The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

With the old season over, it's time for a new betting thread for a new season. Hence I've closed the old one and started this. :thup: Now come on people, let's start losing all our money for another year!

Er, isn't the WC part of the 2009-2010 season?

Why not start a WC betting thread? :)

'cause the season is over when the CL is over, at least in my book. :lol: And I don't think the WC is really part of any "season"? It's just in between them?

Albeit I might have jumped the gun with a few days :lol: old one didn't start until sometime in June IIRC. Don't know when the 08-09 one started.

'cause the season is over when the CL is over, at least in my book. :lol: And I don't think the WC is really part of any "season"? It's just in between them?

Albeit I might have jumped the gun with a few days :lol: old one didn't start until sometime in June IIRC. Don't know when the 08-09 one started.

Might start calling you bigchrisfgb O0

Might start calling you bigchrisfgb O0

With the exception I'm the one usually starting these threads. O0 So why not just talk about betting before this thread gets ruined by nonsense? :)

Norwegian matches being played tonight, so here's a short rundown for the ones interested. Odds are from Unibet at the time of posting.

3pm Kick-Off:

Stabæk - Start

1.75 - 3.50 - 4.65

Whilst the odds are implying this is a pretty much safe bet, it's far from the truth. Start have been a team that's very on/off for most part of the season, and  Stabæk have been having a very bad season so far. Though, now they have their X factor back with Daniel Nannskog returning from injury to start this match, and if he manages to link up with Pall Gunnarson like they used to back in 2008 (Pall Gunnarson was at Nancy for the 2009 season), it should be great to watch. It's a tough one, but if you want another match to your acc, add this one.

5pm Kick-Off:

Aalesund - Strømsgodset

1.75 - 3.60 - 4.50

Another match you feel like you could call by just looking at the odds, and sure, Aalesund should win this looking at their home form and Strømsgodsets away form. But football is a funny game, and whilst Aalesund have been losing their cool over the last few rounds, Strømsgodset have started to find theirs with their very, very young team. That said, if I had to choose, I would choose Aalesund. Though a cheeky single bet on Strømsgodset at these odds perhaps could be a good thing.

Haugesund - Sandefjord

1.65 - 3.65 - 5.15

Haugesund are undefeated at home for over a year, and even managed to keep Rosenborg to a draw at their home ground. Though, one could easily assume that was because their pitch looks like a shithole shat on it. Sandefjord are a nothing team this season, and are looking destined for the drop. Haugesund will keep on picking up the points at home since they rarely get any away. Easy home win.

Hønefoss - Brann

2.80 - 3.35 - 2.40

Brann have just sacked their manager, but have not hired a new one. Still, against Hønefoss, a team that's been the definition of shit this season they should still be getting enough energy from the sacking of their manager to manager to sneak themselves three points away from home. If you are a cautious man, play with dnb.

Kongsvinger - Molde

3.10 - 3.40 - 2.20

While Molde have no doubt had a shit season so far compared to last year, they've been picking up the pace over the last couple of round, and should easily dispatch of the sorry excuse for a Norwegian Tippeligaen team that Kongsvinger is.

Tromsø - Vålerenga

2.00 - 3.45 - 3.50

Tromsø are at the top of the league due to playing Big Sam football, and should be able to beat Vålerenga on a good day. On the other hand, if Vålerenga have a good day, they have the players to beat almost any team in the league. It's a hard one to call, and I'd only bet on Tromsø if I really had to, otherwise I'd leave this one off my acc.

7pm Kick-Off:

Viking - Rosenborg

2.75 - 3.35 - 2.45

The last match of the Rosenborg manager before leaving for the Sweden job full time, and I imagine his players want to give him a fond farewell. Though, Viking have been very good at home this season, and have yet to lose. On the other hand, Rosenborg have yet to lose this season full stop, and have only really lost one match in the last two years. They should on paper win this easily, but they have been prone to a few draws. Play Rosenborg dnb, and you should be secure.

Single:

Strømsgodset

£10 @ 4.50 returns £45

Double:

Haugesund

Molde

£10 @ 3.63 returns £36.3

Treble:

Haugesund

Molde

Brann

£10 @ 8.71 returns £87.1

Quadruple:

Haugesund

Molde

Brann

Rosenborg dnb

£10 @ 15.16 returns £151.6

Dare to Dream:

Haugesund -1

Molde -1

Brann -1

Rosenborg -1

£10 @ 267 returns £2670

Personally I have these on for the Norwegian matches:

Haugesund

Molde

Brann

Rosenborg dnb

£25 returns £379

Haugesund -1

Molde -1

Brann -1

Rosenborg -1

£5 returns £1335

Haugesund -1

Brann -1

Molde -1

Rosenborg dnb

£10 returns £989

Guest Supersylt

None of the Norwegian games today is worth playing imo. If I am going to pick one match I will bet Stabæk to beat Start.

