Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Can't believe the overreactions to this like.

Any negative feelings are obviously magnified and exacerbated by the gaps at left back and up front.

That, and the ridiculous speed at which Forster has been replaced, in contrast to Enrique and Carroll. My word, I'd even accept a League One young LB if it was made clear he's one for the future whilst we secure a first choice LB towards the end of the window

Could he actually be fairly decent?

Seems like he's completely sacrificing his career to become our 2nd/3rd choice.

So we're signing Harper MKII then? ;)

:pow: Lad will be living the life though. Reeling in a pleasant wage and doing little other than slamming Newcastle's finest with his ginger biscuit.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I wonder if he'll do the funky chicken when he makes a save

that said he would probably drop the ball.

Can't believe the overreactions to this like.

Any negative feelings are obviously magnified and exacerbated by the gaps at left back and up front.

That, and the ridiculous speed at which Forster has been replaced, in contrast to Enrique and Carroll. My word, I'd even accept a League One young LB if it was made clear he's one for the future whilst we secure a first choice LB towards the end of the window

Gary Naysmith  :pow:

words f***ing fail me

:angry: WE NEED A STRIKER!!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:angry: WE NEED A LEFT BACK!!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/4022604355_abbf575682_o.gif

Sorry...just trying to fit in to the delirium this is going to cause :lol:

Deserves a thread if he's to be an NUFC player, tbh.

Many seem to think this is instead of all the other positions we're short on.

I reckon there's still capacity at the club for deals to be struck without delaying others. :rolleyes:

On the plus side...it's a great excuse to get out some ani-gifs :D

I highly doubt we'd be spending anything more than a nominal fee on this guy, btw.

I should f***ing hope not.

If there's not a clause or an injury we'll not be signing any c***.

f***ing joke.

W. T. F. ?!?!?!?!

Is he actually going to play LB?

We have three good goalkeepers. Whyyyyyyyy?!?!

:dowiespin:

I've never known such an overreaction to such an insignificant signing.

If we've let Forster go out on loan, and if Harper's on his way out of the club, then we've probably found a way to reduce the wage bill (Harper can't be on peanuts after 15 odd years' service), to give us more room to manoever with the new signings #clutchingatfuckingstrawsman

:dowiespin:

I've never known such an overreaction to such an insignificant signing.

I'd rather have gone into the season with Soderberg/Alnwick at backup than have our staff spend any time or effort chasing this, whether or not that time/effort was in parallel or at the expense of our "chase" for a LB/Striker. 

Guest WashyGeordie

What's the problem here like? We've let a keeper go and we've replaced him. So what?

Maybe because atm it's not the most important department we need.

And if free's/wages were included in the £35mil, we've spent more of it. 

:frantic:  :frantic: :frantic:

Guest WashyGeordie

What's the problem here like? We've let a keeper go and we've replaced him. So what?

:frantic:  :frantic: :frantic:

Can't decide if you're serious, but if Forster wanted to leave, of course we needed to replace him.

He's went on loan though, and we didn't exactly feel the need to replace him last year.

Just seems it's a pointless signing (or a 'job for the boys' considering he's our current GK coachs' mate)

Can't decide if you're serious, but if Forster wanted to leave, of course we needed to replace him.

He's went on loan though, and we didn't exactly feel the need to replace him last year.

Just seems it's a pointless signing (or a 'job for the boys' considering he's our current GK coachs' mate)

Yeah Ashley loves spending money, he would definitely sanction transfer based on whether they are mates with the current staff.

Guest WashyGeordie

Yeah Ashley loves spending money, he would definitely sanction transfer based on whether they are mates with the current staff.

What about the HUGE MASSIVE signing on fee's and the wages though?  :rolleyes:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

so has anyone actually seen him play?

Nope, quite literally never heard of him.

All the best Rob Elliot

so has anyone actually seen him play?

He's fucking shit, plays in league one and that.

Can't even get a game but in the three games that Charlton played this season where he was playing he was awful.

This is it with me and this forum like, people are just a bunch of whinging, negative bastards no matter what, sucking the joy out of coming on here and supporting the club.

If people can't see this is just our new Perez, Karelse & Caig type keeper, basically a senior goalkeeper on the books in case there's an injury to Harper or Krul who can step up to the bench, they want shot tbh. Said a few hours ago I hoped any keeper we signed was a random back-up keeper rather than someone like Green who'd have been signed to be number 1, and here it is.

But fuck me, this thread has summed up the forum for me, just fuck off.

I'd much preferred we kept Fraser Forster who, to me, has proved himself a decent keeper despite a couple of hiccups pre-season but good luck to this kid. Needs to lose the lower league haircut though.

Interesting to here whats going on with Harper mind bearing in mind Caulkins comments earlier.