Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Kevin Keegan is ready to swoop for the new Didier Drogba - powerful St Etienne hitman Bafetimbi Gomis - in a stunning £12million splash for Newcastle United.

Keegan is due to fly to France this weekend to give his final blessing to the move, set up by the new Toon spying team. St Etienne have already said no to a £7m offer from Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/02/29/kev-s-baf-time-89520-20335457/

£12million seems like alot, he any good like?

Says this on Wikipedia:

In February 2008 the French football magazine L'Equipe stated that Paul Le Guen had been keeping tabs on the powerful striker during his time with Rangers, and as a result the current Rangers manager Walter Smith has also openly admitted his desire to sign Gomis in the summer. St-Étienne are holding out for a price of £3.3 million, negotiations are set to begin in the summer window.

On Februrary 29, 2008 The Daily Mirror reported Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan was planning a £12 Million bid for Gomis.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

They play Nice on Sunday night. Rather disturbed they have an "ASSE Kids club" on the homepage!

Aren't they linked with Boro?

he's very raw, dodgy touch, gangly, awkward, but also strong, and fast. bit like a kenwyne jones type. scored a good goal at the weekend dribbling past a few players and hitting a shot right into the side netting. never worth £12m tho and i'd like us to buy a more outright creative striker with a bit of skill and guile, rather than a direct, battering ram type. as an alan smith replacement he'd be good.

he's very raw, dodgy touch, gangly, awkward, but also strong, and fast. bit like a kenwyne jones type. scored a good goal at the weekend dribbling past a few players and hitting a shot right into the side netting. never worth £12m tho and i'd like us to buy a more outright creative striker with a bit of skill and guile, rather than a direct, battering ram type. as an alan smith replacement he'd be good.

he looked like a poor man's shola ameobi when he first started. but fair play to him, he's improved a lot since then.

Sounds a bit like Adebayor when he joined Arsenal.

Manufacturer of one of Bluestar's shirts FTW!

I'll have you know my lookie-likey from behind the bar actually turned up in a shirt from (I presume) the same eBay seller, but in blue and with much bigger koi carp on it.  So I've started a trend  :laugh2:

Anyway, Bafe, Bafetimbi, Bafe, Bafetimbi, Bafe, Bafetimbi. Bafetimbi Gomis... Aye, kind of works, get him signed up.  :thup: