La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

A Spanish court has given back control of Betis to Manuel Ruíz de Lopera. This is as good a chance as any to post a photo of the press room he built :D

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pUVzHGJtOsqYpsAul7mxaOzlJDPEL-PMbhjr-2HO5O85yOJZxHuHjUXdX6cIyEWHM2b45kjrRWB-0sA1Vu1fIAQ/esperpento.jpg

Not good news for Betis fans, anyhow.

Vamos Las Palmas!

Just confirmed the signing of Javi Varas on a free transfer, hopefully solve the goalkeeping problems they've had over the past few years (Barbosa, Raul and Casto have always looked shaky). Need to get the Viera deal sorted soon, he'll be integral to them staying up this season.

Without La Liga money and their debts, they will do a Portsmouth (I need to find a Spanish equivalent for that).

Racing doing a decent job of it.

They never spent much though. The "YOU'LL DO A PORTSMOUTH!!!" tantrum is about spending so much that it will cripple your finances and send you to football oblivion.

Depor were close to do that, but they steadied the ship.

La Liga fixtures released.

Real Madrid host Barca in November with the return fixture in April.

Shame it wasn't the other way around as I'm off to Madrid next year for my stag do. Think I'm gonna pencil in Real Madrid's last home game v Valencia on May 8th for that.

When will the tickets be out for the Clasico in Madrid and where can I get them? Looking into the possibility because I'll be in Spain at the time.

Usually a month before the game. You won't be able to get any unless you want to pay silly amounts of money to touts or reselling sites.

We are holding our election today. 4 candidates on the ballot, with current president Bartomeu and former president Joan Laporta the clear frontrunners.

Polling shows Bartomeu with a slight advantage over Laporta.

http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/7/18/9ce26688-5ceb-4295-89be-9779f277d209.jpg

I'll vote for one of the minor candidates. Can't stand Laporta and I can't in good faith vote for a president that's committed tax fraud during his stewardship of the club, treble or not.