Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Nah, Evergrande and Shanghai are too strong.  He'll get them into an Arsenal type situation, good team but a bit below the big boys.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Champions League under him at some point but I can't see them winning the league.

Nah, Evergrande and Shanghai are too strong.  He'll get them into an Arsenal type situation, good team but a bit below the big boys.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Champions League under him at some point but I can't see them winning the league.

They’ve started too far behind for him to win it this season they’ve looked fantastic in his first 2 games though :love:

Next season I wouldn’t put it past him.

Carrasco and Hamsik were incredible in their last match.

They’ve started too far behind for him to win it this season they’ve looked fantastic in his first 2 games though :love:

Next season I wouldn’t put it past him.

Carrasco and Hamsik were incredible in their last match.

no idea in the disparity in quality of chinese player but if they let him do what he wants i wouldn't back against him getting it in the next few years tbph, he's a fucksite better than any other manager out there simply by virtue of existing

:p

Evergrande is my team here, this is their recent record:

CSL Winner 7x

2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Runner-up 2x 2018, 1994

China League One Winner 1x 2010

FA Cup Winner 2x 2016, 2012

Runner-up 1x 2013

Super Cup Winner 3x 2018, 2017, 2016

Runner-up 3x 2015, 2014, 2013

Club International

AFC Champions League Winner 2x 2015, 2013

Between us, Guoan and Shanghai it's going to be incredibly hard to even make the CL spot for any other teams.  In a season or two with decent investment Rafa might be able to get them there but right now he's essentially up against three Man Citys in footballing terms.

Aye, the best Chinese players and a few Brazilians and an English fella mixed in.  If you're looking for names you'll recognise have a look at Shanghai, they've got Hulk and Oscar playing for them.

You might know Cannavaro, like......

This is like some sort of sick nightmare, man.

I just want to wake up.

:lol:

Potentially one of the most overdramatic things I've read.

I'm not sure i want to live anymore tbh, this is too much.

Revised.

If you took them seriously then that's up to you, wey the second one anyway ;)

Not to be a stuck record, like, but absolutely nothing will come close to quiet dignity this man had and the pride I felt when he was our manager. Ashley could sign Messi and it still wouldn’t bring back the excitement I had knowing Rafa was one of us, bringing people together and bringing the love back for wor club.

£40 million or £50 million signings count for fuck all when they’re being organised on the pitch by Steve fucking Bruce.

Rafa thought he was too expensive, but rated him. Would have rather spent the money on Rondon and other players to improve the squad. Would have been fine signing him + Rondon if i recall from older articles.

Rafa reportedly didn't think Joelinton was a good deal. I guess now his wisdom will be put to the test.

says who ? the same journalists who said joelinton would only sign a 2 year deal ?