La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

Spanish court denies Elche's appeal and upholds their relegation from La Liga due to failure to comply with La Liga's FFP rules (they have outstanding debt with the taxman and players).

It could've been a right mess had the court reinstated them.

How likely is it that I'll be able to get between 4 - 6 tickets for El Clasico at the Nou Camp next April? Are they like hen's teeth? Mate's 40th that weekend so looking to try and get something arranged.

How likely is it that I'll be able to get between 4 - 6 tickets for El Clasico at the Nou Camp next April? Are they like hen's teeth? Mate's 40th that weekend so looking to try and get something arranged.

Impossible unless you are willing to shell out a few thousand.

Impossible unless you are willing to shell out a few thousand.

Thought as much, cheers VI

Very few tickets reach the general public. 90% of the stadium is STs, the club keeps a few thousand to distribute among partners and club members have prio for the balance.

So touts end up being the only alternative, and the prices are outrageous.

Any recommendations on the best places to stay in Madrid next May V.I? e.g good hotel/bed and breakfast with some good bars etc close by.

Going for my stag do so be prepared for plenty of questions within the next year  :D

I haven't lived in Madrid since 2006, I don't think I can make any meaningful recommendation. Just be careful with cheap places - Madrid has a lot of cheap hostels that can be really really icky when you get there, despite of the photos they'll show you.

Guest chopey

@SkySportsNewsHQ  9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky Sports will remain the home of La Liga for another three seasons thanks to a new broadcast agreement announced today.

I thought it had gone to BT and SKY had pulled out

@SkySportsNewsHQ  9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky Sports will remain the home of La Liga for another three seasons thanks to a new broadcast agreement announced today.

I thought it had gone to BT and SKY had pulled out

I can only assume La Liga went running back to Sky and accepted their first round bid which was higher than BT (according to the reports)

Guest chopey

I'm chuffed with that and also chuffed that those nice Spaniads have also changed their entire kick off time's so that I can check my coupons before watching the next spanish match at 5.15pm, bunch of good eggs those lads.

• 2 weeks later...