Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

What are our prices compared to the rest of the mid-table clubs?

Our average (1 year standard) season ticket price is the 6th highest in the league. Only Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are more expensive.

Another Ashley myth is that he's made football more affordable as well.

If we were looking to break into the top 6 and use that money to attract those players you’d accept it.

Personally I wouldn't pay it no. We're not in a particularly wealthy area of the country here and the ticket prices are becoming unaffordable regardless of the clubs ambition.

Our average (1 year standard) season ticket price is the 6th highest in the league. Only Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are more expensive.

If we were looking to break into the top 6 and use that money to attract those players you’d accept it.

Maybe, but even then £600+ for a season ticket is not representative of working class people in the North East of England. I thought last season's increase was a bit much tbh, but I was paying for a junior's then.

Maybe, but even then £600+ for a season ticket is not representative of working class people in the North East of England. I thought last season's increase was a bit much tbh, but I was paying for a junior's then.

I’d personally pay £660 a year for a club with ambition, I wouldn’t pay £500 to watch Mike Ashley’s Newcastle.

Genuinely, how do people afford that? That's just unbelievable.

Funny how the game in England is obsessed with all this diversity/quota bollocks yet the very people that keep the game alive are not included when it comes to accessibility to watch. It's absolutely scandalous, but of course nothing will happen.

If the takeover doesn't happen that in itself should be the cue to jack in the ST's, but with this now in the mix how can anyone justify/afford this? Imagine if you're a dad/son(s) trying to go! Not a fucking hope.

Genuinely, how do people afford that? That's just unbelievable.

Funny how the game in England is obsessed with all this diversity/quota bollocks yet the very people that keep the game alive are not included when it comes to accessibility to watch. It's absolutely scandalous, but of course nothing will happen.

If the takeover doesn't happen that in itself should be the cue to jack in the ST's, but with this now in the mix how can anyone justify/afford this? Imagine if you're a dad/son(s) trying to go! Not a fucking hope.

It’s an extra £3-4 a week. I could make a weekly sacrifice of that amount if it meant loving going to the game again. I’m sure people could cut out that extra couple of pints pre or post match if it meant the enjoyment at the game again?

Sorry but anyone renewing at the minute wants their heads checked.  It's fucking mental, yet I assume there will be thousands.  Just this alone should be enough to put people off after the 20%(?) increase last season before you even consider the whole Rafa/no signings carry on.

Further proof (if needed) that he can literally do what he wants without any backlash.

Read comments elsewhere like "not bothered I'm on ten year fixed price" . What are they expecting when that ends and the jump in price will hit hard.

I thought with TV money and commercial ( not so much us ) being the source of the vast majority of Premier League clubs revenue that matchday income wasn't that significant? So why the price hike? Is it to cover our deficiencies commercially.

600 odd quid to sit in silence and boo misplaced passes. Sign me the fuck up.

You just know when your sat there amidst the barrage of SD signage watching damage limitation football being played out by a, largely Championship, side in a crowd so benign you wonder if the pre-Ashley era crowds were all just a figment of your imagination, that your witnessing Sports Direct Soccer. A bit like real Football, but with 60% off 

Read comments elsewhere like "not bothered I'm on ten year fixed price" . What are they expecting when that ends and the jump in price will hit hard.

I thought with TV money and commercial ( not so much us ) being the source of the vast majority of Premier League clubs revenue that matchday income wasn't that significant? So why the price hike? Is it to cover our deficiencies commercially.

you can summarise that as 'Because Mike is a cunt'

Deadline is July 4th, I can at least see what the situation with Rafa is before I decide to renew. Not that it’s much of a problem for me, I’d be paying by DD, so I could cancel anytime in anyway.

Deadline is July 4th, I can at least see what the situation with Rafa is before I decide to renew. Not that it’s much of a problem for me, I’d be paying by DD, so I could cancel anytime in anyway.

Does a deadline even mean anything? Or is it an issue for those on the price freezes?

Does a deadline even mean anything? Or is it an issue for those on the price freezes?

Yeah, means once it’s past they can sell your seat on. They usually extend the deadline though, and then even reserve it for a little while after that if you still haven’t renewed.

Beats spending it with old ball and chain. Am I rite guys.

I'm sure alot of us know of lads like this. I do, and I've said to them for years just fucking pretend you have the season ticket then go to town and stay in the pubs all day. Much better experience. Also click on the season ticket money. Everyone's a winner.

Good to know I can renew the ticket I cancelled in January, in the unlikely event this summer takes a positive turn. :lol:

Were you on the long-term plan?

I was indeed. Fully expecting a price hike, of course.

Why anyone would buy a season ticket to No Comment United at the moment with so much in the air I cannot fathom. Also if you hate your Mrs that much that you'd rather watch Curbishly relegate a MA team then it's probably time you reevaluate your relationship.