Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

For those saying 'we might as well stay up, because he hasn't sold us when we were in the Championship', he's only tried to sell us once when we were down there, while he's been trying to sell us for ages whilst in the Premier League.

He's never really tried IMO. But do you think it's "easier" to sell the club if we're in the Championship?

I think there are two situations where he sells; someone offers him a deal too good to turn down while where in the PL or we actually start costing him money because we're in the Championship (or lower).

The evidence we have so far is when we are in the PL, he runs us as a £100m business, but wants £350m+ for us, so think it's unlikely he'll sell us while we are in the PL.

Outside of the PL, he "tried" to sell us the first time we went down, but not while Rafa was here. I think the most likely chance for us to get sold is to stay down, because not only is that the uncharted territory, but he's been proven to want ridiculous amounts compared to how he runs club while in the PL.

I agree about the two situations, but I think the first one is more likely. He wants to get as much money as possible for the club. If we’re in the Championship there’s always the risk he wants to get back up before selling.

When does the club start costing him money? After one season in the Champo?

In a way I’ve resigned to him staying until he decides to sell, for whatever reason, regardless of which division we’re in.

Without looking into it too much, I would guess it'll be around then aye.

Saying all of this though, and enjoying Brucey losing and being so out of his depth, I'm still not entirely sure that I want us to get relegated. Loathe being in that shit hole division almost as much as I hate Ashley, and if he sells us while we're down there, it could easily be to a pair of chancers like the mackems got.

Got to say the ch5 documentary shows Mike is a reasonable and effective businessman

Just do one eh?

He's a tool of the highest order and a liar to boot...swallow whatever sh** you like we don't need a tv documentary to tell us what a scumbag owns us

Unfortunately this is a common view of people who watched it. Lots of blaming the workers for being lazy, and saying all he did was run a business well.

In all honesty the documentary could have been harder hitting, it could have mentioned and highlighted the ambulances called to the distribution centre for exhausted staff, the woman who had to give birth in the toilets. The people who are dropped at a drop of the hat. They could have gone into more details about his running of NUFC, instead of it easily being passed off as our fans being demanding.

It could have been harder hitting and should have, but hopefully it’s a sign of the media and everyone else getting sick of him.

I also have to say that I the government are going to use him as a fall guy. He’s buying all these companies and letting them either go bust or essentially asset stripping them, moving staff on poor SD contracts etc. The government will soon blame him for job losses for failing to turn the businesses around, and the failing high street. It will mean the government has longer to act before they have to intervene with tax breaks or grants for brick and mortar retailers, toughing tax laws of internet sales, and tackling unemployment.

Surely there is a billionaire out there who not only has the wealth but also the brains to buy us and get it a deal done and over with with this fat cunt.

Why pay the pricks asking price and have to put up with lord knows what Rangers style clauses he has stuck into the clubs commercial contracts hobbling your revenue when you can buy a "lesser" club in a better state for cheaper and use the money saved to sink into transfers.

Sports ownership is a small community, and word spreads.  There is a reason why we have only really had chancers dating back to Barry Moat and people trying to cobble together consortiums seriously interested despite every major American NFL and NBA owner considering the Premier League.

Guest covmag

Got to say the ch5 documentary shows Mike is a reasonable and effective businessman

Just ban this daft mackem cunt

How does he not get it?

Match day income is worth about what? 10%? It means the buyer has leverage over the seller. If we stop going we become worth more to the buyer than the seller. Therefore handing them the advantage.

'unless there's a buyer'

Some people really are thick enough to believe there's never been legit buyers aren't they?

For those saying 'we might as well stay up, because he hasn't sold us when we were in the Championship', he's only tried to sell us once when we were down there, while he's been trying to sell us for ages whilst in the Premier League.

He's never really tried IMO. But do you think it's "easier" to sell the club if we're in the Championship?

I think there are two situations where he sells; someone offers him a deal too good to turn down while where in the PL or we actually start costing him money because we're in the Championship (or lower).

The evidence we have so far is when we are in the PL, he runs us as a £100m business, but wants £350m+ for us, so think it's unlikely he'll sell us while we are in the PL.

Outside of the PL, he "tried" to sell us the first time we went down, but not while Rafa was here. I think the most likely chance for us to get sold is to stay down, because not only is that the uncharted territory, but he's been proven to want ridiculous amounts compared to how he runs club while in the PL.

I agree about the two situations, but I think the first one is more likely. He wants to get as much money as possible for the club. If we’re in the Championship there’s always the risk he wants to get back up before selling.

When does the club start costing him money? After one season in the Champo?

In a way I’ve resigned to him staying until he decides to sell, for whatever reason, regardless of which division we’re in.

Without looking into it too much, I would guess it'll be around then aye.

Saying all of this though, and enjoying Brucey losing and being so out of his depth, I'm still not entirely sure that I want us to get relegated. Loathe being in that shit hole division almost as much as I hate Ashley, and if he sells us while we're down there, it could easily be to a pair of chancers like the mackems got.

Yeah, my thoughts are about the same regarding relegation.

I want Ashley out as much as the next man. But Rafa showed me that it's actually possible to support this club/team, despite Ashley. Can't see us getting a manager like that again under Ashley though. Desperate times.

Not sure he’s a Mackem, unless there are Mackems from Bedlington.

How does he not get it?

Match day income is worth about what? 10%? It means the buyer has leverage over the seller. If we stop going we become worth more to the buyer than the seller. Therefore handing them the advantage.

Matchday income is around the £30m mark which is a huge wedge of money. The point that many people miss is that, without fans, there is no football club.  I'm still certain a mass boycott would rid us of him sooner rather than later. Never happening, but it would.

Guest The Little Waster

Northumberland has pockets of Sunderland fans thanks to the old mining communities where families in the north east would sometimes move to different pits to work .

Just ban this daft mackem c***

Northumberland has pockets of Sunderland fans thanks to the old mining communities where families in the north east would sometimes move to different pits to work .

Remnants of scab labour that were brought in by the pit bosses when the locals were on strike.

How does he not get it?

Matchday income is around the £30m mark which is a huge wedge of money. The point that many people miss is that, without fans, there is no football club.  I'm still certain a mass boycott would rid us of him sooner rather than later. Never happening, but it would.

It's a sustained boycott which would be the nail In the coffin for Ashley.

Lower margins due to lower match day income = lower funds for players = relegation = even less funds = bigger chance of not going up again = even less funds. At this point the club cannot sustain itself off of TV money anymore and he has no choice but to sell or just write off a big loss on the club with no aspirations of ever getting his investment back.

It's the only option we have and I do think it would work. A mass boycott would reduce revenue, attract bigger negative media coverage, effect the brand of the Premier League with an empty ground for TV coverage and will bring all sorts of unwanted attention towards Ashley that his little bum chum Bishop couldn't cover up. We have the power to drive the cunt out but far too many won't listen to this and continue the cycle of shit we are in. Fuck them and fuck the club. Enjoy the miserable existence while the real supportes of NUFC happily go about their lives away from this shit show.

It's the only option we have and I do think it would work. A mass boycott would reduce revenue, attract bigger negative media coverage, effect the brand of the Premier League with an empty ground for TV coverage and will bring all sorts of unwanted attention towards Ashley that his little bum chum Bishop couldn't cover up. We have the power to drive the c*** out but far too many won't listen to this and continue the cycle of s*** we are in. f*** them and f*** the club. Enjoy the miserable existence while the real supportes of NUFC happily go about their lives away from this s*** show.

Well said. They are why he's here forever. Thick cunts