Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Well that’s my little man officially confirmed by SAFC, he starts next Thursday and I’m super proud of him because it’s all his own doing. He played against NUFC and Boro academy kids at the weekend and bossed it, ran the show. He got 2, but his passing, work rate, constant demands for the ball, leadership and using his left foot a lot was what stood out that and some tricks he’s been practicing on his own coming off was a joy too. Over to the dark side now I guess :lol:

Genuine question - do you think that his prospects are better at Sunderland than at Newcastle? Thinking about coaching, facilities etc. I have no real knowledge of Sunderland's youth programme, but I know yours has been a bit sketchy over the last few years.

Dunno, last experienced NUFC’s system personally over a decade ago, know lots of young coaches there, parents with kids and know they are also interested in my son. Wor lass’ friends/cousins has a few kids in there too and one who I won’t name will be a top player and we have very good coaches at under 11 down. I’ve heard very bad things about them though sadly. For now, I’m just treating it as another form of training for him like his Futsal, but if he likes it and they like him I’m gonna push him because this is all his own doing seriously, since watching the WC in 2018, I don’t push him at all, I’m just his taxi and cash machine for strips etc. And thanks man :thup: Think I’m more excited tbh!

There's just no way you can tell at a young age whether someone will be a top player or not. So many incredibly talented young lads don't even make it as professionals in League One / Two for a whole host of reasons. Pleased for you and your son though, hope he enjoys himself :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that’s my little man officially confirmed by SAFC, he starts next Thursday and I’m super proud of him because it’s all his own doing. He played against NUFC and Boro academy kids at the weekend and bossed it, ran the show. He got 2, but his passing, work rate, constant demands for the ball, leadership and using his left foot a lot was what stood out that and some tricks he’s been practicing on his own coming off was a joy too. Over to the dark side now I guess :lol:

Genuine question - do you think that his prospects are better at Sunderland than at Newcastle? Thinking about coaching, facilities etc. I have no real knowledge of Sunderland's youth programme, but I know yours has been a bit sketchy over the last few years.

Dunno, last experienced NUFC’s system personally over a decade ago, know lots of young coaches there, parents with kids and know they are also interested in my son. Wor lass’ friends/cousins has a few kids in there too and one who I won’t name will be a top player and we have very good coaches at under 11 down. I’ve heard very bad things about them though sadly. For now, I’m just treating it as another form of training for him like his Futsal, but if he likes it and they like him I’m gonna push him because this is all his own doing seriously, since watching the WC in 2018, I don’t push him at all, I’m just his taxi and cash machine for strips etc. And thanks man :thup: Think I’m more excited tbh!

There's just no way you can tell at a young age whether someone will be a top player or not. So many incredibly talented young lads don't even make it as professionals in League One / Two for a whole host of reasons. Pleased for you and your son though, hope he enjoys himself :thup:

Thanks and you’re quite right, but I’ve seen enough at this level to know who is going to make it and who isn’t or rather who has the better chance as clinical as that sounds, this kid will be a top player I’m sure. I hope so anyway as he’s a great kid and so are his family. He’s from Africa but has already pledged himself to England. It’s scary at these age groups though, so much talent in the NE but so much pressure and I’m now of the opinion that a lot of it is actually down to the players themselves the most.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's probably for the best! You will have a good perspective on how important this could be for his development - both on the field and off it.

Been very impressed with SAFC through the whole process tbh, sadly they are making cuts in this area... the youth set up is the heart beat of any club and I’d rather Ashley spent 40m on the academy than any one player any day of the week!

Thanks and you’re quite right, but I’ve seen enough at this level to know who is going to make it and who isn’t or rather who has the better chance as clinical as that sounds, this kid will be a top player I’m sure. I hope so anyway as he’s a great kid and so are his family. He’s from Africa but has already pledged himself to England. It’s scary at these age groups though, so much talent in the NE but so much pressure and I’m now of the opinion that a lot of it is actually down to the players themselves the most.

Isn't your kid like 5?

What we supposed to be looking at in that photo?

Taking pictures of people minding their own business for the purpose of mocking them on a public forum is not really on like.

:thup:

Bang out of order IMHO.

It's a Netflix true crime show, "He'll take your photo then he'll take your life, new on Netflix Nonce Shoes. A predator in the wilds of the North East, has he snapped you?"

If it's not that it's a bit weird.

There's lads get to 18 and they're still at NUFC, or wherever, and still don't make it. Some of them don't even manage a part time career in the Northern League. A World beater at 10/11 can be hopeless by 14/15. I've seen it happen loads of times.

Well done to your son btw. My nephew has been at sunlun for quite a while now, and signed forms for them just before Xmas, and he loves it. He's been told he's got to stop playing for his Sunday team from the end of this season though which I think is wrong (he's 8).

Guest Howaythetoon

There's lads get to 18 and they're still at NUFC, or wherever, and still don't make it. Some of them don't even manage a part time career in the Northern League. A World beater at 10/11 can be hopeless by 14/15. I've seen it happen loads of times.

Well done to your son btw. My nephew has been at sunlun for quite a while now, and signed forms for them just before Xmas, and he loves it. He's been told he's got to stop playing for his Sunday team from the end of this season though which I think is wrong (he's 8).

Aye, again, that’s right. I’d put money on this particular kid making it though. He’s 14 I think btw. My son gets his skills from his big cousin in Germany who is at Hoffenheim’s academy and is being courted by Bayern and Dortmund, he’s some talent too (14 too). Their set-up over there is amazing. Luckily my son will have 2 of his team-mates with him and a friend of his there too, and I know loads of people at SAFC as well. Good luck with your nephew btw and I agree, they shouldn’t be prevented playing for their sunday team, but I guess if clubs are investing their resources into a kid, they don’t want anyone else enjoying the fruits of their labour so to speak. I think if it come to that with my own son, I’d think long and hard whether to keep him in or not. The club he’s at now is great, but facilities are poor. Coaches are great though and there is a lot of good players throughout the age groups. I watched a Walker under 7s at the weekend, my god they are talented, the pass the ball about like Man City, very encouraging signs for the future of our game and the NE in particular.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's 5 and already pledged himself for England? :lol:

No numb nuts, the kid I know at the academy has. My son will be eligible for Wales, Kenya, England and Scotland if he ever makes it, although if you asked him which country he wants to play for when he’s older right now he’ll tell you his big hero Ronaldo’s country Portugal. He does have an aunt from there...

Guest Howaythetoon

He's 5 and already pledged himself for England? :lol:

Btw, that kind of question was on one of the forms I had to sign from SAFC and whether he has an agent or not or any commercial representation. It’s fucking ludicrous :lol:

Two lads in my school team and Sunday team both had England trials at Lilleshall in the late 90's. They didn't make it unfortunately but both were amazing players at 15/16.

I remember them coming back from the trials and telling us all about a kid who was absolutely head and shoulders above everyone else. "ran rings around them" they said.

That kids name I remember them telling me was Joe Cole 😂

Guest Howaythetoon

Won some free tickets to go see these from work

Yey

Free ticket Mags!

Life imitating art or something!