Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

The Don is easily the worst owner they’ve had in their history. Short left the door open to these chancers so he carries a lot of the blame, but just wait to see what these fucker let in next. Wolves & vultures interested in tangible assets only is my guess.

Bain was to blame (because they have to blame someone).  Short gets a lot of the blame too, but next one down from him is Bain, so he is target #2.

I love how the "club" is entirely blameless for anything during their relegation(s).  Its all the fault of Short, Bain, The Don, Charlie Meths but the club itself is blameless.

Don't really understand this. Those people make the decisions, who are the "club" who are to blame in your opinion?

Just want to.ask. How did they view and regard Martin Bain? Was he someone they hated?

Very much so but i think that was pretty understandable tbf.

What was the main reason? Where did it start to go bad for him with the fans? I mean the Netflix flick just shows a glimpse of what he was like but it ran deeper didn't it?

He asset stripped for Short from the off and was the public face of the club ownership when he was there.

what :lol:

I still think Donald is a good owner, he brought them back from the brink with Short.

Ungrateful b******s.

He's crap.

Nah, brought them together mate , one of the lads , you daft .

Just want to.ask. How did they view and regard Martin Bain? Was he someone they hated?

What was the main reason? Where did it start to go bad for him with the fans? I mean the Netflix flick just shows a glimpse of what he was like but it ran deeper didn't it?

He asset stripped for Short from the off and was the public face of the club ownership when he was there.

Not sure about asset stripping. I think he was hated because he was very similar to Lee Charnley here. Keep costs as low as possible while trying to put on a facade of 'we're trying hard to make the club the best it can be'. Only for fans to see through it after a succession of terrible transfer windows and meaningless soundbites.

Bain was to blame (because they have to blame someone).  Short gets a lot of the blame too, but next one down from him is Bain, so he is target #2.

I love how the "club" is entirely blameless for anything during their relegation(s).  Its all the fault of Short, Bain, The Don, Charlie Meths but the club itself is blameless.

Don't really understand this. Those people make the decisions, who are the "club" who are to blame in your opinion?

It's the way that they make "the club" blameless for anything, and put all the blame on Short/Stew/Bain etc.

They completely absolve anyone at the club from any responsibility for their position.  There is not one Department manager or club director or team lead or employee who has done anything wrong. All the spending and lack of control is down to only the owner.  The Financial Director has no culpability for how they go where they got?

They are so afraid to place any part of the blame on the club for the actions of the club, because that would mean that they would have to accept responsibility for their predicament.  I just find it incredibly naive and denial to pass all responsibility upward to Short/Bain/Stewie when I know that there are multiple layers of accountability/responsibility in any organisation.

How they can say that "the club did nothing wrong" when the clubs financial situation is so dire amazes me.  No, RTG-lore says that its all (and only) Short/Don.

But hey, its not my problem that they prefer to live in eternal denial.

Follow up - but I suppose that when I turn it around and look at the state of Newcastle United, I assume that corporate direction is set by Ashley, ans that Charnley (and all employees are only following that direction).  So maybe I am harshly judging them.

Not sure about asset stripping. I think he was hated because he was very similar to Lee Charnley here. Keep costs as low as possible while trying to put on a facade of 'we're trying hard to make the club the best it can be'. Only for fans to see through it after a succession of terrible transfer windows and meaningless soundbites.

That’s more what I meant but costs were cut all over the place which fucked them over.

The Don is easily the worst owner they’ve had in their history. Short left the door open to these chancers so he carries a lot of the blame, but just wait to see what these fucker let in next. Wolves & vultures interested in tangible assets only is my guess.

Fair chance their fans pulling their money out from tickets finishes them off. Like some sort of tragicomedy.

That’s more what I meant but costs were cut all over the place which fucked them over.

Fair chance their fans pulling their money out from tickets finishes them off. Like some sort of tragicomedy.

Would love to know the numbers of cancellations off the back of this, just for today it'll be a few thousand, which they simply couldn't afford to lose.

So many other ways round this and they've chose the worst through sheer arrogance and lend of the fans emotions.

:lol: Chuckling to myself thinking about that scene in STID where everyone was telling him not to increase his bid for Grigg.

£4m in League One.  :lol:

:lol:

Best part of the series for me. Two hours earlier he’s discussing it with the head of recruitment (?) completely adamant that they won’t bid anything over £2m or so and that Wigan are holding them to ransom :lol:

If anyone was to meet the Don in person you’d quickly suss out that the guy is a chancer and a Del

Boy. Owning a club was more about status for him than it was part of a plan to make money and turn the club around.

Started watching s2 of the Netflix thing.  Not sure I can watch all of this tbh.

This Charlie Gobshite cunt is the fucking worst, giving me horrible flashbacks of some horrific wankers I've worked with through the years.

Started watching s2 of the Netflix thing.  Not sure I can watch all of this tbh.

This Charlie Gobshite cunt is the fucking worst, giving me horrible flashbacks of some horrific wankers I've worked with through the years.

Just watch the last episode first, makes it more worthwhile. I know we knew the ending but seeing it sets the earlier episodes up better for our point of view.

One thing that really didn't make sense about all this was that there doesn't seem to be the political will to finish that league anyway, and if not then the games won't played even behind closed doors and they'll presumably have to give refunds.

They've just created all this bad PR for a situation which probably won't even come to pass.