Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle United - 09/01/2021 - post match p17 onwards

Disco

It’s sad when our expectations have been lowered that much that a 2-0 defeat at arsenal is a good result.

It's sad that Bruce will have been cursing about the second goal spoiling what would have been a heroic narrow defeat in extra time.

They were the better side, but it's disappointing to lose when the first goal was conceded from such a bad mistake.

That's the best I've seen Hendrick play. He actually looked like he wanted to be there.

We find it so difficult to secure our own ball from throw-ins, really because we struggle to retain the ball under pressure in tight spaces. It's awful to watch.

Guest neesy111

Shearer just talking about more effort and running. 

Said the players aren't good enough basically, they should be trying to push forward more. Nothing to do with Bruce.

It's no wonder he wanted souness in when he got the job.

Ran outta Greggs

Only bought a cheese n onion, a steak and a chicken plus obligatory deck of 4 sausage rolls which disappeared in 90 mins.

"Gregg's is on fire,

Stevie Bruce is terrified."

:lol: Stifler has to be taking the piss by having a pop at the referee after EVERY game.

Referee’s are fucking wank man.

They went down under every challenge and the referee bought it every time.

Carrol’s booking was shambolic, yet Willock took Almirón out from behind without any intent of getting the ball 3 times and never got booked.

We find it so difficult to secure our own ball from throw-ins, really because we struggle to retain the ball under pressure in tight spaces. It's awful to watch.

This boggles me almost every match (every opponent who bothers to watch our match tapes). There are simply no throw in routines in our repertoire. If the bad guys mark up, the Toon thrower has a visible thought balloon saying “What do I do?”

Very much on in the background for me in the second half and beyond; the result is no disgrace, obviously, but at the end of the day we got knocked out and, bar a couple of good chances, we couldn't force the issue against a misfiring Arsenal team who've proven countless times this season that they're very beatable. Pretty rubbish on the whole, again. Won't affect us against Sheffield United, mind. They're historically bad.

Refereeing against Arsenal has always been disgusting, never get fuck all against them.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

When we get our takeover I hope these cunts fucking suffer and become the bastard yo yo club they deserve to be.

He's still raging about Ginola not being allowed to play football.

To be fair, so am I. The angriest a ref has ever made me.And I still hate Lee Dixon specifically because of that game.

Guest neesy111

Refereeing against Arsenal has always been disgusting, never get fuck all against them.

Absolute fucking disgrace.

When we get our takeover I hope these cunts fucking suffer and become the bastard yo yo club they deserve to be.

He's still raging about Ginola not being allowed to play football.

To be fair, so am I. The angriest a ref has ever made me.And I still hate Lee Dixon specifically because of that game.

Not the only one.  Ruined Ginola, never the same player.

Always remember the class of KK at full time. The interviewer was asking him what he thought about the ref and instead he put his arm around a passing Ian Wright and said "talk to this man, he's some player and was the match winner tonight."