Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Man has different opinion in football. front page news. Following him around asking for an update on his opinion is a bit bizarre like.

Very bizarre. Last season I was okay with Bruce, because I thought staying up was key for the takeover. For one season, it was fine. I have said several times he can't progress us forward, and I worry about this season but I have got several posters constantly following me around or mentioning my name, and asking me about Bruce. It's weird.

Saying Ferguson wouldn't be a good manager nowadays is a ludicrous statement. It shows a basic lack of understanding about football. Not even up for debate.

Man has different opinion in football. front page news. Following him around asking for an update on his opinion is a bit bizarre like.

Very bizarre. Last season I was okay with Bruce, because I thought staying up was key for the takeover. For one season, it was fine. I have said several times he can't progress us forward, and I worry about this season but I have got several posters constantly following me around or mentioning my name, and asking me about Bruce. It's weird.

Saying Ferguson wouldn't be a good manager nowadays is a ludicrous statement. It shows a basic lack of understanding about football. Not even up for debate.

see. it's getting so bad, even Brucey is pretending he's not actually Steve Bruce.

we know who you are.  :lol:

Isn't it significant that not a single player under Ferguson has become a successful manager?

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Bruce? Don't make me laugh!

Or am I missing somebody? Good or even great players do not make good or great managers....

We have some really stupid posters on this board. Jesus Christ.

Bit harsh just because someone has an opinion, regardless of how wrong you think they are.

Alas, Samptime doesn’t do decency and decorum.

Sir Alex finished his career at the very top. Age (health) likely the only things stopping him. Brilliant manager and always surrounded himself with the right backroom team to get it done. As much as I wish we got the better of him in the Keegan days and SBR days, he was always equipped with deeper pockets and/or the more experienced player or two to finish the job. He'd be one of the top today IMO - the amount of shite coaches out there is astonishing.

It shows a basic lack of understanding about football. Not even up for debate.

I find this an interesting comment because if you want to accuse someone of that, I would have to argue that it's possible that you yourself are guilty of this.

You maintained last season that 'Bruce was doing ok'. I think many people would say that what happened last season was in spite of Bruce and not because of him. That's gleaned from many years of watching football (and personal experience with Pardew)

Some people might say that that shows a basic lack of understanding of football from you. Others would say it's your opinion.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion, give them a counter argument, don't belittle them.

Imagine the week of the takeover. Richest club in the world, Bruce binned off, Keys losing the run of himself all over Twitter. All the wankers who want to see one of their own in these kinds of jobs crying on Sky and BT. Fucking glorious.

I find this an interesting comment because if you want to accuse someone of that, I would have to argue that it's possible that you yourself are guilty of this.

You maintained last season that 'Bruce was doing ok'. I think many people would say that what happened last season was in spite of Bruce and not because of him. That's gleaned from many years of watching football (and personal experience with Pardew)

Some people might say that that shows a basic lack of understanding of football from you. Others would say it's your opinion.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion, give them a counter argument, don't belittle them.

Absolutely brilliantly put.  I only wish that I could of published those words so eloquently because I so much struggle with what Samp is on about.  He deserves every bit of criticism that comes  his way after the pathetic defence of Bruce last season.

Absolutely brilliantly put.  I only wish that I could of published those words so eloquently because I so much struggle with what Samp is on about.  He deserves every bit of criticism that comes  his way after the pathetic defence of Bruce last season.

Well the thing is, when a new manager comes in. That first season the team is still pretty much the basis of the side a previous manager had built, ie Rafa. Let’s just say 60% of the organisational skills he drilled into them. 20% Bruce trying to play some sort of other way and the other 20% was luck that Rafa never seemed to have.

Luck runs out eventually.

The organisational part of things has probably whittled down to 30% now, they are forgetting what they learned quite quickly at this point.

And the rest is Bruce-ball

He’s popular with some of the players because he’s a soft touch. Training is easier, they get more days off. Their diets are probably worse.

Complacency is what it is.

Saying Bruce did okay last season is not a pathetic defence of Bruce. Think it's likely he will be sacked this season and he clearly isn't the man to progress the club or the players.

I don't hate Bruce. Some do. Fine. People can think what they want.

But the consistent "hey samptime29[/member] is Bruce doing okay?" in several threads is a bit sad and weird.

Are you willing to enter into a debate on here about him though, as I have a question.

You constantly say that he isn't the man to progress the club or the players, but some might say that he's actually taken the club and majority of players backwards. Do you disagree with that?

The reason you get called up on it is that there aren't exactly many Bruce supporters on here to have the conversation with, and it's interesting to know what some people are seeing in him that the majority can't?

Isn't it significant that not a single player under Ferguson has become a successful manager?

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Or am I missing somebody? Good or even great players do not make good or great managers....

Ole?

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Keegan?

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Ole?

Ole? I rest my case....

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Keegan?

I stand corrected on this. I think he's very much the exception that proves the rule though...

Roy Keene? Bully

Beckam? - no

Scholes? no

Giggs? Hardly

Keegan?

I stand corrected on this. I think he's very much the exception that proves the rule though...

Zidane, Guardiola and Conte are others that quickly come to mind.

Got me curious so I had a Google and there's a fairly recent article that puts Blanc 1st and Strachan 2nd in managers who have played under Ferguson: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-alex-ferguson-managers-18196690. Not a particularly glowing list if Keane sneaks in at tenth.

Would love to see someone do a full analysis of managers and their level of playing experience tbh. I'm inclined to say if you looked across the board there wouldn't be much of a correlation either way but would be interesting to see.