I also find good value in betting on a draw between Viking and Rosenborg. I would say it is more value in some of the games from the first division, where I will back Bryne, Alta, Løv Ham and Sarpsborg to win.

Guest Supersylt

Cheers Kaiz

Tempted to dare to dream today like!

I can`t see him win on any of these bets.

Haugesund are favourites to win, but I think Sandefjord is going to start taking points again soon. Even though Haugesund his pretty decent at home, I don`t find any value in 1.65.

Brann has been awful this season. They have 0-1-4 away from home so far this season. They sacked their manager a few days ago, but that doesn`t allways help when the team is shit. Lost against a team from the forth tier in the cup in the midweek. It is possible that they will hit back in this match, but not worth playing @ 2.40.

Molde was good last season, but haven`t followed up this season. They have some of their best players injured and have 0-3-3 away this season. If I was to pick one of the teams I would have picked Molde, but 2.20 is not good enough to bet on a team with 3 points from 6 away matches so far.

Rosenborg is the best team in the league, but they have been variable this season. 6-6-0 and 2-4-0 away. Viking is the team with the best form in the league with 4-2-0 in their last six. More value in draw @ 3.35 in my opinion, but Rosenborg draw no bet is also a good option.

I usually never play the away team to win, and never picks more than one away team to win on the same coupon. Three away wins where the away teams in total have 2 wins out of 17 matches is way to risky for me

Cheers Kaiz

Tempted to dare to dream today like!

I can`t see him win on any of these bets.

Haugesund are favourites to win, but I think Sandefjord is going to start taking points again soon. Even though Haugesund his pretty decent at home, I don`t find any value in 1.65.

Brann has been awful this season. They have 0-1-4 away from home so far this season. They sacked their manager a few days ago, but that doesn`t allways help when the team is shit. Lost against a team from the forth tier in the cup in the midweek. It is possible that they will hit back in this match, but not worth playing @ 2.40.

Molde was good last season, but haven`t followed up this season. They have some of their best players injured and have 0-3-3 away this season. If I was to pick one of the teams I would have picked Molde, but 2.20 is not good enough to bet on a team with 3 points from 6 away matches so far.

Rosenborg is the best team in the league, but they have been variable this season. 6-6-0 and 2-4-0 away. Viking is the team with the best form in the league with 4-2-0 in their last six. More value in draw @ 3.35 in my opinion, but Rosenborg draw no bet is also a good option.

I usually never play the away team to win, and never picks more than one away team to win on the same coupon. Three away wins where the away teams in total have 2 wins out of 17 matches is way to risky for me

My record speaks for itself so far. Only struck out twice of nine (eleven counting the cup rounds) times this season. We'll see, not wanting to be cocky but I'm on a Norwegian roll. :lol: (though my cockyness probably have jinxed my luck now :undecided:)

Guest Supersylt

Let`s hope your lucky today then :) Even tho I doubt it. Didn`t mean to be critical, just wanted to give you my view on the games. 

All views are awesome :thup:

Though I can counter some of your views, Kongsvinger have 0-2-4 at home and Brann have a much better team, they just need to click, which history shows teams tend to do right after manager sackings. Hønefoss have 1-1-3 at home, but their win was against one of the two sides in the league shitter than them. Molde as well only need to click, and given the quality of both Brann and Molde's opposition compared to the quality within Molde and Brann's squads, even at these odds it's a fairly easy choice. Hell, the high odds makes it even better as there's more to win. And I don't bet draws, only dnb, which we agree is a decent choice for the Rosenborg match.

And thinking Sandefjord is going to start taking points away at Haugesund is just downright silly, sorry. :lol:

I'm now stuck in a dilemma. What to do... :frantic:

I won't say trust me since that'll backfire if my advice fucks up. :lol: But I'll say I'd put my money on it, which I have. So it's up to you if you want to risk losing it with me or winning with me. :lol:

The number one rule of betting is that you don't bet unless you have reasonable info of the teams...so on that count I will wait for the World Cup...can't even pronounce the names of those Norwegian teams!

The number one rule of betting is that you don't bet unless you have reasonable info of the teams...so on that count I will wait for the World Cup...can't even pronounce the names of those Norwegian teams!

i now have decent info on the norwegian league but when i started betting on it  all i had was league placings, recent form guide etc and i've always ended in profit from it (unlike the swedish league)