Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was alright at the start. Think it was citeh where he looked comfortable, but it went downhill quickly. If started as he finished this might have ended sooner. Didn’t we try to sell him to wes5 ham before even kicking a ball for us?

Agreed. He was average to shite, then got Pardewed and remained shite for the rest of his time here. Played 4 times the amount of games for us than he should have, had we an ounce of ambition over the last decade.

He was also a coward on the field. So many times he'd close himself off to a pass by standing near or behind a marker.

This kind of opinion always intrigues me. Do you actually think it's a case of him actively looking to avoid the ball over him just having a s*** footballing brain (as evidenced by the insane levels of thick as pigshit needless fouls he'd commit mentioned by toon25 above)?

Just find it a hard thing to believe that someone could become/remain a Premier League footballer with the mindset of actively avoiding the ball being a full-on trait.

Please don't take this as any kind of defence of the disgusting little scrotum btw. :lol: More a broad thought I've had before that cropped up in my mind again from your post.

It is hard to believe but I do genuinely believe he actively looked to avoid the ball. He would always call for the ball when he knew he was man marked and stay quiet when he was actually in space.

I think he was aware of his limitations but had to be seen to be doing something, so adopted that as a strategy.

I know nothing about his character or him as a person, but from a football perspective I'm glad he is no longer a part of the team.

He was also a coward on the field. So many times he'd close himself off to a pass by standing near or behind a marker.

This kind of opinion always intrigues me. Do you actually think it's a case of him actively looking to avoid the ball over him just having a s*** footballing brain (as evidenced by the insane levels of thick as pigshit needless fouls he'd commit mentioned by toon25 above)?

Just find it a hard thing to believe that someone could become/remain a Premier League footballer with the mindset of actively avoiding the ball being a full-on trait.

Please don't take this as any kind of defence of the disgusting little scrotum btw. :lol: More a broad thought I've had before that cropped up in my mind again from your post.

It is hard to believe but I do genuinely believe he actively looked to avoid the ball. He would always call for the ball when he knew he was man marked and stay quiet when he was actually in space.

I think he was aware of his limitations but had to be seen to be doing something, so adopted that as a strategy.

I know nothing about his character or him as a person, but from a football perspective I'm glad he is no longer a part of the team.

He loved a sideways pass and a needless foul on the touchline that presented a great crossing opportunity in the last 10 mins.

Some of the comments on here are shocking really.

Then again I guess the lad isn't up during the day writing on a forum about a guy he doesn't even know, no maybe he's too busy you know with playing for the club he grew up supporting, earning more money in a week then what people on here will earn in a year, getting to go home to his wife and child at the end of the day. If he puts in the work then one day when he's at work he might score the winner in a derby, with a bit of good luck he might even score the winner in a cup final. Aye but go ahead, mock the lad on his looks, hate him before he's played a competitive match for us, because he's got nothing on any of you. I mean how can compete with half the people on here who one day if they work hard enough and sacrifice all their time possibly including time supporting us, or even valuable family time then one day when some of you go to work you might be promoted to the position of deputy shift supervisor at the Tesco's down the road, or possibly even PA to the PA, to the PA of the big boss.

Hi Luke!

Some of the comments on here are shocking really.

Then again I guess the lad isn't up during the day writing on a forum about a guy he doesn't even know, no maybe he's too busy you know with playing for the club he grew up supporting, earning more money in a week then what people on here will earn in a year, getting to go home to his wife and child at the end of the day. If he puts in the work then one day when he's at work he might score the winner in a derby, with a bit of good luck he might even score the winner in a cup final. Aye but go ahead, mock the lad on his looks, hate him before he's played a competitive match for us, because he's got nothing on any of you. I mean how can compete with half the people on here who one day if they work hard enough and sacrifice all their time possibly including time supporting us, or even valuable family time then one day when some of you go to work you might be promoted to the position of deputy shift supervisor at the Tesco's down the road, or possibly even PA to the PA, to the PA of the big boss.

Hi Luke!

Wow that's Jack Colback, or Jack Colback has one fan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...