Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Godzilla really needs to just calm down, relax and have a tipple.

Think you need to stop stalking me  :lol:

:lol: You have definitely made a new best friend there.

He always seems so flustered on this thread. I'm just trying to help.

Sounds like you are keep trying to get him pissed you massive stalky beast.

I'm not massive.

Guest reefatoon

I'm not massive.

:lol: Little stalky beast made you sound so much more sinister.

Guest chopey

Getting less and less confident about this takeover now, I mean there is more chance of finding Madeleine Mc...........

So what's happening?

WTO report kaiboshing this? (haven't they had this for weeks though or was that not the full report)

Coronavirus/project restart delaying this?

I, perhaps wrongly, feel the mood music is pointing at the former as very little happens that is good these days

Do people think the WTO have any jurisdiction here? It's entitled to its opinion but it's not a criminal court and as I recall the germane part of the test related to criminality?

FWIW I wouldn't be in the least surprised that this dragging out is to give the exercise a veneer of rigour. If they're still asking questions, it's very much still ongoing. It's when they stop asking questions and we've still heard nowt that we should worry (imo).

Legal ramifications aside I dont think the fa need legal basis to refuse, balance of probability would suffice and the report feeds that.  Would cause a shitstorm tho and make legal folk even wealthier

Do people think the WTO have any jurisdiction here? It's entitled to its opinion but it's not a criminal court and as I recall the germane part of the test related to criminality?

FWIW I wouldn't be in the least surprised that this dragging out is to give the exercise a veneer of rigour. If they're still asking questions, it's very much still ongoing. It's when they stop asking questions and we've still heard nowt that we should worry (imo).

The O & D test isn’t a criminal trial, either. Their standards of evidence appear to be below that of civil matters.

The whole remit of the WTO is to oversee international trade and ensure it is conducted fairly. They are absolutely the right body to investigate whether someone is breaking the rules of international trade.

How independent they are is another question. In theory, they’re exactly as independent as the Security Council or the World Bank or the World Health Organisation...

So what's happening?

WTO report kaiboshing this? (haven't they had this for weeks though or was that not the full report)

Coronavirus/project restart delaying this?

I, perhaps wrongly, feel the mood music is pointing at the former as very little happens that is good these days

My gut feeling is that the WTO report is just delaying it, not kaiboshing it. It feels like we need to get past the final report being made public before things start to move, one way or another.

Guest awaymag

The O & D test isn’t a criminal trial, either. Their standards of evidence appear to be below that of civil matters.

The whole remit of the WTO is to oversee international trade and ensure it is conducted fairly. They are absolutely the right body to investigate whether someone is breaking the rules of international trade.

How independent they are is another question. In theory, they’re exactly as independent as the Security Council or the World Bank or the World Health Organisation...

You'll just go round in circles with this.  It looks like the premierleague is not interested in Amnesty International or the fiancee letters.  It looks like it down to Piracy(which includes WTO report).  Unless they can pin it on PIF and the directors, with direct involvement then they shouldn't fail the test.  Wondering whether PL is using this as some type of leverage to get assurances that KSA will do everything it can to help cease/disable the BEOUTq boxes?

Actually, I think it’s where things become complex. Say for example this does hinge on Piracy how can PIF make any sort of commitment on this when the argument is it has nothing to do with them.

It’s possible they are in a situation where they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.

Of course all of the above is pure speculation.

Guest awaymag

Actually, I think it’s where things become complex. Say for example this does hinge on Piracy how can PIF make any sort of commitment on this when the argument is it has nothing to do with them.

It’s possible they are in a situation where they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.

Thats all we have left ;-)

That's all you ever had [emoji38]

That's all you ever had [emoji38]

Of course, just didn’t want to give the wrong impression with my post.