The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Got £180 on Rosenborg beating Vålerenga away in the Norwegian Prem tonight, pays £387  O0

Pretty confident then? I've been having a lot of good luck with the brazilian league this summer. Seems to be quite consistent  in terms of form.

Got £180 on Rosenborg beating Vålerenga away in the Norwegian Prem tonight, pays £387  O0

Pretty confident then? I've been having a lot of good luck with the brazilian league this summer. Seems to be quite consistent  in terms of form.

Unbeaten for 15 games, 5 straight wins. And not just that, playing the opponents off the park with big wins as well. Vålerenga as inconsistent as shite. I'm as confident as I could possibly be. :aww:

And I've always viewed the Brazilian league as really inconsistent. Which teams are the top performers? Might check it out more O0

Rosenborg win 2-1 scoring the winning goal three minutes into added time after coming back from 0-1. Class. Very nice. Don't think I've in my lifetime ever seen a Norwegian football club play this good football.

Rosenborg win 2-1 scoring the winning goal three minutes into added time after coming back from 0-1. Class. Very nice. Don't think I've in my lifetime ever seen a Norwegian football club play this good football.

Looks like the majority of your season ticket has been paid for.

Unbeaten for 15 games, 5 straight wins. And not just that, playing the opponents off the park with big wins as well. Vålerenga as inconsistent as shite. I'm as confident as I could possibly be. :aww:

And I've always viewed the Brazilian league as really inconsistent. Which teams are the top performers? Might check it out more O0

Not sure anymore tbh because a few managers have been sacked. Santos have been solid at home for me and I can't remember who it was but it might have been Flamengo were on a terrible run and the bookies still had them as favourites most games.

Guest ObaStar

Gonna stick 20 quid on..

Liverpool, Newcastle, MK Dons, Shrewsbury, Rangers, Barcelona and Inter to win their leagues.

Returns £300,000 like..

I would have Chelsea or Man U for the title and Real in spain for sure

Gonna stick 20 quid on..

Liverpool, Newcastle, MK Dons, Shrewsbury, Rangers, Barcelona and Inter to win their leagues.

Returns £300,000 like..

but then he'd only win £82.40p

Gonna stick 20 quid on..

Returns £300,000 like..

Chelsea maybe, but imo there's no way Man Utd will win the league.  They'll be lucky to get someone even as half as good to replace Ronaldo, and Rooney's not good enough to carry them the way he did.  Tevez will also be badly missed, his work rate is phenomenal.  Puts Berbatov to shame.

Man U have got an awful lot of work to do in order to win the league again. They're going to need to bring in 3 players from outside england to fill the gap they now have in their squad.

Will feguson get those signings right?

Will those players immediately adapt to the premiership?

Doubtful, for both. Chelsea or Liverpool's year for me

I honestly believe both Chelsea and Liverpool (if Torres and Gerrard play 30 games together) will reach the 90 point mark next season. If Man U want to equal what they achieved last season they're going to have to find a player who score and create a combined 35 in the league, not mention a replacement for Tevez's industry. Tough, tough task, even for the best.

Selling Ronaldo changes everything, he was their best player and one that cant really be replaced

He can't be replaced because he was their best player? Can't agree with that to be honest.

Selling Ronaldo changes everything, he was their best player and one that cant really be replaced

He can't be replaced because he was their best player? Can't agree with that to be honest.

I never said that. I said he couldn't be replaced

The reason being, there is nobody in the world they could acquire with anywhere near Ronaldo's effectiveness

The reason being, there is nobody in the world they could acquire with anywhere near Ronaldo's effectiveness

but perversly as a team they might be better because of it. (more room for rooney as last season it seemed only ronaldo was allowed to wander and man utd's strength has always been movement aswell as discipline)

There certainly is but that player is quite frankly unbuyable.

Rooney will do well and so will Man U, I just cant see them winning the league

The game against Villa in April is a case in point, they were absolutely shit that day and so was Ronaldo, yet two moments of magic from him allowed them to win 3-2. They wont be winning those games next season

There certainly is but that player is quite frankly unbuyable.

you must have missed the part in bold

backed brazil to win. i thought 1/2 was a great price (£30stake).  at half time i had a tenner on them to win the cup, got 3-1.

I had about a fiver on them to win in 90mins after about 50mins, got 4.8 on betfair. Probably my best ever bet.