Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

The BBC3 show was class  ;D Crouchie has a future in comedy......."The Crouchie and Stephen Merchant Show"

Yeah i thought it was funny too.

Is it possible that the footage wasn't shown because it may have cost too much ?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/06/02/alan-shearer-to-play-match-for-soccer-aid-72703-26570547/

Alan Shearer to play match for Soccer Aid

Jun 2 2010 by Dan Warburton, Evening Chronicle

TOON legend Alan Shearer will roll back the years when he pulls on the famous Three Lions jersey once again.

The retired star will line-up alongside some of the world’s greatest players when he takes to the field at Manchester’s Old Trafford for the charity football clash, Soccer Aid.

The record goal-scoring 39-year-old is hoping to emulate his performance at Wembley two years ago when he bagged a hat-trick in the Unicef game.

Shearer said: “I still play a couple of times a week with mates. And there’s no greater incentive than scoring goals at Old Trafford.

“I always enjoyed playing there for Newcastle United. You rarely came away from there with any points, but I'm hoping we’ll get the right result for the match.

“I’m hopeful of scoring a couple of goals and giving Fabio Capello something to think about.”

England will take on the Rest Of The World, which will feature a mix of professional and ex-professional footballers and celebrities.

It is hoped the game can repeat Soccer Aid's fundraising feats of 2006 and 2008 by raising well over £1m from gate receipts and viewer donations.

Raising money is his main focus, but Shearer admits something else has got him really excited – French giant Zinedine Zidane.

Zidane joins the likes of Manchester United’s Ryan Giggs, Luis Figo and Henrik Larsson in the Rest Of The World team.

Shearer said: “The player I’m most looking forward to playing against is, without a doubt, Zinedine Zidane.

“He was one of the best players I ever played against for England so it will be magic to see him in action again.”

Asked if he would volunteer to take a penalty, he said: “Daft question – too right I will. You should never have to ask strikers if they want a free shot at goal.”

The game will be streamed live across the globe as some of the world’s greatest pull on their boots.

In the last two Soccer Aid outings, more than £4m was pledged from viewers watching the broadcast on ITV.

Alan said: “Unicef is an incredibly important charity. The work they do around the world protecting the rights of children can never be underestimated. It’s a truly worthwhile cause.”

Henrik Larsson is also taking part in the game, alongside cricketer Brian Lara, chef Gordon Ramsay, pop singer Ronan Keating, and ex-Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann.

Harry Redknapp will be managing the England team, with comedian James Corden as assistant manager.

Coached by Bryan Robson, the line-up also includes pop-star Robbie Williams, who has co-ordinated the event with Unicef.

The game comes just days before England kick off their World Cup campaign in South Africa, and Shearer today claimed the team had every chance of lifting the trophy.

He said: “I think we are realistically one of three or four that could go on to win it including Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina. We've got a chance but we’ll need Rooney fit and at his best and we’ll need a bit of luck.”

You can see Soccer Aid live from Old Trafford on ITV1 this Sunday from 6pm.

Currently, FSC here in the US is running a TV series called "International Football Rivalries". I assume this has run in the UK. Does anyone know the total run of the series and the rivalries featured? Think I've stumbled on England-Scotland, England-Germany, Germany-Netherlands, and Brazil-Argentina. Any others?

So apparently David O'Leary scoring from 12 yards out is more shocking than Andreas Escobar getting murderd! :lol: (Wasn't even on the list! :lol:)

It was meant to be lighthearted though. :lol:

Is there any friendlies or anything on TV today?

Nowt on the telly, a few games being streamed on bet365. The only thing this weekend is Soccer Aid on Sunday night on ITV1.

12.30, FiveUSA: Soccer Dog - European Cup

"This movie is a total disgrace the research must have been zero as it is full of terrible mistakes and is clearly filmed in the USA by someone who does not even know what Scotland looks like

As a scot it made me extremely angry as to how we were portrayed in this bargain bin rubbish

The accents are terrible, They didn't even bother to put UK number plates on the cars in the film whilst I accept the film is a light hearted kids movie, they should realise we are not all kilt wearing long haired Mel Gibson look a likes Time for the director and producers of this junk to spend a little time on research."

18.55 - 19.55, ITV4: FIFA World Cup: Greatest Goals

Matt Smith counts down the 50 greatest World Cup goals ever scored. Will Diego Maradona's brilliant solo goal against England in 1986 get the vote as the best ever goal? Journalists and pundits such as Clive Tyldesley, Robbie Earle and David Pleat give their views on the best goals scored over the years in the worlds biggest football tournament.

19.00 - 19.30, BBC3: World Cup's Most Shocking Moments (again)

19.55 - 21.00, ITV4: How To Win The World Cup

A documentary which reveals the scientific key to answering sport's biggest question this summer - how to win soccer's biggest prize. A team of leading experts and footballing legends look at every minute of World Cup action from the past 20 years to provide exclusive scientific data and analysis. The results are a fascinating and surprising insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the teams most likely to succeed in South Africa. One team in particular fullfills all the criteria and looks set to triumph again.

18.55 - 19.55, ITV4: FIFA World Cup: Greatest Goals

Matt Smith counts down the 50 greatest World Cup goals ever scored. Will Diego Maradona's brilliant solo goal against England in 1986 get the vote as the best ever goal? Journalists and pundits such as Clive Tyldesley, Robbie Earle and David Pleat give their views on the best goals scored over the years in the worlds biggest football tournament.

19.00 - 19.30, BBC3: World Cup's Most Shocking Moments (again)

19.55 - 21.00, ITV4: How To Win The World Cup

A documentary which reveals the scientific key to answering sport's biggest question this summer - how to win soccer's biggest prize. A team of leading experts and footballing legends look at every minute of World Cup action from the past 20 years to provide exclusive scientific data and analysis. The results are a fascinating and surprising insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the teams most likely to succeed in South Africa. One team in particular fullfills all the criteria and looks set to triumph again.

Personally I'd go for one of Pele's in the '58 final, the one were he flicked it over the defender's head.

Hopefully the greatest goals programme will have the Brian Moore commentary of the Owen vs Argentina goal.

Brian Moore? The Metro Radio DJ?

Hopefully the greatest goals programme will have the Brian Moore commentary of the Owen vs Argentina goal.

The dead guy. I didn't care for him much but he's great on that goal. Similar to the Barry Davies commentary on the Bergkamp one, just loses control and it makes the moment seem even better.

:dowie: