Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Ronaldo's man crush for Shawcross is well strange, somewhat creepy even.

He's at least a 7.5 out of 10 defender and a very good leader who happens to be the main reason only 4 teams conceded fewer goals than Stoke last season. If that constitutes a mancrush, fair play.

It's actually probably more creepy that the false 9 brigade advocate wasting money on players with no PL experience/aptitude instead of the likes of Shawcross.

Ronaldo's man crush for Shawcross is well strange, somewhat creepy even.

He's at least a 7.5 out of 10 defender and a very good leader who happens to be the main reason only 4 teams conceded fewer goals than Stoke last season. If that constitutes a mancrush, fair play.

It's actually probably more creepy that the false 9 brigade advocate wasting money on players with no PL experience/aptitude instead of the likes of Shawcross.

'Wasting money on players with no PL experience/aptitude' - well no, people just think we can do better. You've said it yourself - he's a 7.5/10 player. He plays for Stoke City and has zero international pedigree at the age of 27. Yes, he'd improve us, but so he fucking should considering he'd cost circa £15 million and our current CBs are an actual comedy.

No way is Shawcross overrated like. Not having that. I think he'd get into a Spurs team alongside Vertonghen and Liverpool with Skrtel. He'd be our most important signing of the summer if we got him. This point is moot though since he'd not take a sideways step.

Of course he's overrated because he'd cost circa £15 million despite having no international pedigree whatsoever and being shite with the ball. He'd cost a hell of a lot more than he's worth in terms of talent because he plays for a PL club who have no need to sell. Madrid got Varane for £6 million, Man City got Kompany for £6 million, Valencia got Otamendi for £8 million, Juve got Bonucci for £10 million, Atletico got Godin for £6.6 million. That's 5 of the best CBs in the world, just as a sample, unlike strikers they don't tend to cost huge money.

I think he's the type that would help Coloccini have one more season at this level too. If we're only getting one centre back this summer, he's the sort I'd go for. Then maybe look at that Nkoulou or someone similar next summer to replace Coloccini and pass the captaincy to Shawcross.

£15m is a bit much I agree, why you would care about him playing for England I don't know.

Well I think it reflects my own opinion of his ability level. He can't get close to the squad in an era where good English CBs are at a premium. He's not quick and poor on the ball. He'd improve our current defence, but so would any limited defender with a moducim of leadership and organisation about them so its hardly saying much. I think its crazy to suggest he'd be the 'perfect' signing as Ronaldo and O-Nut have put it.

But he's obviously good enough for England, it's just a bit of a closed shop, Hodgson would pick a cow if it had a Man U contract.

He got picked, came on and got thoroughly embarrassed. Hence why he hasnt been picked again.

Good PL defender though.

Of course he's overrated because he'd cost circa £15 million despite having no international pedigree whatsoever and being shite with the ball. He'd cost a hell of a lot more than he's worth in terms of talent because he plays for a PL club who have no need to sell. Madrid got Varane for £6 million, Man City got Kompany for £6 million, Valencia got Otamendi for £8 million, Juve got Bonucci for £10 million, Atletico got Godin for £6.6 million. That's 5 of the best CBs in the world, just as a sample, unlike strikers they don't tend to cost huge money.

I'm hoping you researched those numbers and don't keep such useless information stored upstairs. :lol:

No way is Shawcross overrated like. Not having that. I think he'd get into a Spurs team alongside Vertonghen and Liverpool with Skrtel. He'd be our most important signing of the summer if we got him. This point is moot though since he'd not take a sideways step.

This. He's a very solid defender in the sense that he commits very few individual errors. He may not have all the ability in the world, but what he can do, he does very well.

Shawcross would improve us, but if he was as good as some make out I think he'd have left Stoke by now. We should have signed Aldwerweireld when we had the chance, think he's a brilliant defender, or just kept MYM and coached him better.

I was gonna say. Cabaye looked like a white Drogba next to Anita.

I know it's not actually your point, but I've always been surprised about how relatively skinny Drogba is.  Obviously immensely strong, but never looked it.