Andy Cole

Paully

Guest firetotheworks

He was class for us but Beardsley deserves a lot of credit too for setting many of them up. Ruined everything by being a dick at Wembley.

Definitely, although it was a two-way thing with Cole and Beardsley. Remember Cole's assist vs QPR? Absolutely incredible goal.

Possibly still my favourite NUFC goal of all time, it's always the one that comes to mind.

It's fantastic like. Ginola vs Man United for me probably, but who cares, they're all incredible. Remember Rob Lee's second against West Ham away? Beardsley to Cole to Lee, all one touch, all just absolutely lethal. Incredible times like, I'm gushing a bit now.

My fav Andy Cole moment was when he and his bum buddy was sold because a 45 year old Sheringham kept showing him up on the pitch. Teddy took out two players even as a granddad. Cole wasn't special just a Stan Collymore without the mental breakdown.

WUMTastic.

Watching the Entertainers video the other day, I really did take it for granted when I was a kid like. It was just like 'ah yeah, Peter Beardsley' just totally spoilt by those two. They were absolutely lethal, the best partnership I've probably seen for us. I thought Bergkamp and Henry were better and I had them as my perfect duo, but I'm not sure they better link up play like. Those two were like one person.

Experiencing it as an adult was special. Watching that magic happen and appreciating how different it was from the norm, man. Thinking "OMG This has to get rammed in the long term memory because it won't last". Like a 2 year sporting orgasm :lol:

This. To those of us who thought being "spoilt" was Paul Goddard or Micky Quinn, it was unbelievable that we finally had a striker who simply looked unplayable - against anybody.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't recall that one off the top of my head like, probably a long time since I've seen it.

Just have a look for rob lee on youtube, it's one of the first ones I think.

My fave Toon player probably.

Will never forgive nor forget the Keegan s*** at Wembley with Manyoo. He was dead to me from that moment on.

I've softened since, he has sort of apologised for it in the past when pulled up about it at a talk in. Btw him and KK had a fall out, he didn't want to go to Man Utd. They didn't get on towards the end, although the two get on today and KK recently said he was a great player for him and a top lad.

Cole had a chip on his shoulder from an early age and that was one of the reasons he was released by Arsenal. Keegan reinvented him and fulfilled his early promise. You could compare this with the Ben Arfa situation at Newcastle today where Pardew would be George Graham trying to get rid of Cole for being a disruptive influence.

My fav Andy Cole moment was when he and his bum buddy was sold because a 45 year old Sheringham kept showing him up on the pitch. Teddy took out two players even as a granddad. Cole wasn't special just a Stan Collymore without the mental breakdown.

WUMTastic.

Beardsley made him, had everything handed on a plate at Manu as well. His international record speak volumes about him as a player.

Not a patch on shearer.

Guest Howaythetoon

WUMTastic.

Beardsley made him, had everything handed on a plate at Manu as well. His international record speak volumes about him as a player.

Not a patch on shearer.

Howay TT, fucking hell using Shearer as an example.

WUMTastic.

Not a patch on shearer.

Howay TT, fucking hell using Shearer as an example.

Ok, not a patch on Jermaine Beckford.

• 1 year later...

Get well soon, Andy, Andy Cole!

"In June of this year I suffered kidney failure, caused as a result of contracting an airborne virus and I have been under medical care ever since. I was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with a condition called Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. I spent close to three weeks in hospital under expert medical care, undergoing a kidney biopsy, temporary haemodialysis (dialysis) as well as plasmapheresis treatment.

"During this time I have been unable to work or to carry out my normal day to day activities and I am under close supervision from the renal team at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. I am on a course of medication including some very strong steroids which has led to the change in my appearance.

"I would like to thank Dr Mike Picton and his team at Manchester Royal Infirmary who have done a brilliant job in caring for me and who continue to aid my recovery.... the good news is that I am feeling better as each day passes and the consultant is hopeful that I will make a full recovery by next spring."