Newcastle United 2-1 AFC Bournemouth - 09/11/19 - post match from p8

Disco

I like .com I would go on it regularly I do think they go easy on the current  regime and bruce/McClaren/pardew or any of the  other managers we've had in the last 10 years, but when you go back and read match  reports especially from around the early 00s they are really sore on shepherd and sir Bobby

NUFC.com is just two lads running a website. Yes they make some dollars from advertising etc. If you think they have any kind of agenda other than supporting Newcastle United, you’re sadly mistaken.

Couple of blinkered fans. Same as most who still

Follow NUFC. Short term mentality.

Since people are commenting on it, I've read the NUFC.com report. I don't agree, but I don't think it's too bad.

Personally, I would criticize Bruce yesterday for us playing a lot of aimless hoofball once we were ahead, giving the ball away all the time and inviting pressure. However, I would praise him more for us scoring from set pieces. Along with the defensive lockdowns Rafa achieved, scoring from set pieces is a classic overachieve/paper over the cracks with limited players approach. Bournemouth's opener too was a fine example, but set pieces demonstrate whether a team is being coached. They were a rod that was justifiably used to beat Pardew, who was hopeless with them. He got away with it because we had fine goalscorers like Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Remy in the team.

For open play, we now have "give it to ASM" in a way that Pardew used to have "give it to Ben Arfa". You cannot praise the coach for someone dribbling three players. It also means that any off-day or injury will make a huge impact on the team.

.com is a wonderful resource and the effort those lads have put in down the years is incredible. They've inadvertently created a very important NUFC soapbox; the biggest after the Chronicle: it's not their fault that they're such an important voice; but they are, whether they want to be or not. Meaning they're also in a position of privilege. Anything they publish that isn't inherently anti-Ashley is inherently pointless and serves only to keep him in place.

Quite enjoyed watching the stream today , nice to see players having a go. Thats what its all about .

I can actually see us giving someone a good hiding at some point in the near future. Unfortunately i cannot get too excited due to the long term strategy of the club. Any signs of footballing  progress over the last decade have been dismantled immediately .Lets not forget that.

We will never challenge chelsea again ffs

Watched the game yesterday but the buzz has gone fore me and I doubt it will ever return. Been watching and supporting my team for best part of 70 years but Ashley and the cabbage have killed that.  The team from the keeper to the midfield are Rafas team apart from the LB and play in the way that Rafa drilled them to so I don't expect any real hammerings. The front 2 wide men just get the ball and run at the defense hoping something gives.  ASM despite his talent and workrate doesn't even look for a pass once he gets over the half way line. Almiron has lost confidence and does his run then looks for the easy safe pass rather than try something which might not work.  Joelinton is on his own mainly challenging for high balls and is beginning to look frustrated.  Luckily we have Bruces dynamic substitutions, Atsu for ASM  and Carroll for Joelinton.  Why not Gale with his pace?  why Carroll all of the time. Has he ever influenced the side when he's made his substitute appearances, certainly not in my eyes.  If we stay up it will be because of our (Rafas) defensive players and system and not any input from the cabbage

Aye, ASM uses the ball pretty well to be honest. He's set up a fair few chances already for Willems and the two attackers alongside him. Definitely isn't a "head down and run" type of player like Obertan or someone, that's unfair to him.

Since people are commenting on it, I've read the NUFC.com report. I don't agree, but I don't think it's too bad.

Personally, I would criticize Bruce yesterday for us playing a lot of aimless hoofball once we were ahead, giving the ball away all the time and inviting pressure. However, I would praise him more for us scoring from set pieces. Along with the defensive lockdowns Rafa achieved, scoring from set pieces is a classic overachieve/paper over the cracks with limited players approach. Bournemouth's opener too was a fine example, but set pieces demonstrate whether a team is being coached. They were a rod that was justifiably used to beat Pardew, who was hopeless with them. He got away with it because we had fine goalscorers like Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Remy in the team.

For open play, we now have "give it to ASM" in a way that Pardew used to have "give it to Ben Arfa". You cannot praise the coach for someone dribbling three players. It also means that any off-day or injury will make a huge impact on the team.

I wasn't just talking about that report, i meant generally.

Aye, ASM uses the ball pretty well to be honest. He's set up a fair few chances already for Willems and the two attackers alongside him. Definitely isn't a "head down and run" type of player like Obertan or someone, that's unfair to him.

Obertan didn't run either. He put his head down then stopped and turned back the other way usually. Pace was totally wasted on him.

Guest godzilla

Apart from the first 20 mins I thought they were pretty poor and we should have been out of sight

Yeah they maybe had more of the ball but apart from the first 20 and the King chance they didn't create anything much at all. We could have scored a few more.

I actually agree with him, they bossed it for long parts and were better at football than us.

They started very strongly and got in behind a couple of times, but were poor after about twenty minutes in. We hoofed it back to them a lot, especially second half, but they managed little with all that possession. Dubs hardly had anything to do.

Maybe it was just a purple patch last season, but Ryan Fraser looks to have regressed. He did next to nothing all game.