Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Yellow football boots - awful

He's got great feet - obviously - he's a pro footballer!

Mike Parry(Talksport) & his Wayne Rooney love affair

Frank Lampard

Jonathan Pearce and his love affair with Arsenal

David Pleat changing a players name every time he mentions it

Fulhams ground - looks like its made of Lego

All things Tottenham

Music after goals

The constant media hype that surrounds the completely over rated England team - England are NOT world class

JOhn Motson's voice - ohhhhhhhhhhh what do you make of that Mark

The sign on the ground as the players come out at West Ham, that says something stupid like 'welcome to the academy of football' - f**k off your s**t!

Graham Poll thinking he's the main attraction

Dances and prances and poncey little things like that on celebrations can be pulled off if it's quick and subtle. Like Martins against Spurs at home.

God i love that guy.

He did that thing for ages when he scored against Juve for inter and the collapsed on the floor. Great celebration :D

Nicky Butt's little backwards dance thing has been celebration of the season, imo.

Anyway:

* Motson

* 'Lawro'

* Shit Lineker gags

* Lineker's false modesty (ALWAYS followed by either Hansen or Motson saying, 'You're being a bit modest there, Gary, you were GEET LUSH' or similar),

* Desperate fans shouting for handball everytime the ball hits an oppo player

* Defenders waving their feckin' hands instead of playing football

* Robbie Savage

* Smarmy refs

* English FA: a load of shit

* Rubbish attempts at authentic pronounciation of foreigners names

* 'Little triangles, 'the hole just behind the front two', 'running from deep'

* Newcastle throw-ins

Lots more besides.

Everton, Watford, Bolton, Fulham and Arsenal for having such c***ish players, managers and fans. p.s. i especially hate everton and arsenal.

General Newcastle set plays tbh.

One thing that annoys me on here is the fact that (to me) Emre puts in as much effort as Parker per game but it only gets recognised by a few.

Agree with that on Emre. He really works his socks off all the time.

People, especially commentators, who miss the end of a team's name off when there's two teams with the same name: "We're playing Sheffield at the weekend" "Manchester were all over them". Doesn't tend to be as bad for the Manc teams tbf, but Sheffield really gets my goat, be even worse if I were a Wednesday fan.

I've found women to be particularly bad for this.[/generalisation]

Scoreboards with cheesy CG graphics like the ones you get on the screens at bowling alleys - A CGI version of a mascot like "Hamton the Hammer" or whatever running along and scoring a goal and the letters "G-O-A-L!" slamming into position.  In fact, add mascots in big furry suits in general to that as well, so glad we got rid of Mongo and Milly the magpies or wahtever they were called.

And, of course, Detective Inspector Shitcock and PC Fuckwit parking their big f****** riot van right in the bottle neck outside the east stand and causing a massive crush.  Then putting their blue lights on and trying to get out by edging fowards and running over all the people they've trapped.  Nice one twatface, MBE in the New Years honours list for sure.

People, especially commentators, who miss the end of a team's name off when there's two teams with the same name: "We're playing Sheffield at the weekend" "Manchester were all over them". Doesn't tend to be as bad for the Manc teams tbf, but Sheffield really gets my goat, be even worse if I were a Wednesday fan.

I've found women to be particularly bad for this.[/generalisation]

:lol: Wimen to do that a lot.

• 2 years later...

Time wasting and when commentators claim that time wasting is "part of the game" and "you can't blame them for it".  It's cheating.  I've no issue with players taking the ball to the corner flag as it is within the laws of the game, but taking forever to take a throw-in or free kick is blatant cheating.  Also each late substitution is supposed to add another 30 seconds to the time played, but this never ends up being the case.  Paul Jewel's teams were the kings of this rubbish.

Guest GAMMELL

Transfer windows and the epic wankfest surrounding it thanks to SSN

Andy Grey

Jon Champion

Scouse k*nts

Grand slam sunday  :lol:

glory hunting bastart supoorters

deckyno 9 O0

Guest Roger Kint

Pretty much everything in the first 7 posts are huge pet hates for me. Ashley17 your dad isnt alone, it really fucking grates on me when Guthrie(every bloody time) does it.

ITV Champions League games where its just a Man Utd wankathon and the whole media obsession with Liverpool and Benitez get on my tits too.