Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I like Ritchie but I think he's served his purpose here - got us promoted, kept us up, chipped in with the odd goal. He's a steady enough and grafts plenty, but any club with an ounce of ambition would have replaced him with better by now.

I like Ritchie but I think he's served his purpose here - got us promoted, kept us up, chipped in with the odd goal. He's a steady enough and grafts plenty, but any club with an ounce of ambition would have replaced him with better by now.

120+ pages on Matt Ritchie - couldn't be arsed to read through any of it. Wasn't sure if people on here rated him or not, hence the explanation of why I'd bin him off. Seems most agree already, thankfully.

Fuck Ritchie tbh.

Guest neesy111

He has done is service and shouldn't be on a new contract. More silly decisions being made.

Exactly this, I like Ritchie and he did carry us through the 2nd half of the championship season but he's utterly one dimensional.  Any other club would be looking to upgrade.

If both have taken pay cuts and are going to be back up players it’s a good move.

Probably haven’t though

They could play for free for all I care, but not for us. Neither are good enough, even as backup. Shelvey is shit coming off the bench and not good enough to start. Ritchie is just shit.

I personally don't mind this decision to be honest, he should never be first choice but as a back up that can play in multiple decision, he's more then serviceable, kind of like a shot James Milner, and it's only an extra 2 years.