Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Some of Darlow's mistakes were absolutely dreadful.

Aye. The one where he ended up getting lauded for the reaction save in The Championship was horrific.

Do you mean the one where he gets tripped by his own team mate, which results in him flying in front of the shot? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Some of Darlow's mistakes were absolutely dreadful.

Aye. The one where he ended up getting lauded for the reaction save in The Championship was horrific.

Do you mean the one where he gets tripped by his own team mate, which results in him flying in front of the shot? :lol:

I think that might be one.

The signing that perhaps most personified Ashley's era for me. Arrived for 100k from some league two side, was predictably utter shite, acted the cunt who liked to tell us we weren't all that and who somehow despite all this made 55 appearances for us. Good riddance indeed. Take your boss(es) with you.

Guest neesy111

The signing that perhaps most personified Ashley's era for me. Arrived for 100k from some league two side, was predictably utter shite, acted the cunt who liked to tell us we weren't all that and who somehow despite all this made 55 appearances for us. Good riddance indeed. Take your boss(es) with you.

League 1 side, he also cost £750k.

Guest neesy111

Didn't Charlton report us for lowballing them with a £100k offer?

Seem to remember something.

'In advance of our match against Scunthorpe, it is very disappointing that Alan Pardew has decided to make public an offer for Robbie Elliot despite assurances to the contrary that wouldn't happen from his club officials.

'Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer. The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

'We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest.'

We're such an awful club

League 1 side, he also cost £750k.

That makes me feel much better about him. Come back please Rob!

Club's Player of the Season 2015/16 and a decent goalie in my view.  Good luck to him.

Love this. As if being named player of a season in which the club was relegated carries any real weight (unlike him har har har).

It's basically "least s***".

Aye, all s***, Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse, Jamaal Lascelles, Ayoze Perez, Cheick Tiote and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Club's Player of the Season 2015/16 and a decent goalie in my view.  Good luck to him.

Love this. As if being named player of a season in which the club was relegated carries any real weight (unlike him har har har).

It's basically "least s***".

Aye, all s***, Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse, Jamaal Lascelles, Ayoze Perez, Cheick Tiote and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

They were that season.

Anyone with ambition to have played games would have left years ago.

He simply didn’t want to play games more than picking up his wages.

He was arrogant and disrespectful to fans. He can say thank you and be appreciated of the area all he likes, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he sold himself out. He could have had a semi-decent career elsewhere, instead he spent 9 years at a club where he was often 3rd choice keeper.

Really didn't rate him. Had no business being here PL or championship for me and only was because of the regime (Pardew > Woodman > Eliott) and as Stifleaay says above, it suggests the player himself knew it.

Don't know what people like John Anderson were seeing other than Ireland shirts scratching their head as to why a world class manager like Rafa wouldn't rate him. Made perfect f**king sense to me.

On the record here, way back in the day saying we were down when Krul got injured because he wasn't up to it.