Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest Jungle Barry

If you don't have it, the DVD with all 206 goals on is a great purchase. What a privilege to have been a season ticket holder whilst he was here.

Chelsea at home - glorious sunny day - 03-04 - Shola scored a decent goal to make it 1-1 then Shearer totally owned Desailly, pinned him and smashed one into The Gallowgate top corner from 25 yards!

So many great goals to remember - I do love the Villa one as well.  Almost feel it is an underrated goal by non-NUFC fans because it was Shearer i.e. people didn't expect that kind of touch finish from Shearer.  In fact, Shearer generally had such an underrated technique - his first touch was consistently excellent.

It's amazing to think that he could have been even better and scored even more goals if he hadn't had those injuries and essentially missed 2 seasons of playing.

Chelsea at home - glorious sunny day - 03-04 - Shola scored a decent goal to make it 1-1 then Shearer totally owned Desailly, pinned him and smashed one into The Gallowgate top corner from 25 yards!

That was the end of Desailly. Shola made him look stupid too for his goal. Great game. Near the end of the season iirc. I think that year Shola scored 9 league goals. NINE! Looked like he might go on to become  a decent player.

That was the end of Desailly. Shola made him look stupid too for his goal. Great game. Near the end of the season iirc. I think that year Shola scored 9 league goals. NINE! Looked like he might go on to become  a decent player.

I'm certain it was the day that Arsenal clinched the title at Tottenham which followed our game as I had a big double on us and them which returned a tidy amount but they conceded last kick to draw! Robbie Keane and his bellend celebration I think - a penalty rings a bell after a howler from Jens the mad German!

He scored an outrageous free kick at the reebok which gets forgotten.  We lost 4-3

4-1 away to Boro

The pen in his last game at the mackems is amazing

AT everton he scored 2 amazing pens on season

The Villa one was the best for me.  Absolutely outstanding technique, liked it more than that Everton one.

Absolutely. Was against Schmeichel as well. Nobody should be thinking of volleying in at the far post from that angel and position, Shearer did it gracefully and made it look piss easy. Defo my fav of his.

Also loved the volley against Everton, and the turn and shot vs Chelsea. The free kick against Man Utd was silly as well.

The Villa and Everton ones were better than brilliant. 10/10. Non-NUFC fans can moan that he's a boring pundit, but fuck them. He's a proper hero for me.

NUFC fans can moan he's a boring pundit too. Doesn't mean he isn't a legend.

:lol: OK. Pedantry Corner for you too.

Also, match of the day is a very hard show to be good on IMO. You are commenting on about 7 matches in one night, maybe one or two of which you've actually seen a full game. It's difficult to make interesting observations on games that you have only seen highlights of

Can I just clarify that the guy is my fucking hero? I'm saying nowt against him.

Shearer. Hero. No problem.

In fact, to the extent that at my wedding my stepson (number 2) shouted out that I should wheel away with the Shearer one-armed salute after she said "I do". And I did.

A bit embarrassing for all concerned tbh. :blush: Thank god the rest of the day was brilliant. Or outstanding if you want to be pedantic.

Also, match of the day is a very hard show to be good on IMO. You are commenting on about 7 matches in one night, maybe one or two of which you've actually seen a full game. It's difficult to make interesting observations on games that you have only seen highlights of

Plus I'm sure a lot of people don't give a crap about the pundits and just want the show to get on with the action. I know I do. Shearer or otherwise if I'm watching on iplayer or downloaded I normally skip the chit-chat.

Can I just clarify that the guy is my f***ing hero? I'm saying nowt against him.

In fact, to the extent that at my wedding my stepson (number 2) shouted out that I should wheel away with the Shearer one-armed salute after she said "I do". And I did.

A bit embarrassing for all concerned tbh. :blush: Thank god the rest of the day was brilliant. Or outstanding if you want to be pedantic.

:lol: Class

Can I just clarify that the guy is my f***ing hero? I'm saying nowt against him.

:lol: Class

:lol: