Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Possibly lost in translation, but I'm not sure why he's saying the Everton comeback is not something that happened to us before.

We haven't done it since Bobby was in charge, so it hasn't happened to this team before, or for 15 years

Okay.....

Completely irrelevant but in my last FM game Perez ended up as a 25 goal a season beast that ended up winning the Ballon D'or by 2022, getting called up to the Spain squad for the WC in Qatar, came off the bench for his first cap in the final and scored the winner.

Possibly the most unrealistic save I've ever had on it though. Atsu ended up 2018 Ballon D'or winner and Pep turned Borussia Monchengladbach into a European powerhouse inside the first two seasons.

I've just sold Matt Ritchie to Chelsea for 107million.

Completely irrelevant but in my last FM game Perez ended up as a 25 goal a season beast that ended up winning the Ballon D'or by 2022, getting called up to the Spain squad for the WC in Qatar, came off the bench for his first cap in the final and scored the winner.

Possibly the most unrealistic save I've ever had on it though. Atsu ended up 2018 Ballon D'or winner and Pep turned Borussia Monchengladbach into a European powerhouse inside the first two seasons.

You win!  :lol:

Guest godzilla

just read his interview with Marca in spain.

definitely looks like he is waiting for a big move.

NEWS

Ayoze Perez gives new big interview to Spanish media – Interesting answers

1 HOUR AGO  4 COMMENTS SHARE   

Ayoze Perez has been speaking to the Spanish media.

After scoring twice and getting an assist in the 3-2 win over Everton, the Newcastle striker has given a big interview to Marca.

The interview is just ahead of the next Spain squad being announced, so the forward quizzed on that.

Also about his club future and what he sees happening…

In the meantime he credits Rafa Benitez and is hoping Rondon is signed on permanently.

Interesting stuff from the man of the moment.

Ayoze Perez speaking to Marca:

Scoring two goals and giving an assist when losing 0-2 to Everton and won 3-2. How did it feel?

“It was incredible, I will not forget it in my life.

“It is one of those games that mark you. Newcastle, from what I read, had never achieved a comeback of this kind in the Premier era. In the second part we took a step forward, we scored early 1-2 and this encouraged us to believe.

“It was brutal to live it and be the protagonist. More so, before our fans, who never fail … even in the most complicated situations.”

Incredible also beating Manchester City?

“Yes, above all, unexpected.

“When Aguero scored 24 seconds after a concentration error, many things happen to your head and your approach changes.

“We were able, however, to continue competing, to make them feel uncomfortable and we knew how to take advantage of our opportunities.

“Winning against City has been a turning point in our season.”

In the last 10 matches you have scored five goals and one assist. It seems that the best is always reserved for the end.

“It’s not something I look for but it’s true that I usually finish very well. Starting in December, I play better, the goals come in, the numbers square …”

What has changed for the Ayoze that left Tenerife at 20 years old?

“I’ve realised that those kinds of moves I played in Segunda {Spanish second tier} can not be done in an elite League like the Premier League.

“I have improved physically and, above all, in making decisions. The experience makes you read the game better and decide faster.”

How has Benítez improved Newcastle and Ayoze?

“Since he arrived, we have improved in many aspects. Especially tactical.

“The idea is to minimise the failures in defence because we have quality to create chances and win games. So we have done well so far.”

Luis García says you deserves an opportunity in the national team. What do you think?

“I appreciate the words of Luis García. We know how big it is and it means a lot to me.

“He sees me play and he knows that I have not always been able to develop my football, how much I sacrifice myself and that, in the five years that I have been here, I have always tried to give the maximum.”

Are you waiting for Luis Enrique’s squad with impatience?

“I work to be there some day. Obviously, I know it’s complicated because there are many players but I try to make merits so they can see what I can be.”

Do you feel that you are ready to play with Spain?

“Of course. I am ready and with a tremendous hope of being able to see myself in a squad of Spain. It would be incredible for me. I, in any case, keep fighting. I hope it happens.”

“Do you feel that you are valued more outside than in Spain?

“It is difficult to answer. I left the team from my home very young and never got to play in La Liga. Yes I can say that here they have treated me great (in England).”

In Newcastle you have become a veteran.

“Yes, I have lived in Newcastle a very important stage of my life. I have grown and matured here. In fact, I’m the second player with the most time in the squad. The Hispanics even tell me that I should have to be captain general [smiles].”

Would you like to return to Spain?

“Yes. I am very grateful to Newcastle but it is obvious that some day I would like to come back and play in La Liga.”

There have been plenty of suitors: Everton, Tottenham … What does the future hold?

“To this day, I do not know. I hope something very good. I believe that I have made merit these five years so that a good opportunity presents itself.”

How about the duo formed with Rondón?

“I would say we make a very good pair. He is a great player. He makes other players better. I feel very comfortable playing with him, we understand each other well. Hopefully Newcastle can close his permanent signing.”

No big club will touch him until he performs at a high level over a full season and not just a few games.

You win!  :lol:

Nah. Cunts have only gone and put a transfer embargo in place, pending a takeover, which collapsed. So mine couldn't be further from unrealistic.

You need to turn your currency from THB to GBP  ;-)

Scoring two goals and giving an assist when losing 0-2 to Everton and won 3-2. How did it feel?

“It was incredible, I will not forget it in my life.

“It is one of those games that mark you. Newcastle, from what I read, had never achieved a comeback of this kind in the Premier era. In the second part we took a step forward, we scored early 1-2 and this encouraged us to believe.

Fuck's he on aboot?

We were 3-1 down to Leicester and came back to win 4-3.

:thup: Same scenario at Leeds away in the fixture a few days after we won 3-1 at Highbury.

Took us to the top of the league that one didn't it?

The win at Highbury did the first time wed won in London for fucking ages too top at Xmas and new year

Guest neesy111

:thup: Same scenario at Leeds away in the fixture a few days after we won 3-1 at Highbury.

The win at Highbury did the first time wed won in London for fucking ages too top at Xmas and new year

We weren't top at New Year IIRC lost the game before it.

the leeds game was the best away match i'v ever been to, but the whole week was just unbelievable. just an amazing few days.

ashley, you c**t.

The win at Highbury did the first time wed won in London for f***ing ages too top at Xmas and new year

the leeds game was the best away match i'v ever been to, but the whole week was just unbelievable. just an amazing few days.

ashley, you c**t.

Same, when Nobby slotted that, scenes in our end.

The win at Highbury did the first time wed won in London for f***ing ages too top at Xmas and new year

ashley, you c**t.

Same, when Nobby slotted that, scenes in our end.

aye, nobby was just so calm - stood there with his arms out while the whole lot of us were going absilutelty mental. am sure i actually cried.