the money would be redistributed back to the NHS.

Still just doesn’t sit right though when there are millions of others who should be priority.

I thought the clubs were all using private testing?

Do you think there's a chance you don't want the fixture headache given things are going pretty well in the league?

Unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility.

Our next league game looks a banker to get postponed too.

We've already played 2 games less than most of the clubs around us.

Unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility.

Our next league game looks a banker to get postponed too.

We've already played 2 games less than most of the clubs around us.

That's why I wondered if you'd taken the decision to not really kick up a fuss about having to play. I doubt Klopp will go full strength and if you played your first team there's every chance you'd win but if it's not a priority it's almost a free pass.

Feels inevitable unfortunately that football will stop soon.

I’m not going to lie aside from us being us, it’s really kept me going through these dark times and it’ll be another huge void personally when it does happen. That’s not to say I don’t agree that it should stop mind, with the cases as they are in the country and in football itself it seems madness that it is continuing and we’ve got managers questioning the morality of it now so a shutdown is coming, but it’s going to be a struggle

Can;t see how the Euros will go ahead this summer as it is.

If ever there was a time not to have a tournament spread across a continent

Things will be a lot different in June, the Euros will go ahead even if it's without fans in 1 country. Really should have cancelled all leagues last season and reduced the number of European games this season.

It’ll be scaled to one or two countries IMO. Even if nonfans can’t go we should be well enough vaccinated across Europe that it can take place in the same bubble scenario that was used for the CL/EL. I’ve got tickets but I know I’ll not be going but as long as it takes places I’m not too fussed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/08/premier-league-issue-enhanced-covid-rules-in-bid-to-avoid-suspension

Celtic have confirmed that one player has coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

How the fuck was that allowed to happen?

Celtic have confirmed that one player has coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

And if what's happened so far this season is anything to go by no action will be taken, while the St Mirrens and Kilmarnocks of the league get 3-0  results given against them when they've not been able to fulfil fixtures.

And if what's happened so far this season is anything to go by no action will be taken, while the St Mirrens and Kilmarnocks of the league get 3-0  results given against them when they've not been able to fulfil fixtures.

Not yet they haven’t

I still cannot believe they aren't being absolutely obliterated for that decision. It was so short-sighted and brainless :lol:

"But the latest lockdown did come when we were in Dubai, so we had travelled out there thinking everything was OK."

Is that a joke? It was an absolutely hideous situation when they left, the utter bastards, how dare they think they are above it.