Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Have other clubs refunded season tickets for this season? Is it just Newcastle that haven't?  If the season is completed it's pretty clear now it will be in empty stadiums.  Surely they know enough now to refund people- its criminal really in this climate to be sitting on the cash.

Have other clubs refunded season tickets for this season? Is it just Newcastle that haven't?  If the season is completed it's pretty clear now it will be in empty stadiums.  Surely they know enough now to refund people- its criminal really in this climate to be sitting on the cash.

I’m not sure many, if any, have actually refunded yet, but I believe some/most have put out communication as to the fact refunds will given if/when games are voided or played BCD.

Obviously we’re not doing communication at the minute.

It’s got to be said that despite all the optimism that this prospective takeover has brought, the infighting between fans on social media has been disgusting. Some of those who kept tickets have (mainly) acted like complete and utter arseholes when it’s been mentioned that those who left/boycotted should be ‘allowed’ back.

I agree the fairest thing to do is general sale but the comments I’ve seen are downright insulting. The fact many believe those who jacked in done so because NUFC were ‘shit’ - completely ignoring most would have kept their tickets twice in the Championship. There was me believing we would finally have a united fanbase once more. It’s a massive shame what Ashley has done to the mentality of us.

It’s got to be said that despite all the optimism that this prospective takeover has brought, the infighting between fans on social media has been disgusting. Some of those who kept tickets have (mainly) acted like complete and utter arseholes when it’s been mentioned that those who left/boycotted should be ‘allowed’ back.

I agree the fairest thing to do is general sale but the comments I’ve seen are downright insulting. The fact many believe those who jacked in done so because NUFC were ‘shit’ - completely ignoring most would have kept their tickets twice in the Championship. There was me believing we would finally have a united fanbase once more. It’s a massive shame what Ashley has done to the mentality of us.

It's going to take so time to heal the divisions he's caused. It won't be a quick process either, as whatever they decide to regarding ST's there'll be a bit of hoo-har and certain people will feel hard done by.

But we'll get there. One day we'll all be friends again....

Oliver seems to have a very low threshold for something being ‘classy’...

Not to say it’s not obviously the right thing to do by Everton, it’s just that they’ve probably only done something that will become inescapable in a week a or so.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not to say it’s not obviously the right thing to do by Everton, it’s just that they’ve probably only done something that will become inescapable in a week a or so.

https://www.football365.com/news/football-charity-coronavirus-opinion

I find it staggering, unhealthy and absurd how the game and footballers are held to this bull shit accountability and looked to to save the universe, wipe out viruses, pay for the NHS, home the homeless, feed Africa etc. etc.

The game and footballers as crazy as the money involved in the sport is, does far more good for communities, people, charities and other causes than most. The game, as an industry/community lead and still does lead the way in tackling racism not just in the game, but in society, schools and other sport, for example.

Meanwhile up and down other industries the country over, councils, parliament...

Zero hour contracts, closures of youth clubs, zero funding for school sports, rampant right wing hate, xenophobia, homophobia, racism, wars on the working class, the homeless, addicts, the jobless, everything.

But hey, footballers get paid too much, give their wage to the NHS, or something!

Fuck off!

https://www.football365.com/news/football-charity-coronavirus-opinion

I see his point overall but I thought NUFC had been working with the food bank long before this pandemic started.

Guest neesy111

Has the club said anything at all regarding Man City cup game and Bournemouth away?

Is there anyone working at the club?

Has the club said anything at all regarding Man City cup game and Bournemouth away?

Is there anyone working at the club?

Good point :lol: Thought with social media returning a little bit they might of had at least one person answering queries.

I think once the games are officially announced as bcd/voided they’ll put out something about refunds. Of course it would have been helpful if they’d just said this was the case two month ago...

Have the Premier League not already said the games to see the season out will be behind closed doors?

Well, yes and no. I mean they obviously will be, but they haven’t confirmed when or where at, so officially no announcement has been made.

I got Bournemouth refunds by doing chargebacks with Amex/Revolut (bought tickets in different tranches due to the points requirements). In future I will be doing it all through Amex as that was much less fiddly - they turned it around in 24 hours.

Tempted to try and do the same for 5/19ths of the Season Ticket just to see how that would work.

I got Bournemouth refunds by doing chargebacks with Amex/Revolut (bought tickets in different tranches due to the points requirements). In future I will be doing it all through Amex as that was much less fiddly - they turned it around in 24 hours.

Tempted to try and do the same for 5/19ths of the Season Ticket just to see how that would work.

To be honest mate, if you don't need the money right now, I would wait. They will refund us eventually (even if the takeover didn't go through).

You don't want to do anything that could effect your ST renewal or anything. I know it shouldn't but....

Guest neesy111

Businesses take dim views of people doing chargebacks.  Although they should be refunding by now.