Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

In other words the referee simply did not know the rules. No other way of viewing it.

If it wasnt intentional it was certainly reckless and could have injured the player. Either way completely a red for me. Not sure why there is an argument or more pundits agreeing. Le tissue is the only pundit I have seen that said it could have been red.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

In other words the referee simply did not know the rules. No other way of viewing it.

If it wasnt intentional it was certainly reckless and could have injured the player. Either way completely a red for me. Not sure why there is an argument or more pundits agreeing. Le tissue is the only pundit I have seen that said it could have been red.

They said it was a red on MOTD too

Was nowt in that, he didn't dive in and feet weren't off the ground/studs up. Looks way worse on the pic

Maybe so, but there wasn't even a foul given for that 2-footed challenge where Almiron was running at speed where 1 foot would have sufficed given he'd almost over-ran it anyway.

It was dangerous play but not 'uncontrolled' so maybe a red may have been too harsh, but it was without doubt a foul and a yellow at least and you've certainly seen players sent off for that. Maybe I'm only saying that because Almiron got up and played on after a bit of rolling about. If he was indeed injured, it's a simple straight red as you just can't go in 2-footed like that.

The refereeing performance was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Was nowt in that, he didn't dive in and feet weren't off the ground/studs up. Looks way worse on the pic

Eh, the pic shows its a two footed challange. :lol:

Red.

The pic is misleading, like I said. You can watch it back uh.. online  :shifty: and see it yourself if you really want

Still pics are often misleading but I don't know about that on this one. It's illegal to have your body in that position while tackling and it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

Eh, the pic shows its a two footed challange. :lol:

Red.

The pic is misleading, like I said. You can watch it back uh.. online  :shifty: and see it yourself if you really want

I am in shock :lol:

Still pics are often misleading but I don't know about that on this one. It's illegal to have your body in that position while tackling and it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

Wasnt in that position though for the full tackle, his right leg was planted up until the moment Almiron got there at which point the contact made it come up looking like the pic you posted

Quite similar to wolves last goal against us when dubravka was blinded+impeded. Shocking refreeing standard.

These happenings are so common we can't call them mistakes anymore. The ref actually think he is correct.

Was just so bad on so many levels. In fairness Everton should be blowing too as they were screwed by a couple of pretty stonewall decisions.

Two footed tackle from Zouma on Almiron - nothing

Pickford stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity making no attempt to play the ball - Not even a yellow

Head injury during a build up of a goal - play on

Yedlin making full contact late on a player in the box - no penalty

Rondon clearly offside - not given

Really was bloody awful across the board. Evened out his shitness and a trip to the Championship for the ref and assistants beckons surely.

It’s soft, but also daft from Fernandez. I don’t actually mind if penalties are given for shirt/arm pulling, holding etc.

What I can’t have. Is Dean not returning the favour for one that was as much of a pen on Rondon. Or the most blatant one of the lot, where Yedlin was wiped out. Yedlin got away with a similar one last week on Digne and I feel like if he didn’t spoon his cross. It would have been a more obvious foul.

All that said. It’s not like Dean to make it all about him and try and be controversial.

It’s soft, but also daft from Fernandez. I don’t actually mind if penalties are given for shirt/arm pulling, holding etc.

What I can’t have. Is Dean not returning the favour for one that was as much of a pen on Rondon. Or the most blatant one of the lot, where Yedlin was wiped out. Yedlin got away with a similar one last week on Digne and I feel like if he didn’t spoon his cross. It would have been a more obvious foul.

All that said. It’s not like Dean to make it all about him and try and be controversial.

Tackles like that one on Yedlin are rarely given in the box, actually thought the other player had deflected the ball in real time